Autopsy Round 10 vs Bulldogs, Mars Stadium, Saturday 21st May, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If I can persuade the missus, we will come up as well. Need to check if she is working.

Where will you guys be?

Hopefully standing @ $25 each........

Just saw it's $60 a seat - bloody hell, daylight robbery!!

The area behind the goal is grey already - I assume sold out?

We stand in front of the scoreboard end it’s GA

The Gotham Penguin

Give me fish - and The Batman!
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We stand in front of the scoreboard end it’s GA
This end I assume:

1652759978346.png

Hopefully see you there!

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Is Jack Bowes fit yet and if so why isn’t he playing? Easily in your best 22 isn’t he?
Easily? I am not sure. Who does he replace? Possibly Fiorini?

Fit now, played 2 games in VFL. I would say a couple more games there.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I imagine he replaces Farrar
Personally, I am not keen on Bowes in defence. Not great defender IMO. Farrar's speed, defensive effort, contest more beneficial for us there. I would much rather to see Bowes in midfield, rotating wing, basically Fiorini's role but much better kick, delivery inside 50.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah Bowes over Fiorini every day of the week
Jack is definitely in our best 22 but I suspect Brayden is as well
It's a dilemma which is why I suspect Jye makes way- which would be disappointing as he's a great defender which I also agree Bowes isn't
Maybe you bench Rosas or Farrar
I'd back Jack to be a better "small forward" than Mally at this stage of his career and a lot more versatile of course

Cheifkeith95

Sam Collins appreciator
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m from VIC been working every Melbourne game we’ve played this year I took off the Ballarat game weeks in advance to head down with my bulldog supporting mates for the weekend, when I booked the travel I just thought it would be a bit of fun now it’s honestly I think the most nervous I’ve ever been for a suns game, feels like the closest we’ve been to a final if we can knock of the dogs and go into hawks then north 5-5 after all the quality top 8 teams we’ve already played this feels like one of the bigger games in our existence

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
I’m from VIC been working every Melbourne game we’ve played this year I took off the Ballarat game weeks in advance to head down with my bulldog supporting mates for the weekend, when I booked the travel I just thought it would be a bit of fun now it’s honestly I think the most nervous I’ve ever been for a suns game, feels like the closest we’ve been to a final if we can knock of the dogs and go into hawks then north 5-5 after all the quality top 8 teams we’ve already played this feels like one of the bigger games in our existence

This is actually pretty true. Would not be hard or unexpected for us to fold under the pressure of expectation. This is a VERY winnable game and if we walk away from Mars with the 4 points we are set for a red hot run at playing finals football.

Biggest fork in the road game in our history, that is for sure

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
While it would be amazing to win and go 5-5, I don't think a loss here will define our season.

Lose this one and pick up the next 2, like we would be favoured to, would have us at 6-6 at the bye which would still see us very well positioned to have a crack at the finals.

Though 7-5 sounds even better :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
I have been thinking that the dogs midfield is just far too strong for us, but we do have their midfield coach from last year, so perhaps that could be a big advantage going into this game.
They don't have any key defenders while we do.

Dunkley, bont and Smith all sit forward now.

I wouldn't worry to much about their midfield. They don't even have a ruck, English is still out and Martin is on his last legs. Witts > Sweet

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I have been thinking that the dogs midfield is just far too strong for us, but we do have their midfield coach from last year, so perhaps that could be a big advantage going into this game.

Maybe at marvel stadium could be an issue but mars stadium is completely different.. Adelaide proved you can beat them there and the weather conditions with a usually swirly wind makes it a scrap

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Have we ever had this much expectation going into a game? I don't recall so. The media (even in Vic) is blowing so much smoke up our arse. Bulldogs despite being supremely strong in the middle, do have some key outs most likely. Hope the players like Rankine, Chol ect don't go reading their own media.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
In my head, the goal for the season is still 10 wins as I just struggle to believe based on 11 years of let downs. Part of me also thinks we are due to be brought down to earth and the Bulldogs have a style that could let them just hold onto the ball all day and dictate everything and not give us a sniff.

But bloody hell what an opportunity in front of us. Club defining.

The Bulldogs have some big outs potentially, and at MARS makes it much more a game for us then if it was under the roof at marvel. And if we do have a down performance then it won’t be through getting ahead of ourselves with Touk and Witts leading from the front in the middle.

I said last week if we could nab one of the next two then we are at least a chance of finals given the optimism it would bring heading into the bye. But taking both? MASSIVE.

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Have we ever had this much expectation going into a game? I don't recall so. The media (even in Vic) is blowing so much smoke up our arse. Bulldogs despite being supremely strong in the middle, do have some key outs most likely. Hope the players like Rankine, Chol ect don't go reading their own media.
I could get used to this smoke up our arse business

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
While it would be amazing to win and go 5-5, I don't think a loss here will define our season.

Lose this one and pick up the next 2, like we would be favoured to, would have us at 6-6 at the bye which would still see us very well positioned to have a crack at the finals.

Though 7-5 sounds even better :p
Next 3 a winnable but bulldogs definitely the hardest game. How good would 7-5 be

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tough slog in the wet and a 6 day break + Travel to Ballarat & Dogs did play very well last week. A Win would be HUGE. We are in as much form as we have ever been in though so im not writing us off!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back