Review Round 11, 2020 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I seem to remember certain comments about Ladhams during and after the loss to the Saints, that he shouldn't be in the side - I may even have read he should never be given another chance. Safe to say the doubters have been silenced.

Dixon has set shot ipps there's no doubt about it looks like he's mentally frazzled lining up, surely it's not hard for the runner just to say take up the time, don't lean on the kick & just kick through it.

Not a relaxed approach at all.. tense, stiff armed fck me he's a nice kick just correct the mindset.

Marshall will need to look at how ladhams commits himself to the drop of the ball

Marshall is way more talented but Ladhams way more committed
I saw it differently

ladhams wasn’t in good positions to take those marks at all. Made it all the more extraordinary that he clunked him. Was pure reach, judgment and hands. Committed way too late on several occasions.To their detriment Richmond defenders went into the game with zero respect for ladhams and he made them pay.
How Hartlett didn't make the bests i'll never know. He was massive.
he was
Had a couple of howlers early that I was very disappointed in though.

Oh s**t. I didn’t catch that he struck him. Though it was an accidental clash in the contest

that has to be looked at. Clearly struck him in the balls as he’s running away. You’ve got to make a statement that you can’t do that.

Their premiership drought hits 8000 days on Friday week, and that number may triple before they win another one.
look forward to posting this in another 5 years or so

IMG_3789.jpg

I seem to remember certain comments about Ladhams during and after the loss to the Saints, that he shouldn't be in the side - I may even have read he should never be given another chance. Safe to say the doubters have been silenced.
yeah, strange remarks. he's struggled in the ruck against monsters from time to time, but around the ground has been very very impressive.
now showing he can play forward as well.

bring back the dreads!

Dixon has set shot ipps there's no doubt about it looks like he's mentally frazzled lining up, surely it's not hard for the runner just to say take up the time, don't lean on the kick & just kick through it.

Not a relaxed approach at all.. tense, stiff armed fck me he's a nice kick just correct the mindset.

yeah he was stiff as when he went for set shot #3. ffs mate you're 20m out directly in front. i could kick that.

Shouldn’t get carried away with the last quarter. They were off a four day break. That’s tough. Both sides off a 7 day break, we don’t roll over them like that.

That said, can’t end a post tonight on a negative. We had an advantage in ruck and in the centre square that we took full advantage of. They will have to address that if they hope to beat us. I don’t think adding Nankervis and Edwards is going to make the difference.

I saw it differently

ladhams wasn’t in good positions to take those marks at all. Made it all the more extraordinary that he clunked him. Was pure reach, judgment and hands. Committed way too late on several occasions.To their detriment Richmond defenders went into the game with zero respect for ladhams and he made them pay.
he was
Had a couple of howlers early that I was very disappointed in though.

Oh sh*t. I didn’t catch that he struck him. Though it was an accidental clash in the contest

that has to be looked at. Clearly struck him in the balls as he’s running away. You’ve got to make a statement that you can’t do that.

He was just going for a little grope (as the Richmond players do) and got a little over exuberant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s pretty simple. Don’t think about it.
Just kick it mean-fully and instinctively. Don’t think....

A lot of learnings out of this one:

- Ladhams playing up forward gives us another look and stretches teams big time. He also dominates against chop out rucks when moved on the ball. Must keep this structure.

- the game plan is strong and can win big games. Brave ball movement is key and we have so many good ball users on the rebound. ( I never thought I’d say that!)

- there is a heap of room for improvement. We didn’t play the perfect game by any means, we kept at it when it wasn’t going our way and worked back into the game. Goal kicking couldn’t have been worse, we have Rozee, Burton, Marshall as genuine best 22 to come back in.

we’re in it up to our necks this year. It’s time to believe!!!!!

We had
Tbh after their 4 day break that is what should have happened (maybe not scoreless but we should have dominated) and would really question port if we did not dominate. Even prior to 3/4 our poor finish on goal is what made it look a closer contest than it was.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We had 13 hours more lol that 4 day break is a piss poor excuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back