Autopsy Round 11, 2019: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, if the Richo trigger for 2020 is finals thing is real, it's bye bye cho. We'll win a few in the back end, but ~10 wins is about par from here.

If Kent and Sincs are in the team as HF/mid rotations with an emphasis on forward then they need to kick all those chances.

I will give Sav and Billings a pass as they were probably both still a bit under the weather and each have had really good seasons thus far.

The goal kicking thing has become absolutely ridiculous.

Unorganized on and off the field. Somethings you can't control like the illness, but regardless the effort from the boys today was pathetic, I'd play JLT's or something like that in China than a seasonal game.

Marshall take a bow. Membrey, Bruce tried hard. Rest of the boys need to have a hard look at themselves after that.

Coaching, Richo needs to step or step aside. Its beyond ridiculous now.

Just further reaffirms that we pretty much need 3/4 of a forward line, midifield and depth as the curent crop are severel underwhelming not up to it or have regressed heavily.

Being in China, ona ground that at least visually looked like a square on weight watches with curved pockets was interesting, but they did not play dimensions well at all which is either failure of governing body, failure of club hierarchy, failuer fo players or a combination of. Somethign needs to change if we're going to continue with this venture as a spectacle that was insipid.

Youngy's also had 2/3 where he was invisible, so might as well rotate people through who actually want to emulate someone who gives a damn about the opportunity.

Gonna be a long bye
We can only hope 🙏

b5ifpf.gif

Round 1: 85
Round 2: 76
Round 3: 66
Round 4: 74
Round 5: 95
Round 6: 68
Round 7: 70
Round 8: 70
Round 9: 71
Round 10: 68

Barring rnds 1 and 5 that is pathetic. We will not win games against teams in the top 12-14 odd with scoring power of this nature.
Extraordinarily predictable figures.

I really should of been getting rich on the score markets under richo

Just don’t know where to start after that performance.

As bad as the darkest days of 2018. Losers all over the ground.

Port are not a good team this year and had key outs. We made them look like premiership fancies.

Diabolical stuff from us. It was a performance every bit as bad as it looked.
Difference is the mix of a few A grade senior players mixed with A grade young kids. At this stage we have neither. Port will be up and down because of their young kids. Today - they fired. New experience playing in a different country and they thrived.

We were well and truly out-coached today. Starting from selection table. Their speed and counter attack set us up like a goat in headlights. Their skills and finishing put us to shame.

We also had all of our sponsors and hirechy there today as guests. Hope they look at that and put the screws on for change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarryn Geary's last two games have resulted in his thigh sliced open, a broken ankle/leg and a couple of kidneys on the Chinese black market

He'll wake up as the million dollar man.

Suddenly remember he's captain of the Saints and be de-vauled to $1.45.

I'm pretty confident we'll finish above Carlton and Gold Coast this year. Not sure about everyone else.

We could be below North after next week - they have GC and their percentage is already ahead of ours.

And the Dogs have the bye next week and then Carlton, they could easily get above us as well if we lose to GC.

That only leaves Melbourne and Sydney, both are surely good enough to finish up the ladder a bit.

Pick 3?

I just don't really want a high draft pick this year, not sure it helps us at all.

Another thing, how many ******* times will our club continue to embarrass themselves when the spotlight is on them in games like this when we need the positive exposure?

Beyond sick of this crap, it continues to hurt our bottom line.

Last edited:
Well that was a few hours I'd like to get back, could have spent it doing something less painful like stabbing myself in the eyes with forks.

Our worst performance for the year by far, to lose by 70 points to an average Port side is just embarrassing, just unacceptable even with all our outs.

Out - Richo, Brereton, Young, Joyce, Phillips....well anyone but Marshall and Gresham really.

In - Ratten, Lockett, Hannebery, Cariisle, Steven, Lonie, Goat...well anyone that gives a f*** about representing the Saints, I'd even take Molly Meldrum.

Geary's injury just rubs salt into the wounds, we just can't take a trick this year.

Last edited:
All spots apart from Ruck are up for grabs as far as I’m concerned.

Big week in the track and some soul searching in all the coaches box.

Bring Marshall home and leave the rest of them behind.

What really grinds my gears ( no pun intended) is WHY play Billings and Savage under duress? Would have been dehydrated and weak, in that heat? Like playing two down, I don’t care how experienced they are.

You’ve got emergencies - play them. Paton and Hind had everything to play for too.

I also believe Gears should have waited till after the bye.

The decision making from the coaching staff is as bad, if not worse than the decision making on field.

And do not get me started on the pathetic goal kicking... week after week, year after year. I always denied it but I think our development of young players is up to ****. They don’t seem to come on at all.

Rant over....for now.

When we play bad our forward entries are embarrassing. Our delivery inside 50 when players are on leading up to just bomb long to a 3 on 1 is stuff that makes you scratch your head. Is it the coach that says bomb it long at all costs even though there is short leads you can hit up. Or is it the players that have absolutely no composure and just blaze everytime? Time to target some class ball users in the forward half.

I’m going to forget this game. All the omens were poor and just got worse as the week went on.

So I am writing it off in terms of the result.

What we cannot continue to overlook are the very simple goals we continue to miss. Sinclair x 2, Phillips, Bruce being the worst because they were goals that were actually more difficult to miss than to kick.

In my view, this issue has been around for 24 months and that is 23 months too long. Time for the club to put the foot down and that means changing the coaching arrangements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back