Preview Round 10 vs Melbourne IN: Fletcher, Jetta, Hardingham; OUT: McVeigh, Slattery, Pears

Remove this Banner Ad

twilightzone.jpg

Seriously why do people think they have a better idea than the match committee? "Player X, Y & Z won't come up, late changes, blah, blah, blah." 99.99% of you have absolutely no idea who is in doubt and who isn't, the same statements are made week in week out and it's all guesswork.

Hey I have a groundbreaking idea, why don't we actually put our faith in the match committee and believe them when they say Hardy is fit, Dyson is fit, Cram is fit etc?? Ok maybe there will be a late change but hey, I don't think it's an evil genius plan to name all of these players that have no chance of playing. Somehow I think the selectors, contrary to what the majority of you believe, have more important things to consider than to set these complex smokescreens that you all predict week after week.
Oh I forgot, you all have some inside information on essendons injury situation.
Spare me.

That is an all-time GREAT rant.

Seriously why do people think they have a better idea than the match committee? "Player X, Y & Z won't come up, late changes, blah, blah, blah." 99.99% of you have absolutely no idea who is in doubt and who isn't, the same statements are made week in week out and it's all guesswork.

Hey I have a groundbreaking idea, why don't we actually put our faith in the match committee and believe them when they say Hardy is fit, Dyson is fit, Cram is fit etc?? Ok maybe there will be a late change but hey, I don't think it's an evil genius plan to name all of these players that have no chance of playing. Somehow I think the selectors, contrary to what the majority of you believe, have more important things to consider than to set these complex smokescreens that you all predict week after week.
Oh I forgot, you all have some inside information on essendons injury situation.
Spare me.

A+ effort, that one.

Players NOT playing this week -

- Heppell (inj)
- Hibberd (inj)
- Winderlich (inj)
- Pears
- Hille
- Myers
- Reimers
- McVeigh :rolleyes:

All of these players, on their day, could make a genuine case of being in our top 22.

Others not playing who have AFL experience Alex Browne, Corey Dell'Olio, Scott Gumbleton, Henry Slattery, Michael Ross (inj) & Brent Prismall (inj).

Not to mention our draftees from the end of 2011 who haven't got a look in yet - Elliot Kavanagh, Jackson Merrett & Nicholas O'Brien (inj). Not forgetting Ariel Steinberg and Luke Davis from the 2010 draft who haven't cracked a senior game yet either but have both shown significant glimpses.

Impressive depth building.

Good summary, Mac.:thumbsu:

Looking forward to getting more of a look at some of these kids in the future.

Ins and Outs since last time they met Round 11 2011

Melbourne 15.11.101 defeated Essendon 10.8.68 margin 33 points

Essendon Ins: Hocking, Watson, Dempsey, Hurley, Dyson, Carlisle, Davey

Essendon Outs: Myers, Hibberd, Heppell, Hille, McVeigh, Slattery, Brown

Melbourne Ins: Dunn, Blease, Tapscott, Bail, Clark, Garland, Magner, Grimes, Tom McDonald, Jamar

Melbourne Outs: Gysberts, Scully, Martin, Jurrah, Gawn, Bennell, Morton, Jetta, Evans, Strauss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins and Outs since last time they met Round 11 2011

Melbourne 15.11.101 defeated Essendon 10.8.68 margin 33 points

Essendon Ins: Hocking, Watson, Dempsey, Hurley, Dyson, Carlisle, Davey

Essendon Outs: Myers, Hibberd, Heppell, Hille, McVeigh, Slattery, Brown

Melbourne Ins: Dunn, Blease, Tapscott, Bail, Clark, Garland, Magner, Grimes, Tom McDonald, Jamar

Melbourne Outs: Gysberts, Scully, Martin, Jurrah, Gawn, Bennell, Morton, Jetta, Evans, Strauss

Love the "in and out" comparisons.

Good stuff.

Agree Kong.

I like this little feature nickh32 has been producing each match. Great work :thumbsu:

Big out for you guys.

I take it Green will be okay to play, then? The last press I saw related to him still had him being in significant doubt..

Seems like it, though I would not rule out seeing Bennell back in tomorrow morning.

Awesome...

We've got a young tall defender doing well in the VFL by the name of Troy Davis, a real shining light who should be playing. Just got to hope Sellar comes and plugs the defensive hole, not playing up forward and doing nothing. Stefan Martin is suffering from some unknown injury, and I remember him doing very well against Ryder last season. Watch Sellar play forward and pinch hit...

I'd expect Garland on Hurley and McDonald on Crameri.

The source that is suggesting Crameri won't be playing this weekend due to pulling out of a Sunday media commitment is also the same source that suggested Ryder amongst other key Bombers were in "serious doubt" against GWS last weekend. They all played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back