Autopsy Round 11, 2019: loss v cats

Dawson is becoming a very good senior player

We are far to top heavy in the front half imo , ball walks out of there.

Heeney still a highlight reel with no consistency.

Florent look good on the inside

Hewett is the best clearance player in the 22.

Reid’s in decent form

Our transition from the kicks outs and defence is shocking.

Need wingers and hbf with speed and a boot

i suspect the narrative will be a bunch of kids pushed the top side at home and how great

i think and im sure i am alone, but we were too negative and pissed away a win

our game style was to protect the margin

when we take it on we had them, we so rarely do, theres no risk , no imagination, no dare

two taggers like its 2005

numbers back with 7 mins to go and trailing by 3 goals

spare in defence all day

this is 100 percent on horse

The talent is there,shouldnt be fourth last

its a joke he gets a pass from so many,. we had 10 under 50 games, cats had 9 they attack more often we dont

im happy with where the players could be going, but we wont go far with the current style imo

so horse supporters might get that extension but we will tread water for 3-4 years

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
To conservative. Certainly an encouraging performance in some respects. The lack of confidence or want to take the game on down the guts with even players ahead of the ball is why we don’t get blown away but also can’t kick a winning score.
Lloyd once again plenty of footy bit alwus looking to go sideways or back, pointless stat padding.

Ill take that loss from this team any day

They never gave up and always looked a chance.

Even the young guys in this team beleive they should be there and can win these games

Its good to watch these last 4 weeka the team looking like an actual team

why be happy to lose a game that could easily be won, im sorry that's just stupid

we didn't take it on

Sinclair is where the problems start. He gets all the plaudits for his big heart and how much he tries but he was up against a second string and it's the same result. Naismith gets the comments about him being useless around the ground. Sinclair does nothing around the ground and is just not up to it in the ruck.

Was manful last year seemingly fallen off a cliff this year.

The only thing he has in his advantage is being the only option and uninjured. We are going nowhere with him in the ruck and unless he takes Buddy's spot due to retirement he is not required up forward anymore as those options are developing. In other words I don't see a role for him if we ever get a ruck into the side. Should be the focus for the next trade period to replace Sinclair.

Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Hewett and dawson great
Rampe pretty admirable
Blakey showed his class in small instances

One thing i did like was the clever taps we did at time rather than taking possession and getting tackled

Way too defensively structured, even though we were a couple goals down. Nothing new there though...

Was Rohan a late out?

Dawson is such a good player, should have about 20 more games under his belt than he has, Match Committee stuffed up badly 18 months ago picking Foote instead of Dawson when he was on fire in the NEAFL. We're seeing now what he can do.

COR despite the occasional blunder really looks at home at the level, got pace, skills, daring and looks calm.

Hewett, WTF was he being used as a tagger for? Genuinely a very good midfielder. Leave tagging to lesser types like Clarke if you must tag.

Kick straight and win? The new look team developing nicely, happy to have a bottom six year and reap the rewards of soft draw and high draft pick

people happy to lose lol

This so much

We are a proven side that that path isn't the way to build. Madness as supporters to accept mediocrity. Accept we might not be up to it yet but don't cheer for honorable losses. This one wasn't even that.

This so much

We are a proven side that that path isn't the way to build. Madness as supporters to accept mediocrity. Accept we might not be up to it yet but don't cheer for honorable losses. This one wasn't even that.

Yeah I mean look at Geelong they stay competitve

We have for years why are so happy for that to be over

I will always support the side

But * me losing is never acceptable

Back