Outs: Morrison, Scrimshaw

B: Stratton Frawley Hardwick
HB: Burgoyne O'Brien Sicily
C: Henderson Cousins Scully
HF: Bruest Gunston Impey
F: Wingard Lewis Puopolo
Fol: Ceglar O'Meara Worpel
Int: Pittonet Jiath Sheils Glass

Not sure that not taking a pick in the mid season draft means CJ will be picked this week.

Would rather Ross get picked and Burgoyne go back, if we are going to give a debutant a game.

Not sure that not taking a pick in the mid season draft means CJ will be picked this week.

Would rather Ross get picked and Burgoyne go back, if we are going to give a debutant a game.

Realistically speaking it's more likely we bring in Moore and send Impey back. But I've been impressed with the development of Jiath, and with Scrimshaw injured think it would be a reasonable time to give him some senior exposure. Would also not mind Ross getting a game but I think his role would be too similar to Gunston.

Lewis for Scrimshaw probably the only change.
Smith for Morrison ahead of Glass if passed fit. Reckon they will be conservative and play him after the bye. I think we desperately need Smith to beat a slick Lions outfit at home.
Pittonet deserves another crack. Just needs to clunk a few if he wants to make it at AFL level. His ruck work and heavy lifting around the stoppages was good.

CJ nowhere near ready or deserving of an AFL debut. At least 12 months off. Same with Ross. Nds another pre-season. Let him kick 50 VFL goals.
This is such a pivotal game. Lose and we have little chance of finishing above BL, which makes a top 8 finish unlikely. Win and we can really hit the second half of the season with confidence.

Lewis for Scrimshaw probably the only change.
Smith for Morrison ahead of Glass if passed fit. Reckon they will be conservative and play him after the bye. I think we desperately need Smith to beat a slick Lions outfit at home.
Pittonet deserves another crack. Just needs to clunk a few if he wants to make it at AFL level. His ruck work and heavy lifting around the stoppages was good.

I'd be staggered if we play all of Ceglar, Lewis and Pittonet mate. As you rightfully point out, Brisbane are a really slick, quick ball-movement side. More so at home. It would be a disaster to play all three imo. I think Pittonet played last week as without Lewis, Ceglar need to present as a forward option.

I'd be staggered if we play all of Ceglar, Lewis and Pittonet mate. As you rightfully point out, Brisbane are a really slick, quick ball-movement side. More so at home. It would be a disaster to play all three imo. I think Pittonet played last week as without Lewis, Ceglar need to present as a forward option.
Interesting one. We played last week without a big bodied key forward though. Lewis has to play. Not sure who else we could bring in for Scrimshaw if Smith gets ruled out? Maybe Moore who seems to play every 2nd week! Miles seems to be on the outer. Not sure if the other options are physically ready yet. Agree, the preference would be to make the side quicker.

Out: Scrimshaw
In: Lewis

I think our team last week was already quite inexperienced. I doubt we'll bring in a rookie player like CJ or Moore. Scrimshaw is injured, and Lewis is ready to come in. Two weeks ago we played with Lewis + 2 rucks, I'd like to see us do it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Scrimshaw
In: Lewis

I think our team last week was already quite inexperienced. I doubt we'll bring in a rookie player like CJ or Moore. Scrimshaw is injured, and Lewis is ready to come in. Two weeks ago we played with Lewis + 2 rucks, I'd like to see us do it again.

We did, but both Ceglar and McEvoy are capable/dangerous of taking a clunk forward and kicking a goal. Pittonet is completely ineffectual playing forward.

We did, but both Ceglar and McEvoy are capable/dangerous of taking a clunk forward and kicking a goal. Pittonet is completely ineffectual playing forward.
Yes I suppose you make a good point. Perhaps we'll see Miles or Mirra in for Scrimshaw then.

Yes I suppose you make a good point. Perhaps we'll see Miles or Mirra in for Scrimshaw then.

Hopefully Smith dude, fingers crossed.

If not, it will be interesting. I think both Miles and Mirra have their papers stamped, Miles especially. Moore would be most likely as he was unlucky to miss. I'd love to see Ross, I'm not worried about his size as plenty of skinny kids/blokes have played AFL. That said, I just think Clarko won't take the risk in such a big game.

Hardwick Frawley Stratton
Sicily O'Brien Impey (Burgoyne)

We have a back seven that can cover Scrimshaw without bringing in another half-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back