Review Round 10 vs Geelong @ GMHBA Stadium (22.05.21 - 2:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t like dew coaching from the bench.. Leigh Matthew’s said last night on 3aw can’t see anything from there and have to rely on the box for the information

I don’t like dew coaching from the bench.. Leigh Matthew’s said last night on 3aw can’t see anything from there and have to rely on the box for the information
We've always been a better side with Dew coaching from the bench. That's the sort of Coach he is.

Lots of passengers.

Graham, Burgess and Oleg all need to go next week for mine. What is Oleg thinking when he tries to kick it inboard deep in the D50, trying to hit out one Sun that is Caleb Graham amidst 3 cats? In that instance the kick isn't so bad, but Graham can't get ahold of the mark and as soon as it hits the deck Graham is just out of the contest. Then bang, they goal.

34 points is better than what I was expected, honestly. Geelong is a powerful team. At home? Basically can't beat them. Given who we rolled out today, passable. Effort was there for three quarters.

We had so many missed opportunities. They couldn't miss.

Today was definitely better than last week.

We can beat the Hawks. I think the club knows it too. Just need to hope Lemmens can get up for the game with that ankle.

The game felt like i was waking up early mornings to watch Liverpool play Burnley. If you get the terminology, basically a top team play a lower team parking the bus. Every time we got the ball we bombed it forward and they would attack, ah disapointing in Dew. Thats how we set up in his first year, yeah we didn't get blown out by 60=100 points but we made no progression at all. We probably went backwards to be honest.

Hawks played well today too, feeling a loss.

No game plan, no confidence, no goals. Only perform in junk time lol joke..

Duncan and Guthrie both get injured and guess what happens? Geelong step up and kick 4 goals in a row, seriously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a football point of view, I think the team out performed now I thought they would today. Geelong in Geelong is one of the toughest trips in football and we were right in the game until mid of the third. What this shows is if we can clean up our goal kicking and target kicking, we are capable of being able to challenge top sides away from home. i see some comments about lack of confidence in the group both playing and coaching. I disagree, I can actually see the promising signs form watching the team play. We are young and with young teams there are inconsistencies. I fully back the coaches and the boys in. Next week against Hawthorn is a great opportunity to win before the bye and I’ll back us in to do so!

From the other point of view, today was one of the worst games of football I’ve attended. The consistent abuse to our cheer squad from Geelong supporters was very disappointing and sadly the reaction of some of our supporters wasn’t the best either which was also disappointing to see. What I will mention though, how on earth are a bunch of Geelong supporters allowed to sit right in the middle of an opposition teams cheer squad area? Maybe if they weren’t sitting in there nothing would have escalated? GMHBA isn’t as good as people talk about! Waiting to enter we the ground took forever, lines were so long around the ground for everything including food, drink and toilets.

Hope the next game I go to which is in Perth will be a good experience!

The consistent abuse to our cheer squad from Geelong supporters was very disappointing

What I will mention though, how on earth are a bunch of Geelong supporters allowed to sit right in the middle of an opposition teams cheer squad area?
I last went there in 2016 and said I will never go there again for this reason.. we were abused for waving the flags and cheering

And the “unofficial cheer squad” who sit directly behind the goals is ridiculous.. making the away cheer squad sit in the pocket is a joke

We can hear you CanYouFeelTheSunburn keep it up!

Appreciate it bro! Apparently a lady was saying Gerard Healy made mention to us behind the goals about our noise and effort will have to rewatch and try find the moment. We were heckled, spat on, yelled at and confronted and we didn’t back down to the inbreds. Awful stadium, fans and experience, now I know why bodsy hates the handbaggers so much! Bunch of gutless flogs.

Appreciate it bro! Apparently a lady was saying Gerard Healy made mention to us behind the goals about our noise and effort will have to rewatch and try find the moment. We were heckled, spat on, yelled at and confronted and we didn’t back down to the inbreds. Awful stadium, fans and experience, now I know why bodsy hates the handbaggers so much! Bunch of gutless flogs.
I’ll only go there again to support the team but it’s not for the experience that’s for sure. I don’t recommend going to the ground for footy at all.

Too many people accept mediocrity with this club and reflects on the field.: ah we lost but could’ve been 100+

we are barely a mediocre side at the moment. A mediocre performance is par. Were you hoping to beat them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back