Preview Round 11 2019 - North Melbourne Vs Richmond, Friday 31/5, Docklands Stadium 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Mick was a real character. A very good palm ruckman also. Barry Cable roved to both Mick and the great Polly Farmer and claimed there was little separating their palm work.

It's fitting the Tiges are returning first, as they were the last side North played at Arden Street in 1985.
Ok what don't you know about Norff?!? :)

No idea.

I figured LDU might have got spelled for Hall, but they stuck with the same 22.

If any of you folks are in the mood for the nostalgic on saturday then the footy returns to Arden Street for the first time in 34 years when North takes on Richmond in the VFL.
I'm only coming if you can guarateee an out of control elephant running around the ground and into the fence ect.

I'm only coming if you can guarateee an out of control elephant running around the ground and into the fence ect.

:D

The Hot Dog stall catching on fire!

Notice how the crowd in those days was like "yeah, just put it out and get on with the footy"?

These days they would evacuate the city and everyone would require 12 months of "counselling".

This is gonna be a real “struggle” game I reckon. North over the last 10 years have always been difficult for us. Even last year was a battle -10 point win. With Chamberlain and Margetts umpiring as well, and playing at Craplands, I sense a real sheet fight of a game tonight.

Wtf are you campaigners on about? Rioli hasn't been dropped "to teach him a lesson, to give him a wake up call". People have such bizarre opinions sometimes lol
Firstly, do you think Rioli isn't trying? He's not Jake Stringer FFS Clearly he is trying but he's out of form.
Whether he's been playing bruised and battered (which I believe he has) or 100% fit is completely irrelevant. If you're not playing well for whatever reason, you get dropped to hopefully find form in a slower easier level of football. It's not a death sentence. It's not Dimma saying, "I don't like you anymore".
I don't understand why people get so vitriolic about these things.

While am happy for Rioli to be dropped and Butler to be rewarded for good vfl form
i feel he will stink it up tonight and head straight back to vfl. hope he turns it around

Why is everyone hating Butler? I mean we were all bagging Castangna a couple of weeks ago but now that he has kicked a couple of goals hes ok? Give Butler a chance I know he has had bad games this year but let's not forget the goal that got us into the grand final 😉😉😉.
He suffers from the same thing as Jack Graham. I remember Campbell Brown saying it about a month after our flag imploring people to remember that Graham,Broad, Butler were indeed first year players! He was dead right when he said they’d be unrealistically held to a different standard to their counterparts.
Butler and Graham have both tracked exactly the way most players of their age and experience do whilst far exceeding their draft order expectation in the meantime.
What is actually garbage though is the narrative around them that has been created by nothing more than wild imagination. You’ll read in here at times that Butler has “past his best” think about how ridiculous that is. Or he’s limited, he’s not skillfull blah blah. It’s all rubbish he’s actually a very talented,skillful player with a lot of promise. He’s just had to go back and do his time, now he gets another shot.

Big Mick was a real character. A very good palm ruckman also. Barry Cable roved to both Mick and the great Polly Farmer and claimed there was little separating their palm work.

It's fitting the Tiges are returning first, as they were the last side North played at Arden Street in 1985.
Great bloke. Work with his sons who were also very, very good footballers and good blokes apart from being north fans!

Good work Socrates2

no love for Cotch though?! :eek:

I'd love to know the % of wins for a teams first game with a caretaker coach.

Based on pure formline we should win, but football doesn't always work that way.

North matchup well on us typically for whatever reason so I'm really unsure what to expect.
Here's the stats for caretaker coaches;

Caretaker coaches this century.

2017 Dean Solomon (Gold Coast) 0-3
2015 Scott Camporeale (Adelaide) 7-4*
2015 Matthew Egan (Essendon) 1-2
2015 John Barker (Carlton) 3-11
2013 Neil Craig (Melbourne) 1-10
2013 Mark Harvey (Brisbane Lions) 2-1
2013 Simon Goodwin (Essendon) 0-1
2012 Garry Hocking (Port Adelaide) 0-1-3
2011 Todd Viney (Melbourne) 1-4
2011 Mark Bickley (Adelaide) 3-3
2011 Paul Williams (Western Bulldogs) 2-1-3
2010 Matt Primus (Port Adelaide) 5-2
2009 Darren Crocker (North Melbourne) 3-1-6
2009 Jade Rawlings (Richmond) 3-1-7
2007 Brett Ratten (Carlton) 0-6
2007 Mark Riley (Melbourne) 3-6
2007 Mark Harvey (Fremantle) 4-3
2004 Donald McDonald (Hawthorn) 2-3
2002 Paul Roos (Sydney Swans) 6-4
2001 Grant Thomas (St Kilda) 1-6
2001 Ben Allan (Fremantle) 2-11

* won a final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the stats for caretaker coaches;

Caretaker coaches this century.

2017 Dean Solomon (Gold Coast) 0-3
2015 Scott Camporeale (Adelaide) 7-4*
2015 Matthew Egan (Essendon) 1-2
2015 John Barker (Carlton) 3-11
2013 Neil Craig (Melbourne) 1-10
2013 Mark Harvey (Brisbane Lions) 2-1
2013 Simon Goodwin (Essendon) 0-1
2012 Garry Hocking (Port Adelaide) 0-1-3
2011 Todd Viney (Melbourne) 1-4
2011 Mark Bickley (Adelaide) 3-3
2011 Paul Williams (Western Bulldogs) 2-1-3
2010 Matt Primus (Port Adelaide) 5-2
2009 Darren Crocker (North Melbourne) 3-1-6
2009 Jade Rawlings (Richmond) 3-1-7
2007 Brett Ratten (Carlton) 0-6
2007 Mark Riley (Melbourne) 3-6
2007 Mark Harvey (Fremantle) 4-3
2004 Donald McDonald (Hawthorn) 2-3
2002 Paul Roos (Sydney Swans) 6-4
2001 Grant Thomas (St Kilda) 1-6
2001 Ben Allan (Fremantle) 2-11

* won a final

you're on fire!

interesting data, it suggests they will lose more than they win which is good for us.

Wtf are you campaigners on about? Rioli hasn't been dropped "to teach him a lesson, to give him a wake up call". People have such bizarre opinions sometimes lol
Firstly, do you think Rioli isn't trying? He's not Jake Stringer FFS Clearly he is trying but he's out of form.
Whether he's been playing bruised and battered (which I believe he has) or 100% fit is completely irrelevant. If you're not playing well for whatever reason, you get dropped to hopefully find form in a slower easier level of football. It's not a death sentence. It's not Dimma saying, "I don't like you anymore".
I don't understand why people get so vitriolic about these things.

It's a dinosaur mindset. Lucky half the folks on this board aren't running the joint.

No idea.

I figured LDU might have got spelled for Hall, but they stuck with the same 22.

If any of you folks are in the mood for the nostalgic on saturday then the footy returns to Arden Street for the first time in 34 years when North takes on Richmond in the VFL.
I will be there , To have a look at this superior list you keep telling us about

Shaw will barely make a difference to this North side tonight. He’s rolled out the exact same best 22 as last week and will tell them set up and play their usual style with maybe some minor adjustments. I feel it’s in the following weeks where he will really start to implement his own ideas. Throwing a game plan out the window and completely overhauling their side in one week would be asking for it.

Shaw will barely make a difference to this North side tonight. He’s rolled out the exact same best 22 as last week and will tell them set up and play their usual style with maybe some minor adjustments. I feel it’s in the following weeks where he will really start to implement his own ideas. Throwing a game plan out the window and completely overhauling their side in one week would be asking for it.
Yes agreed , North played their Grand Final last week now they're just playing for spots on the list.

Im going to both games to see all this talent thats on the north list , Snak keeps telling us they have a superior list to Richmond

I think how you play and have been coached/managed is a greater factor in your far superior form in recent years than the respective strength of the lists.

I'm not saying Norths is stronger, but i do think it is underestimated due to Scott not getting enough out of it and senior players being far too inconsistent.

Hopefully it's a good quality game.

Massive game this,Ihope we all can roar the Tigers home and get to the domed fridge tonight.

If we win,we have a free hit against the Cats.

Ablett rested by the AFL for the Richmond game,should have got 2 if Soldo got 1 for tapping a player.

I just want the win tonight.

Carna Tigers!

Cotch back will be exciting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back