Preview Round 11, 2020: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 10 August 2020, 8.40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patton back if fit, O’Brien OUT.

I was seriously hoping we’d see Finn this year, hope dwindles slightly with every game he doesn’t get picked for however...

Must have been when he copped that free kick, which looked soft at the time. You could see Shiels really mouth off at someone, Morrison was telling him to calm down.
Yeah the Pics don’t really capture it well, but he had a real egg, although watching the reply he may have had it earlier.

O'Brien kicked 1.1, had 1 goal assist and 5 score involvements. So like him or not, he did impact the scoreboard.
What about the rest of his poor games mate ? Been getting the pill 5 times and not impacting the scoreboard enough

Can’t believe people are still coming for TOB. Yes he’s not a superstar but having someone that at least always breaks even and stops the opposition from intercept marking is so important.

he’s the best performing key forward on our list (unless you include Gunners).

What about the rest of his poor games mate ? Been getting the pill 5 times and not impacting the scoreboard enough
He just came into the side and played his role well.

He isn’t getting dropped for that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you give it a rest? We just had a great comeback win in a game he played well and all you and a few others want to talk about is how they dislike the only functional kpf we have right now 🙄

Serves a good purpose on the forums though - helps identify the posters that don't really understand the game too well, or even worse rely on commentators too much.
Hi Simon,

Don't think us Victorians will get back to tassie anytime soon. (Assuming ur still there)

I reckon a more classic example is it took 2 the finals 2016 4 ppl 2 realise Dave Hale's role during the 3peat. And why we couldn't score anymore.

Don’t mind this, thought Minch showed a bit after only 2 games in 800 days or whatever it was. Would allow us to play wingard in the mid even longer.

Big NO to Minchington coming back in. He is purely depth if you desperately need him. Not in our future forward structure plans whatsoever.

I was sitting in the 1st row beside hawks dugout.
Bruest had his jaw looked at several times early in the game.
At 1/4 time he was away from the group having it checked out. I’d say he copped a knock early, then I think he copped 2 knocks later
Burgoyne had a lot of work done on his right (iirc) hammy while laying directly in front of me. He was then taken down into the rooms.
Didn’t see him come back out at all, but I think he snuck out just before the end.
Clarko had a smile from ear to ear as he walked out not long before the siren.
His excitement with the physios etc was clear for all to see. I’d say a massive relief to all those who are in the road with the team
Good confidence booster for our next couple of games

Serves a good purpose on the forums though - helps identify the posters that don't really understand the game too well, or even worse rely on commentators too much.

Lol, no one listens to the commentators. In reality people use their powers of observation, which get backed up by stats.

I wonder what our fans think of Gary Rohan. He's considered a laughing stock around here, which is ironic.

He just came back from injury and performed ok. It would be strange to drop him now for Freo.

I’m not saying he is the future and cemented his spot in the side but to say he didn’t have impact on the scoreboard was factually incorrect. If he can perform like that at a minimum each week I’ll be pretty happy. It’s not like he is the next Franklin or Roughead, regardless of the number given to him.

You don’t have to like him but it’s ok to concede that he wasn’t poor yesterday. Each to their own I suppose.

OUT
Burgoyne (if injured)
IN
Patton (if right)

Think we can stretch Fremantle's defence big time by going a bit taller. If Patton isn't right though, then I'd chuck in Hanrahan.

Don’t mind this, thought Minch showed a bit after only 2 games in 800 days or whatever it was. Would allow us to play wingard in the mid even longer.
Add him in with Jars, Wingard, Breust and we’re going to have a good group of small forwards who can rotate through high half forward and midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back