Preview Round 11, 2019: Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans @ GMHBA Stadium, Saturday, June 1, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this board give McVeigh a pass for nothing but 25m sideways kicks, yet crucify Lloyd for doing the exact same thing? Why is it “steadying leadership” when McVeigh does it, but “sideways defensive ****” when Lloyd does it?

BS IMO

Just to annoy you

Looking forward to seeing Menzel!

I personally hope Thurlow is the travelling emergency. Aside from the fact he's probably a little stiff to be dropped, and I know there'd be a bit of #romance about Knoll playing, but I would rather see him playing NEAFL to get some experience off the bat, along with Rowbottom (who is leading the MVP in the reserves) and Ronke (who needs to keep getting form.)

Knoll can get experience playing AFL. He’s coming from the SANFL which is far greater than the NEAFL bush league!

Knoll can get experience playing AFL. He’s coming from the SANFL which is far greater than the NEAFL bush league!

Yeah but I'm talking about the fact that he then sits in the stands playing no footy at all if there are no changes. IMO the travelling emergency should be either the last one out of the senior team, or the most experienced emergency who doesn't need the reserves that badly. Thurlow ticks both boxes.

I'd rather Knoll and Cameron play in the same reserves team on the weekend. A good old-fashioned test of who can impress the most.

Yeah but I'm talking about the fact that he then sits in the stands playing no footy at all if there are no changes. IMO the travelling emergency should be either the last one out of the senior team, or the most experienced emergency who doesn't need the reserves that badly. Thurlow ticks both boxes.

I'd rather Knoll and Cameron play in the same reserves team on the weekend. A good old-fashioned test of who can impress the most.

If he’s the traveling emergency, he’s not the emergency...he’ll be playing. You don’t recruit a guy to ‘sit’ the guy!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he’s the traveling emergency, he’s not the emergency...he’ll be playing. You don’t recruit a guy to ‘sit’ the guy!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well if that's the case then fine, I'm not against him playing. As long as he's playing in some form this weekend I'm happy with that

But he is top 50 in that position you said

As a rebounding half back. Since we've had that discussion you seem to be hanging onto, he has basically been forced to become Nick Smith.

Horse started him off on the wing where he looked incredibly promising, then moved him back to the half back flank where he looked very good, now he's on the last line. Move him back any further and he'll be with Kenny in the stalls. Ridiculous coaching but we won't go into that.

I actually think we're a chance here with McVeigh back in... tell me I'm dreaming!

Fox had to stay in the team so he could take another hanger against the Cats. Purely for morale.

COR deserves his spot. Been really good and I like Fox's game. Feel bad for Thurlow though.

Thurlow our for McVeigh in is a +
Anyone thinking the medical staff give a free pass is deluded

Menzel in means Blakey spends more time on the wing/ link man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back