Preview Round 11, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I can think of is they have brought lester in to take Jacobs out so Zorko can have a clear run at it.

Hey guys I'm the guy with the glasses who normally starts the chants in tge Lions seating area at the Melbourne games.

My wife is in the early stages of labour so won't be there tomorrow so some others bigfooty posters need to step up and cheer loud in my absence.

How funny would it be if we kicked a goal to win after the siren at the exact same moment my baby arrived.
Whatever happened to the fella you used to sit with who started the chants and had a custom made maroon jumper with Lions Roar or something to that effect on it. He used to be at all games at Docklands but haven’t seen him for ages, although that was when the Lions bay was between the more palatable 12-13 compared to where it is now where I don’t sit.

Whatever happened to the fella you used to sit with who started the chants and had a custom made maroon jumper with Lions Roar or something to that effect on it. He used to be at all games at Docklands but haven’t seen him for ages, although that was when the Lions bay was between the more palatable 12-13 compared to where it is now where I don’t sit.
Oh Mahesh?

I asked Sam Lord who said he thinks he's tied up with family commitments although Sam said he was at the AFLW game last year at Casey Field.

Only thing I can think of is they have brought lester in to take Jacobs out so Zorko can have a clear run at it.
Keays is an shortish mid. Lester is a tallish utility. The player being replaced is a tall. I’m not sure you need to think more deeply than that.

I don’t think our super-tall team will be sustainable in the long term but, given recent performances, it is hard to argue that we should making structural changes right now. Replacing a tall defender with a small inside mid would mean a fairly significant change to our set-up. That wouldn’t be all that smart given we’re playing OK.

If the player out was a midfielder, I think your complaint would be more justified.

Would love to see Zorko have an influence this week. Jacobs clearly the best tagger in the comp, but would be fantastic if the captain can get through it. Will need a lot of help from the other mids. I hope that all the boys give Jacobs a hard time and give Zorko a chop out. Will go a long way towards us winning the game.
When I’ve seen him this year, Jacobs seems to have gone to the opposition best inside mid. I reckon he might go to Beams.

Funny how things change. I remember when the Thursday night team selection melts on here were epic. They seem so mild these days.

Ahh...the good old, bad old days when Vossy would pick Polks yet again and about twenty people would be outraged beyond all rational reason.
Ahh the good old days, when Sam Sheldon would get selected week after week, despite only getting 4, 5 or 6 or disposals per game.

Three schooners before playing on the weekend. I’m no square, but to me that’s 5 standard drinks and unprofessional.
You are right. I think the club should appoint Billy Puller as his minder. Martin won’t get into any trouble on a Friday sitting on the couch at Billy’s pulling cones and binge watching his VHS collection of old Cheech and Chong movies.

John Dyson and Lester!!!!!!

I dips my lid to such a comparison.
Marvellous stuff rocketman but I don't think you could ever make a better comment. I fear you may have peaked!!!!!
I wonder if Lester can play cricket. He would be an off spinner who doesn't turn the ball a mm, a stodgy opening batsman (of course given the Dyson comparison) and a very slow runner between wickets.
i think the bowler you’re looking for is Ray Bright - incredible he played so many tests, didn’t spin 1 ball

Berry running half pace laps at the captains run. Almost fitness test type stuff.
Mayes and keays travelled
I reckon berry might be a late out. He was clearly limping end of last game & had ice on the leg.

Do we usually take 2 x travelling emergencies?

Hey guys I'm the guy with the glasses who normally starts the chants in tge Lions seating area at the Melbourne games.

My wife is in the early stages of labour so won't be there tomorrow so some others bigfooty posters need to step up and cheer loud in my absence.

How funny would it be if we kicked a goal to win after the siren at the exact same moment my baby arrived.

Thought you were dedicated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I am also looking forward to seeing if Lester can turn it around tomorrow. Would love to see him silence his critics, even if that means no more cricket analogies from DERRINALPHIL.

There are a few nice marks in his highlight reel. C'mon...watch it...get into the music...feel the excitement building...'cause this Sunday is gonna be The Ryan Lester Show!!!

Throwing the switch to vaudeville ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back