Captains Round 10 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

VC Ryan
C Nick Martin

No Brisbane or Melbourne players which just leaves my new recruit and only Essendon player as the default captain. Ryan against the saints is a no brainer, hopefully he pulls out a lazy 220.

VC'ing Daicos as we like to pay respect to really good opposition players
C If Rozee is out again I'd expect Butters to go big at AO or Merrett (if I bring him in this week which with his next month of games is very tempting) vs North not sure which way yet.

Gawn and Livingstone playing in the last game gives some flexibility. Might just leave it really late in the week and go Butters into Gawn.

Serong, English and Naicos also considerations for the VC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VC Ryan
C Nick Martin

No Brisbane or Melbourne players which just leaves my new recruit and only Essendon player as the default captain. Ryan against the saints is a no brainer, hopefully he pulls out a lazy 220.

I really hope CD see the error of their ways and Ryan scores 50 :cool:

Can't do a big deep dive this week (got spicy cough).

Considering for VC:
  • Touk vs Geelong. Geelong mids keep giving give up massive scores.
  • Heeney, high risk high reward option for a VC. He's a very similar player to Petracca who tore the blues up.
  • Naicos. Form very hard to ignore but I think the Crows might run a tag on him so i'm cautious.
  • Bont. Giants inside mids like to go head-to-head & Bont is in good form.
  • Serong. Unbelievably good form, Saints are a high stoppage team with a poor midfield, however he has a really bad record against the Saints.
  • Ryan against the Saints. The biggest concern with VCing a defender against St Kilda is St Kilda don't score, so he loses points from kickouts. However both teams might spend the entire game kicking the ball sideways so he could drop another huge one.

Captain choices:
  • Gawn should go huge against West Coast ruck. Especially if McGovern is out, I don't know who West Coast have that can even spoil him around the ground.
  • Avoid Merrett, Clarko loves tagging him.
  • Butters, I'd be careful of the tag also, but I'm not convinced he's a taggable player.

Leaning most towards:
- Heeney/Ryan into Gawn

Can't do a big deep dive this week (got spicy cough).

Considering for VC:

• Touk vs Geelong. Geelong mids keep giving give up massive scores.
  • Heeney, high risk high reward option for a VC. He's a very similar player to Petracca who tore the blues up.
  • Naicos. Form very hard to ignore but I think the Crows might run a tag on him so i'm cautious.
  • Bont. Giants inside mids like to go head-to-head & Bont is in good form.
  • Serong. Unbelievably good form, Saints are a high stoppage team with a poor midfield, however he has a really bad record against the Saints.
  • Ryan against the Saints. The biggest concern with VCing a defender against St Kilda is St Kilda don't score, so he loses points from kickouts. However both teams might spend the entire game kicking the ball sideways so he could drop another huge one.

Captain choices:
  • Gawn should go huge against West Coast ruck. Especially if McGovern is out, I don't know who West Coast have that can even spoil him around the ground.
  • Avoid Merrett, Clarko loves tagging him.
  • Butters, I'd be careful of the tag also, but I'm not convinced he's a taggable player.

Leaning most towards:
- Heeney/Ryan into Gawn
Butters is also a potential VC for coaches with Livingstone as a loop, with Gawn C as backup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back