Preview Round 11, 2020: St.Kilda v Geelong - Gabba, Monday 10th August, 6:10PM AEST *BYTEL DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Cats

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3cT7ek3.png

It sucks that Geelong have two of my young crew from 10 years ago in Stanley and Steven but they are dead to me now.

We still have one of my young crew in Geary and he is now our captain.

I can tell you who wasn't in my young crew, Robert Eddy, but for some reason Ross Lyon played him ahead of Geary and Steven.

Alright I need to move on, we have Clark, Coffield and King now, let's bury these f***ing Geelong campaigners into the dirt.

Make another statement.

If we play at our best we will win this one, too fast for them. But no losing clearances & contested possies like tonight or we are stuffed.

We want to hope Geelong play Dangerfield up forward again or they will be all over as in the clearances like Gold Coast were tonight.

We still lack size in the clearances, we've got Steele and some fast tough little guys like Jones and Gresham in there nut we need more size.

We need to push Clark into the midfield more, he's great across half back but we have half back covered.

Clark's a big unit now and he can shrug tackles with elite disposal skills, he can push forward and kick goals, he can be our Fyfe or Dusty.

Interesting comments from Dew tonight, saying how obvious our goals are out the back and from directly in front, and how much he planned for that all week but the Saints still got out the back. And you could see the many Suns numbers jammed in front of our goals especially as the game went on.

I hope we have another plan of attack, you would think these easy goals will be stymied soon, the Suns nearly got it done. We haven't really hit up the leads for quite a few weeks, maybe this style is due to come out against the Cats. I'll be seeing the quicks like Kent, Butler, Hind, Billings and Hill making good leads and hitting each other up. Change from the talls and crumbers to leading smalls. It will depend on how the opposition defense line up.

God knows what the team will be, given the very short turnaround. It makes any kind of prediction difficult too. Who knows, we just need to wait and see. We can say confidence is high and there is nothing to fear. Give it a right good go; this game won't define the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Could see thats what they were trying to do. Get numbers back in defence to try to prevent our forwards getting clean possessions. It drew our mids and defenders up the ground and left their forwardline open.

Easiest way to fix it is get it out of the middle fast and into the forwardline.
Thats what almost cost us today- they smashed us in the guts.
Interesting comments from Dew tonight, saying how obvious our goals are out the back and from directly in front, and how much he planned for that all week but the Saints still got out the back. And you could see the many Suns numbers jammed in front of our goals especially as the game went on.

I hope we have another plan of attack, you would think these easy goals will be stymied soon, the Suns nearly got it done. We haven't really hit up the leads for quite a few weeks, maybe this style is due to come out against the Cats. I'll be seeing the quicks like Kent, Butler, Hind, Billings and Hill making good leads and hitting each other up. Change from the talls and crumbers to leading smalls. It will depend on how the opposition defense line up.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The suns dominated the middle of the ground and the contested ball and as Ratten pointed out that should of been good game saints. Yet when we pushed forward and had a decent look in from say 65m out and closer we looked very likely to score regardless of the suns setup. All our talls have to do is either mark it or bring it to ground and pretty much every opposition this year has struggled majorly to curb our scoring due to having such high quality players.

I think it was evident the suns put a lot of work into the middle and we had no answer on the night. Jones was targeted off the ball and this is a hunch without paying attention to this but i feel they were doing their best to keep the ball away from Steele. We can't let Geelong do the same.

Nearly impossible to pick the changes this week. The only obvious one is Ryder out. If geary and Ross are right they play and Phillips goes out for Ross. Any sorer than normal player rests. It’s really not about this game, it’s about Essendon. Going to be tough to beat Geelong with equal breaks but 5 compared to 4 is a big difference Said it last night but I really wish they rested Ryder last night. It’s now pretty obvious he helps the side against the average rucks and Geelong are average in that area. To late now. Can’t see us winning this game but hopefully sets us up for Essendon.

Nearly impossible to pick the changes this week. The only obvious one is Ryder out. If geary and Ross are right they play and Phillips goes out for Ross. Any sorer than normal player rests. It’s really not about this game, it’s about Essendon. Going to be tough to beat Geelong with equal breaks but 5 compared to 4 is a big difference Said it last night but I really wish they rested Ryder last night. It’s now pretty obvious he helps the side against the average rucks and Geelong are average in that area. To late now. Can’t see us winning this game but hopefully sets us up for Essendon.

I was with you up till this point. If we want a top four podium then winning this will take us a long way to reaching that goal. A win here puts us two games and percentage clear of Geelong and Collingwood with six games remaining. We have superior percentage to GWS with a game in hand which will leave it down to five teams looking for the double chance.

This will be a mini final for Geelong and St kilda.

I was with you up till this point. If we want a top four podium then winning this will take us a long way to reaching that goal. A win here puts us two games and percentage clear of Geelong and Collingwood with six games remaining. We have superior percentage to GWS with a game in hand which will leave it down to five teams looking for the double chance.

This will be a mini final for Geelong and St kilda.
I understand all that but I can’t see us winning after the shorter break. And Geelong have rested some last week. We haven’t yet. Obviously we don’t rest 10 guys and we certainly try and win but we need to think past this game. It’s about 4 weeks time. There will be quick games again after round 13.

Damn, 3 day turn around
Dont wanna be negative, ill save that for a game day thread...lol, ( is a thread on game day people are emotional on the internet, get the hell over it) but this is going to be tough

Pull s win out of this and who knows what can happen
Im expecting us to get sore and tired tho, but then again all teams are in the same boat.

Tbh if we drop it i wouldnt be disappointed....young brigade, tough year and theyre having a decent crack

Saints by 2

I'm expecting a big loss here. Get back to Noosa at 2:30am on Friday then leave again around 2:30pm on Monday. Thats a very very short turn around time.

For a side that looked flat last night, I just don't except the energy levels to he high enough to beat a team like Geelong.

Players I'd consider managing are Ryder, Membrey, Hill, Jones, King or Carlisle.

Out: Ryder, Phillips, Jones, Membrey.

In: Ross, Geary, Marsh, Bytel.

Ross and Geary pick themselves. Marsh replaces Membrey as a forward target with some speed and high energy. Bytel just to see how he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back