Game Day Round 11, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the Eagle fly and his brutality at the ball and man inspire the team to find it's hard edge and get the job done. Lets make last week, "just a one off, bad game".

C'mon Eagles !!!!

Could become our Mumford for the rest of the season.

Clear the way for midfield, crash n bash. Can't wait !

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So excited for Eagles. If there is one thing you need to succeed its heart. And he has plenty. I remember the last game he played he got injured. But chased a (hawthorn) player to the boundary and forced a turnover. All while in pain. That's my memory. Oh and that goal. What a champ.

So excited for Eagles. If there is one thing you need to succeed its heart. And he has plenty. I remember the last game he played he got injured. But chased a (hawthorn) player to the boundary and forced a turnover. All while in pain. That's my memory. Oh and that goal. What a champ.
I am hoping that having Eagles in will allow O more time in the forward line and less in the ruck.
Eagles is the closest to Martin that we have as a Ruck replacement.
And I think teams can panic a bit when O is forward. Allowing us other avenues to goal.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

Yep, Tuesday still hurts - but ONWARDS AND UPWARDS LIONS. Let's carve these Doggies apart and PUT IT THROUGH THE BIG FLOPPIN' STICKS :D

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
I'm excited . Its game day and we are favourites and my favourite restaurant, Amiconi, has opened for take aways. I now live less than 5 ks away from one of the only Italian restaurant in Melbourne, still open, that I have been back to.

Think I'll be eating their scrumptious calamari cheering on McStay, Lester, and Eagles.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am hoping that having Eagles in will allow O more time in the forward line and less in the ruck.
Eagles is the closest to Martin that we have as a Ruck replacement.
And I think teams can panic a bit when O is forward. Allowing us other avenues to goal.
Last week was the first time Big O showed he can carry the number 1 ruck load.
He increased his TOG by 10 % but only to 86 % so i think the Club would like to find out if he can sustain the extra load.
I imagine Eagles will just be relief ruck but with both on the ground at certain times
We have to remember it is Eagles first AFL game since May 2018.
I am still interested in his role tonight and hope he performs well

I'm excited . Its game day and we are favourites and my favourite restaurant, Amiconi, has opened for take aways. I now live less than 5 ks away from one of the only Italian restaurant in Melbourne, still open, that I have been back to.

Think I'll be eating their scrumptious calamari cheering on McStay, Lester, and Eagles.
Except Lester hasn’t been named.😯

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Setting up expectations in advance I see. This bodes well for in-game meltdowns.
You can’t say it wasn’t flagged the moment the fixture was announced for this block of games.

Unlike most sensible clubs, we seem to be one of the few clubs of the belief that we didn’t need to rest any mids despite back to back four day breaks.

Let’s see how this pans out.

You can’t say it wasn’t flagged the moment the fixture was announced for this block of games.

Unlike most sensible clubs, we seem to be one of the few clubs of the belief that we didn’t need to rest any mids despite back to back four day breaks.

Let’s see how this pans out.

Do you genuinely think the club wouldn't rest players if they need a rest? Give them more credit than that....

Let's look at the ladder for these sensible clubs.

1st. Port made only forced/form changes, even less than us.

2nd. Saints made only forced/form changes, even less than us.

3rd. Us.

4th. Richmond has rested one (Cotchin, this round). They made more changes in the first week of the compressed draw, but they'd just lost to GWS.

5th. Geelong rested heaps. Against the team in 17th.

6th. West Coast made only forced/form changes, but they also had a bye so I can't honestly use them as a counterexample as much as I'd like to.

7th. GWS has rested one (Jacobs), and other than that it was only forced changes.

Managing Birchall is the same or more resting than most of the clubs around us did.

So we've got... Geelong, and then the list of other clubs managing/resting players? Adelaide, Melbourne, Essendon, North Melbourne. That seems like a list of sensible clubs?

Our opponent today managed one player for a week - the well known midfield star, Cody Weightman... who was dropped this week anyway.

It looks like the race for those critical top 4 spots is tight enough that teams fighting for them aren't resting players unless they're up against a gimme opponent. If we'd rested half a dozen players, we'd be the exception - not the rule. You're arguing you know better than most of the top coaches in the league.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
DITTO!
:think:Yer, it is probable :rolleyes: that our rehab and conditioning staff have a better idea than us nuffies on a footy forum.
I sat with Rich and Zorks at the melbourne function last year and they told me the amount of running is strictly measured and rationed. If a player did much more in a game he would be restricted during the week.

Similarly kicking is rationed and that's why they don't have 500 shots at goal at training several times a week. I have confidence in our clubs monitoring of work load as the conditioning staff know exactly where each player is in terms of workload.

Interestingly Fev, who was a dead eye dick, used to fill his car up with footies and go down to the hampton Park footy ground in Bluff Road and have huge numbers of shots at goal. Totally against club policies but Fev reckoned that why he was such a good shot.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Let's look at the ladder for these sensible clubs.

1st. Port made only forced/form changes, even less than us.

2nd. Saints made only forced/form changes, even less than us.

3rd. Us.

4th. Richmond has rested one (Cotchin, this round). They made more changes in the first week of the compressed draw, but they'd just lost to GWS.

5th. Geelong rested heaps. Against the team in 17th.

6th. West Coast made only forced/form changes, but they also had a bye so I can't honestly use them as a counterexample as much as I'd like to.

7th. GWS has rested one (Jacobs), and other than that it was only forced changes.

Managing Birchall is the same or more resting than most of the clubs around us did.

So we've got... Geelong, and then the list of other clubs managing/resting players? Adelaide, Melbourne, Essendon, North Melbourne. That seems like a list of sensible clubs?

Our opponent today managed one player for a week - the well known midfield star, Cody Weightman... who was dropped this week anyway.

Yeah, but how many changes have the Crows made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back