Game Day Round 10 West Coast vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if there are any Centaurs available in the mid-season draft? Feel a half-man, half-horse could really add to our midfield. There'd be a lot of scrubby kicks along the ground and obviously handballs are off the table, but think of the shepherding.

Edit: I stand corrected - Centaurs have arms. Beauty.

Surely if you want quality shepherding we should be going for half-man half-Border Collie.

Can we sack players mid year an go to the Mid Season Draft? Just recruit the top 5 VFL and top 5 SANFL players. Must be better than what we currently have.
this is what I think.

Not 10 players but surely 3 or 4 20 y.o kids who are talented and on their last chance

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get a free kick and then just kick it around the backline like we're trying to save a lead in the dying minutes. Just no desire to score at all.

You want to make wholesale changes to the administration, then 'sort it out later', even though there's a huge tax for exceeding the soft cap.

I hope to god you're not an accountant.
What's the point in being the richest club if we're not gonna use that money? There's not a huge tax if you're exceeding it as a once off.

If anything I think the media and certainly the club are underselling how bad things are.

This is not just about injuries or development or whatever, It is not ******* normal to get beaten by 15+ goals by the other worst team in the competition. You have to go back to post draft sanction carlton, pre fold fitzroy to find a team as bad as west coast are right now.

This isn't Witherden,Petruccelle, Xon, Williams, Foley, Clark, West, Hough, Edwards, Jamieson etc toiling against an experienced match hardened opposition. This is them playing a similarly young group getting exposed for what they are- ******* terrible WAFL grade players who don't belong on an AFL list.

The travel factor with a young team that have never played in Tassie could be a reason for a dismal performance , the team is clearly lacking solid leaders ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What excuses? I'm telling you how it is, so you can stop your hand-wringing over something that simply will never happen.

The team's not going to magically get better, simply because Nisbett and Simpson are no longer there. It'd probably get even worse for a couple of years. Then what, sack them too and end up like a Carlton/Essendon basketcase for 20 years?

I'm not saying those 2 are going to be the driving force behind the next premiership however they've announced a rebuild and are attempting to completely change the play style. We don't have the fitness/players to actually sustain the new style so a number of preseasons + drafts will need to be done before a significant change occurs and we move back up the ladder, as well as not having a train-wreck of an injury list.

Simpson's been given until the end 2025 to see results and I'd be surprised to see him gone before them, unless he loses the players in that season.

It may not be what you want to happen but it's most likely what will happen. Expecting anything else is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I find it amusing that you think rationality = what you think likely will happen.

That’s the point. What we have done and typically would be expected to do isn’t the right response.

What I want is what’s best for the club. What you want is to try and show how clever you are by being right based on the club doing nothing but sit on its hands and wait for time to fix this.

You being unable to see that sometimes you need to shake things up because shaking them up is what accelerates the process and gets you to a better place more quickly.

You are spouting the status quo as the rational approach. It’s literally the irrational thing to do. We might do it, because being mediocre and slow to act has become our calling card but I’d prefer rationally that we act now because it will be better for us as a club.

Simmo has already lost the players, he lost most of the ones who aren’t his guys over the last 3 years. They are playing exactly as you’d expect poorly coached, hearts not really in it types to play.

So rationally you shake it up. You don’t wait until years end or 2025 and arrive at the same place.

You are being narrow, inside the box, small minded, negative and mediocre. It’s not rational to do that. Unless you are someone who has never done or been involved in anything of substance. It’s not rational. It might be how it plays out because the club is stale, but it’s not rational.

Young McGovern was never uncoordinated and never got lost in play like Edwards regularly does.

He was fat and lazy, something that can be rectified.

So you're one of the abusive WAFL watches?

Well I'm going to have to disagree there. I have zero issues with his skills base and coordination.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Oscar's going to waste his career playing on this list.

For context the crows played in the GF the year before our 2018 win, rebuilt and are now competing with the top clubs again.

We're looking 5 years away from being anywhere close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back