Remove this Banner Ad

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
A few thoughts on players:

Hewett, Rampe, Parker our best again. May well be our top 3 in the Skilton right now.

Glad to see Hayward bounce back with a more energetic and influential game after a quiet few weeks.

Aliir is becoming a better defender every week now. His improvement has been great this year.

Clarke was better with ball in hand last week but this week he was shocking. Just not reliable and I"ll be interested to see how long he stays in the side for if this what he reverts to every other week - that kind of disposal is a serious liability in the side

Dawson is legitimately a really good senior player already. He has an influence on the game every week and he hasn't played 15 AFL games yet.

Blakey could be anything. His pace and skill are really stand-out already for a guy his size and once he packs on the muscle and has had a few preseasons to build his aerobic capacity, he's gonna be a serious player.

Menzel didn't look ready for senior footy;

Franklin looks unfit and perhaps a little heavier than he'd normally be.

We need more from Heeney and Mills. When they touch the ball often it is positive and they both had strong stretches tonight but overall we need them to start taking the next step. Be it forward, back or in the middle.

Melican was way out of his depth against Hawkins and had a bad night. Gotta say, he's lucky there isn't a KPD in the reserves pushing him for his spot right now because he's not had the most consistent year at all. McCartin into defence I guess is always an option.

Good game from O'Riordan - best of the year for him. Good run and overlap and his athleticism is really handy. With ball in hand and as a third man up.

Sorry but Menzel was more than ready to play and Mills actually killed it today. O’Riordan gifted them a goal in the 3rd with a very poor handball and gave away another dumb free (he’ll get better) and Melican was extremely solid (even had cats supporters saying how good he was going) even if Hawkins got 4 soft goals. Far from a bad night...far from it!

Sorry but Menzel was more than ready to play and Mills actually killed it today. O’Riordan gifted them a goal in the 3rd with a very poor handball and gave away another dumb free (he’ll get better) and Melican was extremely solid (even had cats supporters saying how good he was going) even if Hawkins got 4 soft goals. Far from a bad night...far from it!

mills first quarter was awful
then he played spare ended with 15 touches, 12 uncontested, 4 clangers, hardly killed it

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
mills first quarter was awful
then he played spare ended with 15 touches, 12 uncontested, 4 clangers, hardly killed it
Chopped off everything...killed it! The collective sighs from the cats supporters proved that.
, but I’m sure you got that from watching the TV?

Chopped off everything...killed it! The collective sighs from the cats supporters proved that.
, but I’m sure you got that from watching the TV?

so they sighed what 8 times?

you heard on the piss in the dining room,

checked footy wire, they aren't collecting opposition crowd sighs per players, amateur hour

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
so they sighed what 8 times?

you heard on the piss in the dining room,

checked footy wire, they aren't collecting opposition crowd sighs per players, amateur hour
Just like the statisticians get it right? I love how you see all the game from your lounge room, must be a great vantage point?

Dubsforsam1

Team Captain
Apr 5, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
A lot of the negativity here is people obviously with a bias against Longmire......We went away to the best team in the competition (who've only lost 1 game at home in the last 3.5 years to a team other than us) and had more scoring shots and only 4 I50's less and people are whinging that we were too negative.

We avg 20 games less per player, conceded an extra 7 free kicks and lost the clearances by 11 and still had more shots. We switch the scoring to scoring 15.8 instead of 8.15 and it's a massive win playing the same gamestyle and plan. Bearing in mind we conceded 11 goals straight from stoppages.

Just like the statisticians get it right? I love how you see all the game from your lounge room, must be a great vantage point?

thats fine, but just make sure you dont comment when you arent in the crowd mate if that's the rule

A lot of the negativity here is people obviously with a bias against Longmire......We went away to the best team in the competition (who've only lost 1 game at home in the last 3.5 years to a team other than us) and had more scoring shots and only 4 I50's less and people are whinging that we were too negative.

We avg 20 games less per player, conceded an extra 7 free kicks and lost the clearances by 11 and still had more shots. We switch the scoring to scoring 15.8 instead of 8.15 and it's a massive win playing the same gamestyle and plan. Bearing in mind we conceded 11 goals straight from stoppages.

If we switch accuracy in our 3 wins we lose them all and then today could be our first win with the same gameplan

Might need to heed that yourself?

in all seriousness mills improved after quarter time

i just think kilking it is way over the top, like he wasnt in the bests or even close to votes for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
in all seriousness mills improved after quarter time

i just think kilking it is way over the top, like he wasnt in the bests or even close to votes for me
Really? I have him close to, if not our best. Competition from Hewett (he was probably best), Rampe, Parker, Lloyd snd Aliir. Horrible indicator in this is the number of backmen.

Really? I have him close to, if not our best. Competition from Hewett (he was probably best), Rampe, Parker, Lloyd snd Aliir. Horrible indicator in this is the number of backmen.

oh well afl site has heeney one of our bests which shocked me

each to thier own

mills was copping it on tv

You've finally convinced me.
We are a **** club & are a laughing stock.

If we won when we lost and lost when we won we would have a <40% winning record during Horse's time as head coach.
That stat straight from the Research Room. ;)

Just way too defensive tonight in a game where really we had nothing to lose, missing our skipper, playing top of the ladder team on their home deck. Why try winning by playing it safe?

- Reid swung back half way through a quarter where we were well on top at that point. Some inevitable resistance from a quality opposition and the solution is to drop the only forward who looked capable of clunking a mark in the defensive 50.

- Having an extra man down back in the dying stages when we needed to try and attack at all costs with time our enemy. What was the point in having our most attacking and creative defender as the loose man on the last line of defence if he had no real options to clear it out to?

- If I’m not mistaken we had THREE players in the midfield rotation playing some form of negating roles. Clarke on Duncan didn’t appear to work. Despite Hewett being our best midfielder it somehow became his responsibility to shut Kelly and/or Dangerfield down. Then there was Fox, who I’m not sure if he had a run-with role, but he has done every other week, and it would explain his low numbers. Hewett had 29 touches, over a third of which came in the first half of the first quarter. Clarke & Fox only had 18 between them. And we wonder why our midfield gets trounced?

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies

Maybe so with Menzel, he was certainly given some pretty poor service throughout the night.

Yeh I thought Mills was good overall, it was a more general comment that I'd love to see the two of them having greater influence on games more consistently.

O'RIordan makes mistakes but I just love his vigour and run. I thought he was really solid for that reason,

And we'll just have to agree to disagree on Melican, I thought he had a really poor game defensively and with ball in hand.

oh well afl site has heeney one of our bests which shocked me

each to thier own

mills was copping it on tv
As if those muppets talk any sense, they just babble on about anything to fill the vacuum. I don't have the sound up high enough to hear what they actually say, that some of those guys played the game stuns me!

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
As if those muppets talk any sense, they just babble on about anything to fill the vacuum. I don't have the sound up high enough to hear what they actually say, that some of those guys played the game stuns me!

The thing which has annoyed me most about a Swans player lately is that commentators seem to have been convinced that because Rampe had those two moments against the Pies and Bombers, he's had a bad month. None of them seem to appreciate just how good he's been this year. He's been every bit as good as, say, Tom Stewart imo and should be considered as much a chance of being AA.

Commentators can absolutely be a herd of sheep. Most often they are in fact.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back