Game Day Round 11, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose tonight, blame the ridiculousness of not resting anyone (other than Birchall) on Tuesday against Richmond.

I’ll be livid if we drop tonight’s game.

And if we win, you won't acknowledge it again.

"It's pretty obvious that [goal kicking is] something we need to work on, but it's not the be all and end all," he said.

"It won't be a massive focus this week … it's just going to be playing a good brand of footy and beating the Western Bulldogs on the inside and worrying about the mid-forward connection."

"I think 'Fages' has been pretty good. He understands we don't go out there to miss."

To any of you going to the game, I love hearing the Lions chant...be loud and proud guys, make lots of noise. Not only for the sake of our game tonight, but to show that people will get along to the GF if its there and they will be just as loud..

...and that there are more AFL fans up there than these nuff nuffs down here think.

This will be tough battle, dogs aren’t going to lie down easily just hope guys can capitalise in front of goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Such a massive game in the context of the season. We win this, beat North, and take momentum into the game against the Saints, we'll be fine, and we'll go into the bye looking at a top 2 finish. If we lose tonight, get an injury or two to our banged up mids, and we'll lose to the Saints, and we'll be left fighting for a home elimination.

Well I'm drunk, down the coast, broadbeach tavern and the Mrs haven't messaged in a while. What should I do? Stay? Or go to the hotel???
If lost, always stay at your last known location.

If it's a pub, better yet.

I sat with Rich and Zorks at the melbourne function last year and they told me the amount of running is strictly measured and rationed. If a player did much more in a game he would be restricted during the week.

Similarly kicking is rationed and that's why they don't have 500 shots at goal at training several times a week. I have confidence in our clubs monitoring of work load as the conditioning staff know exactly where each player is in terms of workload.

Interestingly Fev, who was a dead eye dick, used to fill his car up with footies and go down to the hampton Park footy ground in Bluff Road and have huge numbers of shots at goal. Totally against club policies but Fev reckoned that why he was such a good shot.
Its honestly crap. I understand they need to be monitored but id love the actual info on injuries compared to someone having more set shot practice to someone having less. Considering forwards do less kms per games you would assume injuries occurred by distance covered wouldnt be a factor. More contact. Arghhh this angers me more then it should.

You can’t say it wasn’t flagged the moment the fixture was announced for this block of games.

Unlike most sensible clubs, we seem to be one of the few clubs of the belief that we didn’t need to rest any mids despite back to back four day breaks.

Let’s see how this pans out.
Typical gibberish not backed by the actual reality of what all the other “sensible” clubs are actually doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll be fine if >

1- We contain Johannisen's run and Daniel's distribution out of the back.
2- Pressure and harass Bontempelli, Macrae and Smith.
3- Stop their quick throwing.. oops handballing game out of congestion.

In my unbiased ;) opinion we look a superior side forward back and through the middle, lets hope it pans out that way.

Had a quick look at the Dogs board they are not happy about Gardner being included into their side. (not our boy)
I liked this comment

"The return of Naughton coupled with the inclusion of Gardner is the equivalent of watching you Mother in Law go over a cliff in your new Ferrari"

Well I'm drunk, down the coast, broadbeach tavern and the Mrs haven't messaged in a while. What should I do? Stay? Or go to the hotel???

Running on 3 hours sleep, hung over and have been on the road most of the day.

No Lions Guernsey to wear tonight, but my sore throat is ready to cheer. No place I'd rather be!

Running on 3 hours sleep, hung over and have been on the road most of the day.

No Lions Guernsey to wear tonight, but my sore throat is ready to cheer. No place I'd rather be!

And we'd expect nothing less from you mate :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

:D

If we lose tonight the media will be gushing over Port, Tigers and Eagles and saying that the Lions need to go the full rebuild and Kingy will be analysing our game in the War Room asking the question - Have the Saints and Blues gone past the Lions?

Feeling a bit under the weather. So not going tonight. Cmon boys get the win. Lions by 17

If we lose tonight the media will be gushing over Port, Tigers and Eagles and saying that the Lions need to go the full rebuild and Kingy will be analysing our game in the War Room asking the question - Have the Saints and Blues gone past the Lions?
No doubt with next to no mention of consecutive four day breaks between games or 3 games in 8 days whilst our opposition has had an extra 2 and 1 day break respectively.

If we lose tonight, blame the ridiculousness of not resting anyone (other than Birchall) on Tuesday against Richmond.

I’ll be livid if we drop tonight’s game.
Imo, winning the Richmond game was worth the bet of losing these two. Richmond is a bogey side we'll come up against in finals. Beating them in H&A would have been very useful. Whereas we've got a run of easier fixtures coming up, leading into finals, mostly at home. We can drop this one and should still finish top two. But we'd likely still have Richmond to deal with at the pointy end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back