Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
key reason why such a small forward line worked last week was the absolute one-way domination of our mids at clearance and ability to waltz out the front of stoppage. aint gonna happen this week given quality of Adel's mids.

with heat around the ball at clearance and way less waltzing, the long 'get out' kick forward will be a thing, so i'd be looking to bring in AJ or even Dean to play forward of the ball and create an aerial contest.

can someone confirm, did Dean play some of his early /junior footy as a forward?

i have no confidence in Johnson to perform on the back of one average vfl game in 5
and i cant see us bringing Dean in to play forward

2 of those were as a backman, not convinced until he continually kicks 2-3 week for a month
he wont be playing as a backman in the seniors
2 of those he played 1H back and 2H forward and was better than ok in both roles across both games

reckon if JDG is fit to play then he'll come in for Howe and play predominantly forward

which means we're backing Maynard to play tall on Fogarty (Frampton > Himmelberg and Moore > Tex) and we're rolling with Cox & Reef as tall forwards and JDG & WHE as hybrids

There is no way you can make Richards the sub after that performance. He and Sullivan need to be rewarded. I know it's a small sample size, but they both look ready-made, they have been clean and fast around the contest.
Markov or Schultz the sub for mine. Markov has clearly not found his 2023 form, and I love Schultz's endeavour, but he has been nowhere near as clean as Sullivan and Richards and he has made some real blunders in his last few games. Plus he got suspended, so he needs to earn his spot back.

2 of those he played 1H back and 2H forward and was better than ok in both roles across both games

reckon if JDG is fit to play then he'll come in for Howe and play predominantly forward

which means we're backing Maynard to play tall on Fogarty (Frampton > Himmelberg and Moore > Tex) and we're rolling with Cox & Reef as tall forwards and JDG & WHE as hybrids
What happens when the 192cm Dawson rolls forward too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be just two changes: Schultz and de goey for Bytel and Howe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly didn’t sound convincing on Harrison, I think he’ll use that as a way to give him a rest this weekend.

Means the worst performed of macrae or Richards would make way for him for the freo game, assuming we don’t get any other injuries.

My Changes

Bytel > De Goey
Howe > Schultz
Harrison > either Harrison as sub or bring in a tall to be sub like Kruger/Johnson to sub off de goey

3e388023d4041629c851e1acf9f36e54.jpg

0c476f5bc4ffa7dd28e6983c908cdd65.jpg

d3691ff2e96d8b3b3d5d8f8cfa29c6fc.jpg

69d87449bd676adf4b05f25f582ca323.jpg

d8d2c127cfcc1cbec7fc77e1028000c1.jpg

Fly didn’t sound convincing on Harrison, I think he’ll use that as a way to give him a rest this weekend.

Means the worst performed of macrae or Richards would make way for him for the freo game, assuming we don’t get any other injuries.

My Changes

Bytel > De Goey
Howe > Schultz
Harrison > either Harrison as sub or bring in a tall to be sub like Kruger/Johnson to sub off de goey
From context I’m guessing that ‘>’ doesn’t mean ‘greater than’.

I'm all for it if it's warranted & there is a need for him in that specific game. Just not purely for sentimental reasons.

I think Ed is one of those players that will be more suited and perform better at the higher level with better players around him

I think Ed is one of those players that will be more suited and perform better at the higher level with better players around him

Watching the VFL has become irrelevant. Not only are they losing, but all our AFL listed players look ordinary until they play in the AFL... 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back