Game Day Round 10- West Coast v North Melbourne at Bellerive: Brad Scott Week IIV- Into the Heart of Darkness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a few people suggested Scooter as a captain option last year, I made the comment that he might want to prove he's got a place at this level consistently before we make such idiotic calls. And my opinion hasn't much changed. He's had one really good half year of footy, and not much else. He can't be in the same centre square combo as Priddis, and we fundamentally looked much worse with him in the midfield setup today. What is his role going forward? He's poor down back, he's poor up forward, as an attacking midfielder he offers significantly less than Yeo as a full timer and less than Duggan and Lecca as part timers. He's been a lousy tagger for a while now, but even if he wasn't, he can't be justified a place in that centre square as a tagger when it fundamentally ****s with the efficiency of our midfield unit.

What role does he have in our team?

I was hoping he was going to be subbed instead of Nelson. In fact, that was another poor coaching decision from Simpson. As I sad earlier, we desperately needed Yeo back in the middle in the last, with Lecca probably as well. Keeping Nelson on and subbing Selwood would've made it a lot easier to keep Yeo in the middle (it should have happened anyway), and we would've been covered down back. I hope Simpson doesn't fall back to such overly-devensive, conservative tactics in the future.
I can't argue with that.
While we were without him, I didn't think we missed him.
Now that he's back, I'm even more certain that we didn't miss him.
Nothing against the guy at all, and there's no denying what he gave us over the years, but I no longer think he's in our best 22, and when it comes down to a close call between him and someone else, I'd prefer to look to the future with our selection.

Love when we lose all the posters who hate certain players lay into their #1 targets ie Cripps Hill Butler..

Was a lose that will be better for us in the long term, lessons to be learned. We aren't gonna challenge for the flag, let's be honest, but we can sure as s**t cause some waves.

Love when we lose all the posters who hate certain players lay into their #1 targets ie Cripps Hill Butler..

Was a lose that will be better for us in the long term, lessons to be learned. We aren't gonna challenge for the flag, let's be honest, but we can sure as s**t cause some waves.
Hillydardz was s**t in fairness. Butler was good I thought, surprised he copped it. Long term thinking here, we're not a chance this year so pump some experience into the team, maybe they'll be better for it next time a game like this crops up and hopefully we're in a position to win them and challenge 2016-17

Butler wasn't very good today though. Then again pretty much everyone had a hand in losing us the game.

Just like we learned from similar games in 2013 and 2014?

* off that was a year where no one fronted up to play for the then Coach, with all due respect to Woosh.

2014, new game plan and style had us thereabouts but not good enoguh. 2015 we have come along in leaps and bounds. Norf flogged the pants of us in 2014 and we pushed them (yes we should've won) all day.

I'm a pessimist, a nervous Nancy, a little doom and gloom but even I and blind freddy can see this group has matured and improved.

Sadly we can only carry one of Priddis and Scooter in the guts. Scooter can go back to Vic, Yeo needs to be on ball more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back