Preview Round 11, 2019: Brisbane Lions v Hawthorn, 1 June 2019, 7.25pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitto stays. Lewis comes in. Brisbane have a fair bit of height.

Lewis in for Glass/Morrison

Smith can come in for either Glass or Morrison otherwise.

Brisbane move the ball, at home, just about quicker than any other team. Would be an absolute disaster to play all of Lewis, Pittonet and Celgar.

If Lewis plays I'd be shocked if Pittonet does.

Time for our skipper to have a really big impact this week, play him on Cameron and if he takes his scalp it will have a really big impact on the result. He excites their side and crowd like Eddie does for Adelaide. Freo shut him out in the second half on Sunday and the result turned.

Brisbane move the ball, at home, just about quicker than any other team. Would be an absolute disaster to play all of Lewis, Pittonet and Celgar.
Your spelling is close but no Ceglar.

Not just that but we're yet to string two wins in a row this year. We always seem to be off after a good win so doing it interstate is going to be an even tougher assignment.

I know - but am loving this season for some reason. While the losses have been as bad as losses always are, the wins have shown progress and uncovered spine.

I have hope this week despite the fact that Brisbane have improved from the team that thrashed us last year.

GO HAWKS.

You have killed my one player name related joke for the day.

I am one who Greaves about such small losses too.

:'(
I'm going to sit back light a Ceglar and stare at your Roughead with the Impey grin and the worpel sense of humour. Let's go to Sicily and drink a Glass or two in Birchall reality. I've heard sicilean candles have a Hardwick to light, so better bring some big matches, Howe else would we light them? I'm only travelling there if the plane has a decent Wingard because the last one got covered in ice, flew so high it was in the Strattonsphere. I heard you can't bring shoes, but hey have plenty of Shoenmakers therewho can make you a pair. The last shoenmaker I knew was a girl. She'll be coming over to have dinner, and she'll be bringing her mum, she'll be celebrating her birthday. I used "she'll" three times in that sentence, that's a lot of Shiels. I've got tiny hands so it's hard to mark the ball. It's a Pittonets aren't allowed in the game. If they were I'd use the best Brand but In the Mirra, it's name is backwards. These nets aren't a bad idea, old people could use them as a Walker. They could go Moore Miles if they used one and perhaps visit their Cousins.

I know - but am loving this season for some reason. While the losses have been as bad as losses always are, the wins have shown progress and uncovered spine.

I have hope this week despite the fact that Brisbane have improved from the team that thrashed us last year.

GO HAWKS.
My take too Cyril says. Pity the posters with the patience of two year olds don’t get this

Maybe, bris... Pitto is dominant in the VFL. Hit outs and Marks (never jumps).
Pitto is at best Mumford 2.0. An enforcer.

Agreed and just what the team needs. Really wanting Pitto to retain his spot for this week.

For mine, smith stays out until after bye, pitto is probably dropped given he failed to take a mark last week and scrimshaw given time off if he needs.

In: mitch lewis, kaiden brand. You can't let an 18 mark game go unrewarded. I'll say something similar to what I said when people said to "drop ceglar" after he found a period of marking form against GWS. You cannot have Kaiden Brand playing VFL after a game like that, for fear it hurts his confidence and stalls his development.

For mine, smith stays out until after bye, pitto is probably dropped given he failed to take a mark last week and scrimshaw given time off if he needs.

In: mitch lewis, kaiden brand. You can't let an 18 mark game go unrewarded. I'll say something similar to what I said when people said to "drop ceglar" after he found a period of marking form against GWS. You cannot have Kaiden Brand playing VFL after a game like that, for fear it hurts his confidence and stalls his development.

The only way Brand plays is if Frawley is out injured or O'Brien puts in a couple of poor performances. Backline is going really well.

Now, if he took 18 marks playing forward it would have been a different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the team has banked some credits following the 5-6 week "pre-finals finals" last year, that can be used to secure some crucial victories for our finals chances. Lose this game, 5-6, need to win at least 7(maybe 8) of final 11 games to make finals. Tough ask especially given our draw. Win this game, 6-5, need to win at least 6(maybe 7) from final 11 games to make finals.

6 wins 5 losses would leave us the second half of the season to, again, equate 6 wins and 5 losses to hopefully make the finals with at least 12 wins.

5 wins 6 losses leaves us a pretty hard task, need to go at least 7 and 4 in second half with a draw of Coll(H), Geel(H), GWS(A), Bris x2, WC x2, Freo(H), Essendon(H), Sydney(A), North Melbourne(A)

The only way Brand plays is if Frawley is out injured or O'Brien puts in a couple of poor performances. Backline is going really well.

Now, if he took 18 marks playing forward it would have been a different story.
thats not true, Clarko has played Brand/Frawley together between rounds 17 and 22 last year with good effect, we did not lose a game in that period playing carlton, freo, essendon, geelong, st kilda.

thats not true, Clarko has played Brand/Frawley together between rounds 17 and 22 last year with good effect, we did not lose a game in that period playing carlton, freo, essendon, geelong, st kilda.

Correct! The Difference is now you have both Tob and Scrimshaw in the team, You wont play Frawley, Brand, Tob, Stratts &Scrimshaw as a combo.

Tob has taking his spot unless he can force Frawley out he misses, They wont drop the skipper.

What's not true?

O'Brien has CHB mate. Sicily, Stratton and Scrimshaw are all capable of playing on any third tall.

If Lewis plays I'd be shocked if Pittonet does.

Time for our skipper to have a really big impact this week, play him on Cameron and if he takes his scalp it will have a really big impact on the result. He excites their side and crowd like Eddie does for Adelaide. Freo shut him out in the second half on Sunday and the result turned.

I think that we can make the mistake of going in too tall. Still think we take Pittonet & Ceglar to combat their twin ruck. Pitts does most of the work, whilst Ceglar works the ground. Lewis could come in, too, but it makes the side look tall and less agile. Just can't see Ceglar doing the job on his own or with Lewis / TOB support. Hard to break up a winning combination too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back