Review Round 11, 2016: Geelong Cats v Box Hill Hawks, 19 June 2016, 2.10pm @ Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Second Quarter Observations:

•Lazy defending by Box Hill this quarter, letting too many of their opponents get goal side. They have free players everywhere.
•Midfield getting comprehensively beaten now that Pittonet is being nullified. Pittonet still trying through tackles though, the midfield not so much. Langford, Lovell, Whitecross all ineffective.
•Kurt Heatherley the only real defender standing out. Some Gibson-esque spoils. Gave away a downfield that cost a goal from an Oscar winning overreaction by the Geelong player after a small high clip.
•Brand getting beaten by Clark comprehensively now.
•Litherland is playing the worst quarter I've seen. Getting out bodied, getting out positioned and making stupid mistakes. Torching it by foot too.
•Hardwick the most impressive so far though his opportunities have been far and few in between

Injured? Or resting for next week?
Don't know, the way JOR has been the last few weeks wouldn't be surprised if they decided to give him a hard run on the track for a few weeks like Hodge to build his fitness up.
I'd be surprised if Dallas was held out given the fact we play Sunday next week and not expecting him to be structurally significant if he was being called up.

Box Hill is fielding a depleted side and was comprehensively beaten by Geelong in the second quarter. Not really helped by poor accuracy kicking at goal. Can't see much hope for the Hawks in this game sadly. Heatherly and Langford have been OK, Whitecross and Litherland poor. I hope some of the Hawthorn listed players can lift in the second half or this game will get really ugly.

Don't know, the way JOR has been the last few weeks wouldn't be surprised if they decided to give him a hard run on the track for a few weeks like Hodge to build his fitness up.
I'd be surprised if Dallas was held out given the fact we play Sunday next week and not expecting him to be structurally significant if he was being called up.
Cheers, given Willsmore's form has dropped off a bit I'd be surprised if he is being held out for next week. Perhaps he has a niggle? Who knows.

On the game, we spend a lot of time chasing and seem very lazy in sticking to the structure to put on any pressure. Midfield got beaten easily, Pittonet is being blocked a lot in the ruck contests though! I know it's a result of how he approaches the stoppage (likes a run up) but the number of times he's been stiff armed and unable to compete is ridiculous and it's only every now and then that the umpires are paying it. Lithers has been disappointing with his disposals as has Whitecross. Lovell trying hard and Langford has drifted in and out of the game. Will need a huge lift in the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heatherly and Hardwick playing well. Langford doing ok. Might be a bit closer on the scoreboard if Jones had not started spraying his set shots. Geelong getting a lot of uncontested possessions and everything looks like hard work for BH with constant pressure on the ball carrier.

I thought there was a big chance for someone to force their way into the seniors due to playing GC (I suppose the omitting of Willsmore and O'Rourke may be an indicator of these two coming in next week)
Unfortunately noone doing much except for Pittonet who is competing well

No Lachie Langford this game either but I'm guessing he was just dropped as he hasn't been that great (did he play yesterday?)
Yeah kicked 2 or 3 in the dev game

Liking the work of Hardwick so far. Has taken some nice grabs and his determination to affect contests is good.

Not liking our inability to stick easy tackles, and Langford not getting as involved as he should be. A player of his experience and ability should be leading the line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back