Autopsy Round 11 2018 Swans vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
A good game by the young Carlton team tonight. Took it up to us for a fair chunk if it.

The game we once knew is dead and buried. Some really soft frees paid and some really obvious ones not.

Csnt keep dishing up this tripe in Sydney, Fans just won't show up in numbers

Not a great night but we are 8 and 3.

Did what we had to do

Fantastic ounce back by Sinclair, that shows his truth worth to the team

Should never have got rid of Mitchell with our declining midfield

Yep should of pensioned Tippett off , but what’s done is done

Positives; Sinclair, like how we looked to use the corridor, something good generally happens when Florent has the ball and we got the 4 points.

Team as selected looked unbalanced and lo and behold....

I really don't understand the thinking behind our fwd set up. One tall in Buddy, who is best roaming.
Too dependant on our mids taking marks inside 50 and kicking goals, which also impacts our midfield setups.
Stoddart, a hb/winger is brought into the team and plays his two games predominantly in the fwd half. Doesn't really give the kid much opportunity to use his run and carry.
Inclusions in Newman & Rohan not enough impact.

Hopefully Longmire gets over his obsession with playing an over-abundance of half-backs/wingers.
Radical idea; pick a fwd line with the aim of kicking a score rather than pressuring the opposition, particularly given we struggled to lock the ball inside our fwd50.

Papley will presumably be back next week and ffs get another tall fwd into the team.
OUT; Newman, Stoddart

Jack and Hannebery need to be gone. I said it after about round 4 but I mean it even more now. We would get a lot more player Robinson and Fox than we would Jack and Hannebery.

I think Hannebery is injured, but Longmire really should not be playing him if he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair awesome.

Heeney good game, could have been greatif he kicked straight.

Florent is really improving. On form is probably only behind parker and heeney

Reg played another great game.

Something needs to be done about jack and hanners

Add Hayward looking good and buddy delivering even on n average night and sums up everything

Forward line didnt function tonight we gave away some really dumb free kicks it was ugly as a spectacle.

Mcveigh continues his season he was terrific, Sinclair as expected from last weeks average game bounced back hard, Franklin was ordinary.

Heeney was terrific, game to forget really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back