Game Day Round 10 WC v GWS: RIP in Peace Nic Nat's knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we are not a nothing side, we are a lazy soft side. We played today against their worst possible side and were weak.
The sooner you accept the facts that we are a bunch of players who can perform on only their own terms the better.
We have talent but we don't have heart, thats the facts and nothing can hide it or change it.

I don't need to accept that. I didn't suggest otherwise. You're barely contradicting me.

Because we are not a nothing side, we are a lazy soft side. We played today against their worst possible side and were weak.
The sooner you accept the facts that we are a bunch of players who can perform on only their own terms the better.
We have talent but we don't have heart, thats the facts and nothing can hide it or change it.

It may have been GWS weak team but for every good name WCE player out there I bet GWS had a equal or better player to match ..

Kennedy --- Patton
Darling ---Cameron
Priddis---Shiel
Mitchell---Ward
Gaff --Kelly
Cripps ---Greene who was probably the difference and won the game for them ..
etcetctra

WCE put up a good fight but 7 changes this week was probably too much but bodes well for the future ..

Last edited:
First bit :

As we have been for several years. For a Club thats good at drafting tall's we are so F****** s**t at drafting quality mids. Whilst we keep the recruiting team the same we can expect no improvement from the sides we keep putting out to play.

Second bit:

Priddis has been cooked for two seasons now. Its so painful watching him jog back or forward to a contest and see ( pretty well every week ) opposition players fly past him to get to the contest before he does.
If he has a pair he will retire at seasons end.

Thats said I was happy with our intent.
But the cumulative skill level across every line was inferior today.
Beaten by a much better team today.

Sad but true . :(
I think having back surgery in the off season hasn't helped his cause, particularly at the age he's at.

Just watched Simmo post-match conference,that coach is in denial he sees the sunshine coming from the backside of his players o_O
Then you misunderstood because he seems to recognise it's time to move Priddis on due to him not being at many stoppages in the second half but is hamstrung by our MC who overrate the veterans and are too scared to piss players off. We've been in this situation before with the 3 ruck policy. I expect a number of retirements at the end of this season now tha his mate Brady is the list manager and Simmo may actually have some control over the list himself.

Some are in denial unfortunately. We just aren't that good - we may make the 8 but I don't expect miracles. We have an aging list which doesn't help things.
It is inflated by Mitchell and Petrie. Our seniors are rather old though and our depth is very young due to some s**t recruiting over the past few years. Personally I see that as the problem more than anything.

I think having back surgery in the off season hasn't helped his cause, particularly at the age he's at.
I don't think it has made any difference. If anything he looked to be moving better. The fact of the matter is that Naitanui made him look better than he is and papered over the cracks as it were. With Nic out, the skill deficiencies and lack of pace stick out like dogs balls.

I don't think it has made any difference. If anything he looked to be moving better. The fact of the matter is that Naitanui made him look better than he is and papered over the cracks as it were. With Nic out, the skill deficiencies and lack of pace stick out like dogs balls.
Naitanui papered over a lot of cracks in our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back