Autopsy Round 10 vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Saturday May 25th @ 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Another year or so into the young guys legs and we run that out a lot better. Still missing some class around the ground and stuggled without a big fullback. Martin is one of the most frustrating players, so much skill but some of his efforts and decision making is terrible.

I feel like that comes close to our best game of the season. Cats are just a great team and us as supporters should remember that. Disappointed at the end result but extremely proud of the boys today. If we have a fit Thompson we might win that tonight

Another year or so into the young guys legs and we run that out a lot better. Still missing some class around the ground and stuggled without a big fullback. Martin is one of the most frustrating players, so much skill but some of his efforts and decision making is terrible.

I imagine Martin won't be here next year but his efforts (if you call them that) are seeing his stocks drop by the week.

Maybe we should get him to fake an injury and put him on ice for the rest of the year to sustain his trade value rather than him continuing to expose this sort of form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kept up with what is apparently (certainly didn’t see it tonight) the best team in the comp. Can’t not be happy with that.
Kids ran out of legs in the 4th as us been in the case and will continue as the year goes on. That will change as long as we can keep them around and get some pre-seasons into them.
Abletts gotta go. Used up all his good faith surely.
It also would appear that Boddsy has gotten under the skin of at least a few Cats fans. Rent free there.

Very impressed by that game. The suns fought til the end. Just the cats experience won in the end. But I think there is a lot to take from this game. Big Big difference between now and last year. No 100 point losses.
Players are still young and inexperienced, but with more experience and strength, they'll be able to close off games.

Lots of my pies friends we were impressed with Witt's game and goal.

Would like to see some work on in close handballs and just making some of the tackling.. much better to see less of the big long bombs

So just home from the game and have to say it was great to be at Metricon again

Positives
Boys worked their guts out
I’m in love with Bowes and Fiorini
Harbrow was great as was Darcy

Negatives
Jack Martin is just plain lazy and his disposal and hands were sub AFL standard
Ainsworths ankle cost us dearly
Corbett and 2MP don’t function well, offered little IMO
Buses out of Metricon are still poorly run

ohh and Gaz is a flog

From Watching the game on TV
King looked soft to me.

Didn’t attack any contests or anything.
Just seemed to jump straight up while trying to avoid contact.
Needs more mongrel in him.

Did do a lovely kick to sexy for that goal though.
I think the absolute opposite, he was hitting packs flat out, throwing his frame around a bit. Gets knocked out of the air easy but he is at least contesting. Can’t say that for 2MP

Suns probably played the best game of the year and took it to one of flag favourites while missing Miller, Hanley, Thompson, Rankine, Ah Chee, Collins and Lemmens (yes no mistake - Lemmens). I just hate when the team plays hearts out and people just criticise individual players.

Yes, we faded in the last quarter but just maybe it had something to do with opposition's class and polish, us having 6 days break after slog in wet vs Cats 7 days break, Ainsworth and Bowes on one leg, us being 2 years and 8 months younger, having 62 games experience vs Cats 112, still building synergy.

Martin lazy? Check out his clearances and tackles (8 + 8, second best in both). Yes his disposal was comical sometimes but this is his first year full time in midfield and one can see he still has some way to go there and it is physically taxing on him.

Murdoch made 2 stupid mistakes but again check out his stats (5 tackles, 82%DE). He actually had a good game. He used his speed well and we needed it.

Every player played a role even Burgess who actually in the second half made plenty of good plays.

Yes King has some way to go (congrats on a great discovery) but if people can't see his contest work not sure what game they watched.

Some highlights for me.
Powell big heart after crushed in marking contest
Our midfield dominating clearances (first time this season)
Excellent Ballard, Witts, Swallow, Fiorini, Mcpherson, Miles

Camsta was right - not a lot of true Suns fans here but for sure a lot of whiners. I think I need a break from this forum too.

Last edited:
From Watching the game on TV
King looked soft to me.

Didn’t attack any contests or anything.
Just seemed to jump straight up while trying to avoid contact.
Needs more mongrel in him.

Did do a lovely kick to sexy for that goal though.
Kings was very soft on a few occasions tonight.
Just looked like he had no interest in competing at all at times.

Also thought it was Lukosius worst game so far.
He was terrible early cost us 2 goals by being out of position and losing his opponent.
He run under the ball a lot again tonight.
Just like the coaches were highlighting in that video on AFL.com during the week.
so he really need to work on that because it cost us goals by him not having any impact on the contest by marking or brings the ball to ground like the coach’s asked him to do.

Yeah it great he can play multiple positions and can run all day but when you are having no impact you because a liability for your team.

And last thinks from me tonight it’s time we drop Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back