Preview Round 11, 2019: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide - Jiangwan Stadium, Sunday 2nd June, 12:20PM AWST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Power

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've hardly ever played Port at home in the last 10 years, giving up a rare home ground advantage to play at some shitty makeshift stadium in Shanghai where Port have played more often than us is just stupid, that's before we've lost two of our best players in Acres and Billings to dodgy dumplings.

We have ex-AFL guys like Finnis and Lethlean in charge and we got AFL funding for the Moorabbin development so we really aren't in a position to say no.

We just have to suck it up and deal with it but it's something more financially viable clubs like Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon don't have to deal with.

If Geary is the great captain we all think he is, he will rally the troops to get a great win for us tomorrow against the odds.

God knows we can't rely on Richo to rally us.

That's right we need to make money so we aren't in a position to pick and choose, and this is a huge financial boost to the club. So I don't know why anyone would complain. The fact that a few of the boys are unwell (even though the club said they will be fine and play on Sunday) shouldn't change our thinking at all. Port have played there twice so the only advantage they have is the travel. There's no "home ground" advantage. They play there once a year.

Giving up a home game in Melbourne for a game in Shanghai nets us hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Until we are a financially viable club then yes you're right we "have to suck it up", or to put it differently we need to make money as lucratively as we can.

Geary's reputation as captain will have no bearing on if we win or lose this game. Same goes for the Richo comments. A bit too emotional I think, given like I said before, the players who fell ill are still expected to play.

I’m currently in Ireland - the home of Murphy’s Law.
Saints should ditch Fortius Quo Fidelius and adopt this maxim...
If anything can go wrong, it will! :fourleaf: :oops:

And if we played the game in Melbourne people would be complaining about why we didn't do more financially to help with our debt. Can't win.

Now you're getting it Georgie boy. Win a premiership and we'll all love everything the club does. I have seen Bulldogs and Richmond mates who went from nihilistic haters that wanted the club to fold to eye lid fluttering sycophants that blush at every success. I'm determined to stay a campaigner no matter how good we get. I'm authentic.

Now you're getting it Georgie boy. Win a premiership and we'll all love everything the club does. I have seen Bulldogs and Richmond mates who went from nihilistic haters that wanted the club to fold to eye lid fluttering sycophants that blush at every success. I'm determined to stay a campaigner no matter how good we get. I'm authentic.
No I think people like to complain for the sake of complaining.

Settle down blokes. We haven’t lost yet.

Geez it’s all doom and gloom in here the day before a game isn’t it?

I still have faith and reckon we’ll win this one.

Especially if we wipe our arses on Port's napkins.

That's right we need to make money so we aren't in a position to pick and choose, and this is a huge financial boost to the club. So I don't know why anyone would complain. The fact that a few of the boys are unwell (even though the club said they will be fine and play on Sunday) shouldn't change our thinking at all. Port have played there twice so the only advantage they have is the travel. There's no "home ground" advantage. They play there once a year.

Giving up a home game in Melbourne for a game in Shanghai nets us hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Until we are a financially viable club then yes you're right we "have to suck it up", or to put it differently we need to make money as lucratively as we can.

Geary's reputation as captain will have no bearing on if we win or lose this game. Same goes for the Richo comments. A bit too emotional I think, given like I said before, the players who fell ill are still expected to play.
We should open a string of pokie bars in Hong Kong. We’d be an instant hit with the locals and with out rewards cards, every 100,000 points = a membership. First club to 1million members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should open a string of pokie bars in Hong Kong. We’d be an instant hit with the locals and with out rewards cards, every 100,000 points = a membership. First club to 1million members.
I take it you're already half cut at Imperial then?

Even if the players recover enough to play, playing in heat and humidity after a virus/gastro or whatever, is less than ideal. Not feeling hopeful. Might need the mercy rule.
Yep it’s the conditions that make it worse. If it’s only those guys then they can be covered. If everyone feels a little off then we have a problem. Makes you feel extremely weak.

Typhoid Blacres?
All part of some evil plot

1zzo0wg.jpg

The 47-year-old Ratten said his focus for now was the Saints, but when asked about possibly applying for another senior role, he told SEN on Saturday: ‘‘I will have a serious look at it.

Related Article

North Melbourne
History is not on a caretaker coach's side
“I’m really enjoying St Kilda and we have a job to do and I’ll focus on that.
“I enjoy coaching; I love working with players and trying to develop people.
“To get thrown into a senior role at a young age, maybe it was a bit too quick, and then to learn from Clarko and now the experience at St Kilda will round me off as a coach.”
Ratten initially replaced Denis Pagan as Carlton coach on an interim basis in 2007 before being appointed permanently to the position. He was sacked in 2012.

He worked alongside Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson from 2012 to 2018, which included the Hawks’ triple premiership years.

Port Adelaide assistant coach Michael Voss, pictured with coach Ken Hinkley, could be eyeing a return to senior coaching.Credit:AAP
Voss said for now, nothing has changed in terms of his coaching future.
"The position hasn't changed. When I first came back into this four or five years ago, it was with the aspiration of being a senior coach again," he said.
They better sack Cho quick to save Ratten from leaving

The 47-year-old Ratten said his focus for now was the Saints, but when asked about possibly applying for another senior role, he told SEN on Saturday: ‘‘I will have a serious look at it.

Related Article

North Melbourne
History is not on a caretaker coach's side
“I’m really enjoying St Kilda and we have a job to do and I’ll focus on that.
“I enjoy coaching; I love working with players and trying to develop people.
“To get thrown into a senior role at a young age, maybe it was a bit too quick, and then to learn from Clarko and now the experience at St Kilda will round me off as a coach.”
Ratten initially replaced Denis Pagan as Carlton coach on an interim basis in 2007 before being appointed permanently to the position. He was sacked in 2012.

He worked alongside Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson from 2012 to 2018, which included the Hawks’ triple premiership years.

Port Adelaide assistant coach Michael Voss, pictured with coach Ken Hinkley, could be eyeing a return to senior coaching.Credit:AAP
Voss said for now, nothing has changed in terms of his coaching future.
"The position hasn't changed. When I first came back into this four or five years ago, it was with the aspiration of being a senior coach again," he said.
They better sack Cho quick to save Ratten from leaving
Don’t get sucked into most on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back