Preview Round 11, 2020: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 10 August 2020, 8.40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t think this will happen. However, I was looking at McEvoy at a few centre bounces and thinking how old and rugged he is starting to look. He also still had a smoldering look in his eyes and was completely up for the contest, so I doubt he’s going out.
McEvoy looked old and rugged in grade 6

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Not that it means anything but I woke up in a cold sweat at about 2am this morning having just dreamt that I opened the AFL app at half time of this match to find the scores were 70-10 Freo's way.

Most of my dreams are fun, but not this one.
I wouldn't worry too much as that was probably the free kick count 😂

Not that it means anything but I woke up in a cold sweat at about 2am this morning having just dreamt that I opened the AFL app at half time of this match to find the scores were 70-10 Freo's way.

Most of my dreams are fun, but not this one.

I had a similar dream after reading all the articles about how well we play at Optus Stadium - only for us to get flogged against the Dockers.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Spot on. But we gotta learn to win without him. He's only got 7 odd weeks left.
Has this actually been confirmed or is this an assumption? I'm like everyone else where it scares the crap out of me imagining the team without him but if it hasn't yet been confirmed that he won't get another year then it really is just an assumption. I guess the question really is should he or shouldn't he.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has this actually been confirmed or is this an assumption? I'm like everyone else where it scares the crap out of me imagining the team without him but if it hasn't yet been confirmed that he won't get another year then it really is just an assumption. I guess the question really is should he or shouldn't he.
With a reduction of list sizes I can’t see how the club can justify retaining him. Maybe they will ask permission to retain him as a special rookie list player to help a celebrated veteran make it to 400. But that is the only way I see us being able to retain him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I honestly think the day he calls it a day I will be a bit upset. That doesn’t happen
with footballers too often for me.

Big moment player and a competitive beast!!! His tackle on Dangerfield was 100% out of complete frustration with the way we were waiving the white flag that night and I love that in a player.

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
He could. But form has been patchy. I reckon he's one more hammy tear from calling it quits. As much as I love the bloke.
Reeves & GW on FB today mentioned Burgs... Said his scan was ok but will have a fitness test... I'd be doubtful.. Patton one more week before being available..

Come on man 2020 already sucks enough don't do this to me

‘or we could rookie him and save on an assistant coach salary. I say that cos injured players do off field stuff all the time
That's an idea. Soft cap brings back the playing coach.

I like it.

McEvoy looked old and rugged in grade 6

Look at this from his draft year!

1596714816035.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back