Preview Round 11, 2020: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 10 August 2020, 8.40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After beating Carlton and then having the bye, the Hawks are back in business when they play the Dockers at Optus Stadium. Preview and changes in here.

Not sure on changes. Probably none.

Haven't been following Fremantle and their forward line. Are they tall? Maybe Frawley needs a rest? Koschitzke playing well enough to see some senior footy for a week or two?
Not really, have Taberner & Lobb but Lobb has had to play ruck a fair bit lately. Think with Fyfe being back he will spend a fair bit of time up there though.

It’s disappointing that there’s no practice game this weekend. I really would like to see Walker make his debut soon.

I know Maginness has been spoken about, but he’s contracted until next year. There’s probably no rush to play him and he’s viewed by the club as a long-term player. Walker on the other hand is out of contract and is faces uncertainty beyond this year.

No change.

Take the break, galvinise the belief within the group, hit the ground running against the Shockers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TOB stays for mine, he made an error but kept his head up and played a part in us winning. He needs to build the confidence of a win as do all of those who played today.
Windscreens brings a contest. Yep, it is hugely frustrating how he can't hold a mark. But by simply getting to the contest he creates an opportunity.

Scully’s disposal and decision making with ball in hand has been poor.

He won’t get dropped but wouldn’t mind seeing someone else in that role, possibly Moore in or Scrimshaw on the wing and CJ into the backline.

There was mention in the press conference that Burgoyne has a slight hammy issue. Obviously at his age and with history in this area he may likely have an extended break after the bye.

Patton might be a chance , I’d bring him in if fit. Freo have no key defenders so this could be a chance for him to find some form.
I would hope that if we do bring in Patton it would be at the expense of one of our Ruckman. The current mix looks much better than the top heavy teams we we're putting out at the start of the year. Hope we recognise that speed/agility is more important than ever in today's game.

Don't think changed are needed unless there is an injury, but when this is the case I would really like to see us giving games to younger players we are confident will be part of the future (Maginness, Jones? CJ? ) or those we think have potential but are on the cusp of delisting (Walker, Nash, Glass etc.) - instead of the likes of Minchington and Brooksby.

Don't know what to do about Lewis. Would love him to play if he can show some competitiveness, but it's tough to reward the efforts he's shown this year.

No change,

Was impressed with startton putting his body on the line, Scully is obviously more suited to wider grounds and played alot better.

Patton comes back in when he is ready,
Would like to see CJ come in for a defender at some point but at this stage it would be for Scrimshaw and I would like to see him get a few more games before we shake up the team.
I also want to see Nash back in the side, not to sure for who.

Neither Patton nor Lewis look fit enough. Patton seemed to lose conditioning in the lockdown, after looking reasonably mobile in the pre season. Lewis doesn’t have a second effort. We go nuts watching TOB drop sitters but at least he makes a contest, chases and follows up. Need to reward effort and success, so for me the only change should be someone in for Burgoyne if he has tightness, and that should be the best performed mid from the scratch matches, possibly Jones.
I would hope that if we do bring in Patton it would be at the expense of one of our Ruckman. The current mix looks much better than the top heavy teams we we're putting out at the start of the year. Hope we recognise that speed/agility is more important than ever in today's game.

Don't think changed are needed unless there is an injury, but when this is the case I would really like to see us giving games to younger players we are confident will be part of the future (Maginness, Jones? CJ? ) or those we think have potential but are on the cusp of delisting (Walker, Nash, Glass etc.) - instead of the likes of Minchington and Brooksby.

Don't know what to do about Lewis. Would love him to play if he can show some competitiveness, but it's tough to reward the efforts he's shown this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back