It’s relatively straight forward.Thanks for this.
Question for you, would you recommend going next year for others, like me, that are contemplating it? I was really close to pulling the trigger but had a late family commitment that stopped me (obviously I'm glad I didn't now...).
Any tips I should know about? Is it just a matter of booking a ticket to Shanghai and rocking up and getting a ticket at the ground or are there things I should know about in advance?
Would really appreciate a rundown if you have time as it will influence whether or not I go next year (and I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me that would like to know as well).
1. buy match ticket - from the Shanghai AFL official site AUD $20 for tickets in the grand stand.. You can pick it up on the day at the ground.. my seat is in row B, right behind marque section and next to the boundary line.. great view
2. buy plane ticket to Shanghai.. China Eastern should have direct flight from Melbourne to Shanghai
3. book hotel.. I stayed at Shanghai Equatorial Hotel, a 4 star hotel right in the middle of Shanghai best location Jing An district, with good amenities at AUD $150 a night.. you can book on booking.com website
4. Getting to the ground.. from Equatorial hotel it takes around 35 minutes by metro.. or 25 min by taxi.. even though metro is pretty easy to navigate, probably take taxi if it’s the first time in SH..
5. Book tour or travel to other parts of China.. you can easily take the high speed rail and head over to other parts of China..
6. Food. the Jing An district (Equatorial hotel is there) has lots of expats so it caters for western tastes, has good selection of restaurants and bars..
7. Shopping. I bumped into Jack Sinclair and Dean Kent in the Kerry Shopping Centre (also in Jing An district).. but this is a modern shopping centre, you can go to the flee markets to get bargains on fake designers if that’s your thing.
Let me know if you have any questions..
Unfortunately the stadium is half empty, so not much of an atmosphere and I don’t see it improving much.. local ticket scalpers bought a lot of the tickets and resell them outside the ground/online..
322.9 KB Views: 13