Preview Round 11, 2020: St.Kilda v Geelong - Gabba, Monday 10th August, 6:10PM AEST *BYTEL DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Cats

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratts has targeted the opposition’s most influential players in previous games. Not saying Geelong don’t have other influential players, but we can’t put a hard tag on them all. As you say, play on our terms. Stewart is the one that really worries me. I’m still recovering from the game where we had no one forward except McCartin & Savage kept bombing it long to Stewart.
Stewart is a gun, so hopefully we aren't too predictable going forward… I imagine their defenders will get pretty nervous if the ball starts hitting the deck deep in our forward line… Max hasn't been outmarked too often this year, Membrey pretty good at making a contest.

You'd regret eating a vindaloo with Butler, Hind, Gresham, Kent and even Sinclair swarming around your feet.

just watching the richmond v port game 3rd Q ...exciting game pressure and break neck intensity...worth the watch to compare with our own effort...we are right up there but s**t we are going to have to sustain that speed and pressure..the one thing we lack in my estimation is size in terms of body weight...they dont get any smaller or lighter as the games progress esp finals ... wwe really need some more muscle in the mids

Yeah Carlisle is ideally not on the main forward but he’s more suited to the physically strong power forwards than Howard. Carlisle took Lynch earlier in the year so they do it when required.

Doogs took Dixon who’s probably the best power forward in the game.

This game will really be a test of how well we can lower our eyes & hit up shorter targets going into F50. If we can minimise the opportunities that Stewart & co have to intercept then theyre very gettable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Carlisle is ideally not on the main forward but he’s more suited to the physically strong power forwards than Howard. Carlisle took Lynch earlier in the year so they do it when required.

This game will really be a test of how well we can lower our eyes & hit up shorter targets going into F50. If we can minimise the opportunities that Stewart & co have to intercept then theyre very gettable.

Dixon is a gun this year, but he’s not really a wrestler. Dixon is a run and jump forward who just smashes through/over packs. Howard was well suited to that with his pace and jump.

Hawkins is more of a wrestler who’ll stand in the goal square and push his man aside.

Last edited:
Stewart is a gun, so hopefully we aren't too predictable going forward… I imagine their defenders will get pretty nervous if the ball starts hitting the deck deep in our forward line… Max hasn't been outmarked too often this year, Membrey pretty good at making a contest.

You'd regret eating a vindaloo with Butler, Hind, Gresham, Kent and even Sinclair swarming around your feet.

Their small defenders are pretty top shelf too.

Hunter Clark is really impressing me ... his ability to de-materialise on one side of a pack and rematerialise on the other side is absolutely other-worldly ... not even sure Rankine (with Bruce tugging on his every move) can outdo THAT sort of magic.

Stunning to think he's not even at 40 games ... has so much potential yet to tap - could be one of the great Saints if he has a decent run with injury through his career.
Clark has that ability that Harvey and Pendles has shown, the ability to just make time slow down around him and execute the right kick and handball when the pressure is really on.

You cannot teach the composure that he has

On a side topic for this game. From a commercial perspective for our sponsors it's good that our off field management are on the ball and got this game swapped from the original fixture. At the end of Rd 13 we will be 5-8 for "home" games.
This affects game signage so good that Matt and his team are onto it.

just watching the richmond v port game 3rd Q ...exciting game pressure and break neck intensity...worth the watch to compare with our own effort...we are right up there but sh*t we are going to have to sustain that speed and pressure..the one thing we lack in my estimation is size in terms of body weight...they dont get any smaller or lighter as the games progress esp finals ... wwe really need some more muscle in the mids

I only saw a quarter, but it looks to me like Port have taken our gameplan. That's what the "good" teams seem to do, copy the plans of the winning teams from the first third of the season.

On a side topic for this game. From a commercial perspective for our sponsors it's good that our off field management are on the ball and got this game swapped from the original fixture. At the end of Rd 13 we will be 5-8 for "home" games.
This affects game signage so good that Matt and his team are onto it.
Plus with our better form and attractive game style, we've been getting more FTA games in the latest schedule releases which is great for the sponsors as well.

Week leading into our port game i thought they were ripe to be picked off, get the same feeling with geelong.

Think we match up well, if we get our mids first use which we should, we can keep them chasing tail. Although if geelong clean with disposal, all our pressure will be meaningless, we need to keep the pressure gauge up the whole game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their small defenders are pretty top shelf too.
Tough game but we can win if we play with the hunger to win.
Our team if we can get the overlap we will be too fast for the old cats.

Bilcavs (29yrs 4mths)- Henderson(30yrs 7mths)- Henry(22yr)
Tuohy (30yr 7mths)- Taylor (34yrs 1mth)- Stewart (27yrs 4mths)
OLD and slow

Menegola
(28yrs 5mths)- Duncan(29yrs 1mth)- O'Connor(23yrs 6mths)

Stanley
(30) Dangerfield(30) Selwood(32)Steven(30) Hawkins(32)Rohan (29)

On paper the Cats look great , but they can be exploited if we use of run , speed and overlap.

This the game Hill needs to really use his run and if he can create the overlap and spot pass the forwards we could take them apart.

Of course Dangerfield , Duncan , Hawkins are very good , but we win the ruck and get first use of the ball Geelong are going to have a tough day.

Pretty hard to catch some guy that is just to quick and we have speed and a lot of the guys have the power to run all game.

We let Geelong play there game we will lose , we play our game we win .

OLD and slow

Menegola

Stanley

On paper the Cats look great , but they can be exploited if we use of run , speed and overlap.

This the game Hill needs to really use his run and if he can create the overlap and spot pass the forwards we could take them apart.

Of course Dangerfield , Duncan , Hawkins are very good , but we win the ruck and get first use of the ball Geelong are going to have a tough day.

Pretty hard to catch some guy that is just to quick and we have speed and a lot of the guys have the power to run all game.

Wow I didn’t realise the Cats have got so old .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have been predicting pretty close games but for this one I’m sensing a big win for the Saints . So Saints by 150,750 points in a slightly one sided affair . Winx will bring up his 100 goals during the game .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

OLD and slow

Menegola

Stanley

Bilcavs will have the athleticism to go with King so it will be on the smalls - Butler, Hind and Kent - to all use their superior speed here.

Battle to Stewart, Josh wouldn’t have to sacrifice his game, but with height, weight & football intuity would overcome anything Stewart has to offer.
As former politician Don Chipp said “keep the bastards honest”

I only saw a quarter, but it looks to me like Port have taken our gameplan. That's what the "good" teams seem to do, copy the plans of the winning teams from the first third of the season.

I love how Clarkson whines about how dire and depressing the game is and makes it so with his gameplan, meanwhile all the improving clubs and the last premier play upbeat attacking footy. The journos and AFL listen to Clarkson and try to find ways to make the rules more confusing meanwhile the top sides just get on with the job while the dour teams all wallow at the bottom.

Teams that play up tempo attacking footy are Tigers, Port, Brisbane, Saints, Geelong, Essendon, Carlton, Goldy.

The worst culprits in making the game a grinding dirge, Hawks, Pies, Swans, North, GWS somewhat.

Funny enough the four fastest ball movers are in the top 4 positions on the ladder. But you just know that the AFL will do something s**t with the rules because they are always 2 seasons behind what is happening.

I think we need to really have a hard tackling game -we were a bit loose against the GC and let them run off us too easy.
After seeing the Tigers Power game, completely agree. There is something to be said for your offense coming from a strong defense. You set yourself up as a team through your defensive actions and pressure. The rest stems from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back