Game Day Round 10 West Coast vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Rotham, allergic to body on body contact

I find it amusing that you think rationality = what you think likely will happen.

That’s the point. What we have done and typically would be expected to do isn’t the right response.

What I want is what’s best for the club. What you want is to try and show how clever you are by being right based on the club doing nothing but sit on its hands and wait for time to fix this.

You being unable to see that sometimes you need to shake things up because shaking them up is what accelerates the process and gets you to a better place more quickly.

You are spouting the status quo as the rational approach. It’s literally the irrational thing to do. We might do it, because being mediocre and slow to act has become our calling card but I’d prefer rationally that we act now because it will be better for us as a club.

Simmo has already lost the players, he lost most of the ones who aren’t his guys over the last 3 years. They are playing exactly as you’d expect poorly coached, hearts not really in it types to play.

So rationally you shake it up. You don’t wait until years end or 2025 and arrive at the same place.

You are being narrow, inside the box, small minded, negative and mediocre. It’s not rational to do that. Unless you are someone who has never done or been involved in anything of substance. It’s not rational. It might be how it plays out because the club is stale, but it’s not rational.
Nice essay but your only suggestion is sack Simmo & Nisbett. Suggests you're not capable at looking any deeper into the issues plaguing the club, or the circumstances which may prevent them from doing that.

Also, young players have said(Culley for instance) how Simmo is the most positive person at the club, considering the state of things. It's going to be like this for at least a couple more years, so you might as well keep a steady head around, that the players like, to guide them through, then at the end of his contract assess your options, because a new coach ain't doing s**t with how bad the current list is.

FFS, yes let’s sacrifice 2 to 3 more years to save a few million in tax while having a net worth and net asset position tens of millions more than most.

Sometimes you just have to pull the Band-Aid off and ensure those who hamstrung you with dumb contracts pay a price and don’t get the opportunity to do it again.

You think like the stereotype of an accountant - which is unfortunate for you.
Stop copying my posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Threads like this are good for identifying the folk the club loves. Embracing mediocrity with excuses year after year. :)
Excuses? You take 2200 games of experience out of ANY club and you’re gonna struggle

I’m not responsible if you’re too much of a moron to process a simple reality.

Man you love your old man rants

Does not matter who coaches next year, we will be worst next year.

I would rather keep Simpson until end of next year, as any new coach would be lucky to win a game next year

God you love your sense of superiority not based in reality. But you always have. :)

We should just keep doing what we do forever because no change will make things better right?

It's not reasonable to spend millions to exceed the soft cap, as well as paying out the coach, simply to appease people on social media.

You make a decision to contract the coach under the proviso of a change of game plan and rebuilding the entire team, nearly from scratch, you stick to it until the end of the coach's contract, provided certain KPIs are being hit.

If you go a rebuild, then go full Ross Lyon at Freo and change nothing, then seeya later.

So keep rewarding incompetence, no wonder the senior players just cruise through games the last two years knowing full well they will never be held accountable for s**t performances, it's how it has been since won the flag, just put in effort when it suits.

Geelong would like to tell you otherwise.

In fact our entire history up until this point would tell you otherwise.

This is where you get when you allow the underlying issues to fester and not be dealt with.

Geelong got 700 games and even more goals from a 4th rounder and pick 7 that happened to be in the same draft. That tends to help you buck the trend of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back