Autopsy Round 11, 2020: St.Kilda v Geelong *BYTEL DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Hill thought he'd fake and pull up for Carlisle to kick over the top and wrong foot his opponent.
that makes the most sence ... but obviosly the communication isnt quite there that play would have worked quite well if jake had kicked it over the contest and Hill doubled back to hit it a top speed but for some reason Jake thought a dinky loopy kick was the better option ... who knows why

a bad play can be on two players .... ill explain it one more time because it seems like every man and his dog gets it .... Jake made a howler of a mistake going for that kick ... Hill made a bad mistake into a hair pulling howler of a mistake for not going hard after it even though it was a shocking decision to take that option ....
so yes Hill is to blame ... and yes Jake is to blame ...
simples ...

if you dont get it as the brick wall behind you cause even that should understand that by now

Not many blamed both on night. I’m not sure any did. They either blamed Carlisle or hill. More hill I do understand both can be at fault but the facts are there to be seen by the our supporters. And those supporters that you arrogantly claimed had little idea of footy had hill at fault. Anyway unlike you I am done on this topic. Happy to chat with you about us betting Essendon this week.

Yes , he has to start leading up so they have to chop his arms not standing in the goal square getting mauled
Yes and by leading forward it opens up a hole behind him for Membrey ,Marshall, Battle .
Another pre season and next year he will be clunking them . You can see he has a really heavy weight program in the arms and shoulders .
But its always that balance of being strong and unmovable vs flexible agile and fast. .Clubs like WCE and Port seem to always have speed and strength but we just seem to concentrate on speed.

worth listening to this interview if you haven't already as i think lethers sums up the geelong game perfectly

Two weeks ago I had a senior poster here tell me that my post was garbage because I said Geary needed to go and we as a club needed to have that conversation NOW - his leadership wasn't worth inclusion and we had better fits who gave more on field - think it was Joffer?

I got trashed for it and deleted it because I didn't want to spread any unnecessary negativity.

Anyway - forget that, I'm posting on instinct and it's 100% true. Haha, the sooner we own up to it as a club the sooner we move forward. It's not hard to understand. And I'm thankful for what he did prior to 2020 of course, but we're moving into a new era and it's PAST necessity at this point. Should have been changed pre-season RE captaincy. It wasn't, and now it's an awkward fit in the meantime until it's passed on.

Two weeks ago I had a senior poster here tell me that my post was garbage because I said Geary needed to go and we as a club needed to have that conversation NOW - his leadership wasn't worth inclusion and we had better fits who gave more on field - think it was Joffer?

I got trashed for it and deleted it because I didn't want to spread any unnecessary negativity.

Anyway - forget that, I'm posting on instinct and it's 100% true. Haha, the sooner we own up to it as a club the sooner we move forward. It's not hard to understand. And I'm thankful for what he did prior to 2020 of course, but we're moving into a new era and it's PAST necessity at this point. Should have been changed pre-season RE captaincy. It wasn't, and now it's an awkward fit in the meantime until it's passed on.

Very precious to be upset because someone disagreed with your opinion. FWIW I still think it is a garbage argument considering how well he was going at the beginning of the season. Suddenly after one very very bad game were he was completely beaten he has to go. Talk about hysterical overreaction.

Geary is coming to the end of his career, however the club and the players continually signal his value by voting him as captain, as do the coaches.

Just because you demand it and get upset when called on it doesn't mean it should happen immediately.

Maybe if you don't like your opinions disagreed with, you shouldn't post. BTW i have had many of my opinions proven wrong, too bad, thats football, every opinion can be challenged and many will be proven wrong.

Very precious to be upset because someone disagreed with your opinion. FWIW I still think it is a garbage argument considering how well he was going at the beginning of the season. Suddenly after one very very bad game were he was completely beaten he has to go. Talk about hysterical overreaction.

Geary is coming to the end of his career, however the club and the players continually signal his value by voting him as captain, as do the coaches.

Just because you demand it and get upset when called on it doesn't mean it should happen immediately.

Maybe if you don't like your opinions disagreed with, you shouldn't post. BTW i have had many of my opinions proven wrong, too bad, thats football, every opinion can be challenged and many will be proven wrong.

Not precious at all - I just think if you disagree you should say why, don't just say 'garbage post' with no context when if you've watched us play this year you know the club is screaming out for a change in that area.

If you can't see or haven't seen this year that he doesn't fit in our plans going forward, then I don't know what to tell you. I put that idea out there because it's 100% something worth discussing. And it will continue to be discussed until the change is inevitably made. This has been a long time coming and from my end it's not overreaction because it's been my thought for 2 + years now.

I probably shouldn't have deleted it out of feeling bad but that's how it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They actually spoke about Geary On The Couch and the awkwardness of your captain maybe not justifying his spot in the team. Basically his last two games have been poor but he smashed Johannisen and Docherty not all that long ago.

The role he plays can be a super important one but if there’s no suitable role for him (like say against Geelong) then he probably shouldn’t play. In a season like this it’s very easy to just say he’s being managed. I’d send him to Saad this week and if he can’t get that job done then he might be in strife.

I'd say Geelong played perfectly against us and our game plan played into their hands. We tried to get the ball going forward with long kicks and our mids and flanks running passed, they intercepted and cut us up with precision. Plus some of our guys looked spent and our backline was rattled

Remove this Banner Ad

Back