Preview Round 11, 2020: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 10 August 2020, 8.40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no point in risking Burgoyne. This is a good chance for Morris or Minchington to come straight back in.

That statement is why it's is actually a good reason to risk Burgoyne, because candidates to replace him are in no way good enough at the point time.

Thunderstorms predicted Monday.
If Shaun misses i want another inside mid. Perhaps Jones.

Growing up in Ireland, I'd reckon Nash has the most wet weather experience of any player in the side. Bring him in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably worth finding out what Moore has to offer at senior level.
The few times he has played he’s been quite ok.
As small as he is, I see him playing as more a mid sized forward.

The few times he has played he’s been quite ok.
As small as he is, I see him playing as more a mid sized forward.
I think he needs to be a high half forward. Almost an extra mid that plays outside the contest. His fitness and ball winning were his assets at under age and that is going to be A feature of his afp game if he is good enough. Not quite quick enough to play deep forward. Let him turn his man and work back to goal hard and get on the end of the ball.

One thing I’d like to see Worpel do is learn to go forward when being tagged and have an influence on the game. Against giants - Deboar tagged him and he just lost all his confidence and wasn’t able to get it back for weeks...
I think he’s capable of that - although it’s probably one area Mitchell won’t be able to mentor him in.

One thing I’d like to see Worpel do is learn to go forward when being tagged and have an influence on the game. Against giants - Deboar tagged him and he just lost all his confidence and wasn’t able to get it back for weeks...
I think he’s capable of that - although it’s probably one area Mitchell won’t be able to mentor him in.
He has gone 1 out in the goal square a few times this year (not many) and i really think this is something he can add going forward. How often does he lose 1 on 1's? He has a forward craft and is a strong 1 on 1 player.

We have been pushing him forward in the past few weeks. I’m sure it is part of his development.

no mitchell will be able to mentor him. in the 2013 mitchell got tagged by crowley. we had sandi one of the most dominant tap ruckmen ever mitchell just clogged up the tap area. Because the tap was directed towards someone and crowley followed mitchell their was generally a plus one hawks player to handball to.
Mitchell was also very good at taking the ball at pace (admittedly not much pace) then quickly disposing of it (very important when being tagged). Generally one of those dinky accurate kicks he did or a lightening fast hand pass.
Mitchell was also good at being opportunistic for example if his player was sucked into the contest mitchell would take advantage somehow.

All of those worpel can do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back