Preview Round 11, 2019: Brisbane Lions v Hawthorn, 1 June 2019, 7.25pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitto gives physicality at ground level and lays tackles on oppo mids. Not many rucks do that. A fortnight ago people were bemoaning that Soldo towelled us up in the hit outs. We cant have it all. He deserved another game after last week. I'm actually keen to see how he goes vs Martin. Who I reckon is overrated. Cegs is in good form and finding the footy. We can win this part of the game. Hoping it gives us a stoppage advantage, which they've beaten us in the last 2 games we've played.

Pretty sure Brisbane is one of the top teams from stoppages so if we can even things out in that dept it will go a long way to winning the game

Top shelf updates from Brishawk ! Thanks boss!

Just quietly, I was pretty ace at the standing around having a chat training drill during my own playing days in the mugs leagues.

And that’s enough for me. Hope you all enjoyed the updates. Really was the lightest of sessions just to get familiar with the Gabba. Spirts were good. I’m sure we will give it a good show tomorrow night. Go hawks!

Curiously asking Brishawk how was the ground surface while you were there? By memory the GABBA gets pretty dewy for night games so hopefully the boys have the long studs packed. Last thing I want to see is anyone going to ground during the game which is what these walkthroughs are great for IF the boys were paying attention. Guys like Sammy Mitchell would be straight onto theses things.

Curiously asking Brishawk how was the ground surface while you were there? By memory the GABBA gets pretty dewy for night games so hopefully the boys have the long studs packed. Last thing I want to see is anyone going to ground during the game which is what these walkthroughs are great for IF the boys were paying attention. Guys like Sammy Mitchell would be straight onto theses things.
It wasn’t dewy. Gabba is a great surface. Certainly not as dewy as it gets at Metricon.

....It’s 21C and sunny here: there’s a yellow ball like object in the sky that we don’t see down in Victoria. It warms and brightens the place.
Queenslanders don't often have good ideas. Do you think you could bring it back with you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weather watch: a beautiful day today but inside the stadium it’s actually cold enough to wear a jumper. Can someone please check to see if grumbleguts is ok?

Brisbane jumper weather huh. What was it, 19°?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back