Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
No more than Grundy, Goldstein, Martin
But yes he is a warrior

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Witts is rucking far more minutes than these guys during games. There was a chart I remember seeing on the TV that had him rucking the most minutes of everyone and it was a distant second.

North did the same thing to Goldstein a few years ago and it wrecked him for a couple of seasons. Hopefully we avoid that scenario.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Witts is rucking far more minutes than these guys during games. There was a chart I remember seeing on the TV that had him rucking the most minutes of everyone and it was a distant second.

North did the same thing to Goldstein a few years ago and it wrecked him for a couple of seasons. Hopefully we avoid that scenario.

Grundy would be rucking vast majority now Cox is out.

I think Wright is also very good in the ruck
We obviously miss any kind of tall forward presence when he is out of the forward line though.
With the hopeful development of our other talls it would be great for Wright to give Witts more of a chop out.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Watched the first 3 quarters - didn't really want to watch the last knowing what was going to happen.

Swallow again captain courageous.
Witts also had one of his best games for us.

Jack Martin did some good things but also seems to take plays off - DE 30%!

I'm hoping Darcy continues to play midfield once Miller comes back.

Weller taken his game to another level this year - definitely improved.

Powell also continues to show glimpses - wish he took that mark he flew for in the goal square.

Hoping Benny's ankle is good to go again next week, really like the player he is turning into.

I really hate the wet weather games we get playing at night.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
I thought that was a super effort.

Cracked in most of the game, did not get blown out.
A clear pass mark. Witts and Swallow are really stepping up this year which helps with all that.

Just got beat by a better team and by a strong key forward when our best 2 matchups for him are out injured.

Umpires were 50/50 I thought, we got a couple of soft ones our way. Boddsy is so one-eyed it is great, we need some of that.

Joyce much better this week for mine, a couple of bad clangers but also did plenty of good things which is an improvement.

Biggest question mark is on Burgess. Does not play tall enough to replace Collins.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Kept up with what is apparently (certainly didn’t see it tonight) the best team in the comp. Can’t not be happy with that.
Kids ran out of legs in the 4th as us been in the case and will continue as the year goes on. That will change as long as we can keep them around and get some pre-seasons into them.
Abletts gotta go. Used up all his good faith surely.
It also would appear that Boddsy has gotten under the skin of at least a few Cats fans. Rent free there.
Yes, wasn’t impressed by the Cats. Collingwood, Richmond and Eagles are the teams to beat come the business end.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Yeah whenever I was tearing my hair out last night it was over Hombsch not Burgess
Feel like Hombsch tried his best and did a couple of very good things. We knew going into this game that Hawkins could kick a bag. Unfortunately he didn't get the help he needed.

Most of the back six was good today, save for those howlers from Murdoch. Even Joyce looked good except for some really strange decisions to kick inboard.

King showed a bit more. That lace out pass to Sexton was magic. I imagine just like Luko he will be a slow burn. He's still working out his place alongside Corbett and 2MP. When to fly and where he should be in terms of spacing.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Darce has improved so much it's unfathomable. A whole host of our young guys have also developed but this guy has come out of no-where. Just his ability to get the ball inside or hit it at pace off a pack is unreal. Even his kicking has become a bit better recently.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Cracking effort for 3qtrs but I think last night was a good indication of deficiencies in our list.

We desperately need an A grade rebound defender that hits targets (and possibly free up Weller for the midfield rotation).

We desperately need a quality high possession midfielder that can lift our team.

Desperately need Rankine crumbing in the forward line, especially with Ainsworth now a rotating through the midfielder.

Really missed Collins/Thompson as our #1 key defender.

I think we have the rest and should hopefully come with our young list maturing?

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Our big deficiency I think anyway is the outside mid with elite skills or a player who can work from inside to outside, we have Weller on the outside but need more. We have the inside of the contest sorted, smashed Geelong in the clearances last night, without Touk as well. We need to get some good ball users. Duncan was amazing and is exactly the kind of player this team needs. Outside mid that can find the goals.

Say what you want about Saad but as that rebounding defender you always knew he would move the ball quickly.

I reckon if we continue like we are through the season, we probably have enough to show a good/great player that we are worth it as a destination and are building towards something.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Our big deficiency I think anyway is the outside mid with elite skills or a player who can work from inside to outside, we have Weller on the outside but need more. We have the inside of the contest sorted, smashed Geelong in the clearances last night, without Touk as well. We need to get some good ball users. Duncan was amazing and is exactly the kind of player this team needs. Outside mid that can find the goals.

Say what you want about Saad but as that rebounding defender you always knew he would move the ball quickly.

I reckon if we continue like we are through the season, we probably have enough to show a good/great player that we are worth it as a destination and are building towards something.
We need Weller through the middle. He is quick, good runner both ways and use the ball very well.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Corey Ellis and Wigg suppose to be the outside mid and rebounding HB. I said it many time get somebody in mid season, 70K to test out players is better than picking a player in ND draft for two years not playing AFL. Academy players is always there if they are good enough in this year draft GCS can match bid as well , not Marty hore, Callum Wilkie, Sam Collins, Corbett type.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Corey Ellis and Wigg suppose to be the outside mid and rebounding HB. I said it many time get somebody in mid season, 70K to test out players is better than picking a player in ND draft for two years not playing AFL. Academy players is always there if they are good enough in this year draft GCS can match bid as well , not Marty hore, Callum Wilkie, Sam Collins, Corbett type.
Wigg has been hampered by consistent injuries. Not really his fault.

Ellis has just come back from a pretty serious ankle injury, would like to see where he is by the end of the year.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Corey Ellis and Wigg suppose to be the outside mid and rebounding HB. I said it many time get somebody in mid season, 70K to test out players is better than picking a player in ND draft for two years.

I think Wigg’s time is up unfortunately. Can’t see him here next year. Seems his body just can’t cope with the stresses of AFL.. or just bloody unlucky.

For me, Corey Ellis still has time on his side. Only 22 and the potential is still there. Hoping he breaks into the seniors early in the 2nd half of the season and grabs his opportunity. Fingers crossed he is a late bloomer?

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just eavesdropping on some of the members that sit around me the frustration levels towards Martin and Wright are very big now.
Two blokes off contract that are on the nose that we could get multiple first rounders for.
Chuck em up forward for all 4 quarters for the rest of the season so they can get some highlights and their goal tally up and have a huge hand to play with tradeing and drafting in the off season.

If you don’t have “mongrel” then you are a liability.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just eavesdropping on some of the members that sit around me the frustration levels towards Martin and Wright are very big now.
Two blokes off contract that are on the nose that we could get multiple first rounders for.
Chuck em up forward for all 4 quarters for the rest of the season so they can get some highlights and their goal tally up and have a huge hand to play with tradeing and drafting in the off season.

If you don’t have “mongrel” then you are a liability.

The problem with 2mp is everyone expecting him to be the lynch key forward replacement but impossible while he’s second ruck also

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
The problem with 2mp is everyone expecting him to be the lynch key forward replacement but impossible while he’s second ruck also

And he is now getting the best key defender which needs him to step up and overcome. Not quite ready to do that yet.

I really wish we would try playing Day & Wright as our key forwards and let Corbett roam as our 3rd marking option. And let Day pinch hit in the ruck instead of 2MP.

King not ready. Lukosius really not ready either for the output we need from his role. Seems like we are playing these guys too often, too early... keeping them happy maybe? I dunno, I guess it is fast-tracking them but it doesn’t help our immediate team structure or results.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
And he is now getting the best key defender which needs him to step up and overcome. Not quite ready to do that yet.

I really wish we would try playing Day & Wright as our key forwards and let Corbett roam as our 3rd marking option. And let Day pinch hit in the ruck instead of 2MP.

King not ready. Lukosius really not ready either for the output we need from his role. Seems like we are playing these guys too often, too early... keeping them happy maybe? I dunno, I guess it is fast-tracking them but it doesn’t help our immediate team structure or results.
I assume we are trying to fast track them in a year where nothing is expected of us.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I’m not worried about him getting the best defender but there’s nothing more I’d love to see than wright at least get 1 game where he just plays as forward and not having to ruck... there’s a thread on here how are we going to kick a winning score and imo adding someone who can second ruck instead of wright will help that

Back