Review Round 11, 2020 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

It was fantastic to be at the game. If we kicked straight would have been 6+ goal win. But Richmond were good. The last qtr was elite pressure. The 2nd quarter voice in crowd was unbelievable with those howler decisions in Richmond forward line when dusty pushed clurey in back and riewoldt dropped footy. But we are composed this year. Good 4 points. Tigers supporters bang on being a powerhouse club. Well, be gracious in defeat. Some posters are embarrassing

What a game! It's been a long time since I have really enjoyed a game of AFL to that extent. It had everything.

Credit to Hinkley and the coaching panel is very warranted. I still am not totally sold on what Ken does but credit where credit is due.

How was the pressure? I haven't seen us hunt like that for so long and it's been even longer in not only hunting the player/ball but actually crunching and sticking the tackles. Superb stuff.

Most players had their moments in the sun today and overall it was an awesome and well earned result. Still a couple of areas that need some attention, so hopefully the coaches will be brave and continue to look at those areas too.

Boak was in everything. Created, ran hard, won contest after contest. Ollie is playing damn good footy too at the moment. But the one I'm really enjoying watch is SPP. He might not rack up the numbers like other mids do but wow, his repeat efforts to make a contest, bring the heat and absolute gut running to make sure he is involved as often as possible is a treat to watch. He's a very important part of who we are now.

Zac - I'll just smile, a lot. Very impressive.

Jonas and Hartlett are also both playing excellent footy and are really setting a standard in hard, team first footy. So, so good.

So many showed they have it in them to compete with the better sides under finals-like pressure and that should hold us in a good place going forward.

Well done to all involved at the PAFC today. It's been a long wait but today is the first time in a while I actually could see some real growth in our beliefs and our want to compete at that level.

It never got too hard at all.

Shouldn’t get carried away with the last quarter. They were off a four day break. That’s tough. Both sides off a 7 day break, we don’t roll over them like that.

That said, can’t end a post tonight on a negative. We had an advantage in ruck and in the centre square that we took full advantage of. They will have to address that if they hope to beat us. I don’t think adding Nankervis and Edwards is going to make the difference.
We won off of a 4 day break

Shouldn’t get carried away with the last quarter. They were off a four day break. That’s tough. Both sides off a 7 day break, we don’t roll over them like that.

That said, can’t end a post tonight on a negative. We had an advantage in ruck and in the centre square that we took full advantage of. They will have to address that if they hope to beat us. I don’t think adding Nankervis and Edwards is going to make the difference.
We were off a four day break. Hardly much difference given the current circumstances. They were lucky we didn’t kick straight.

Dixon has set shot ipps there's no doubt about it looks like he's mentally frazzled lining up, surely it's not hard for the runner just to say take up the time, don't lean on the kick & just kick through it.

Not a relaxed approach at all.. tense, stiff armed fck me he's a nice kick just correct the mindset.
I noticed down the southern end that when Charlie was lining up for his shots there were three Tigers on the mark with a further two on the goal line. All five were waving their arms and jumping up and down. Is this legal? It certainly seems to put Charlie off his game, but he is a experienced player and this should not cause him to have the yips so bad. And yes it will cost us games!

Best game of football this year by far! There has been some closer & more exciting games, but this was premium finals footy in round 10. The fact that it was Port dishing it out to the premiers made it so special!

Richmond without 6 of the first 22 player ... So just about every Richmond supporter has thrown out, But Port were minus:
Marshall
Burton
Rozee
Motlop
Ebert
Mayes
Westhoff

This was a special effort IMO, and a number of player were still nowhere near their best!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great team pressure.
Most that have seen Ladhams play for the Magpies over the years would've quietly had confidence that given game time he was likely to get up to this level.
We have improved.
We will finish top and that means that we MUST make the GF.

It was fantastic to be at the game. If we kicked straight would have been 6+ goal win. But Richmond were good. The last qtr was elite pressure. The 2nd quarter voice in crowd was unbelievable with those howler decisions in Richmond forward line when dusty pushed clurey in back and riewoldt dropped footy. But we are composed this year. Good 4 points. Tigers supporters bang on being a powerhouse club. Well, be gracious in defeat. Some posters are embarrassing

Sounded bloody loud for 10k. Credit to everyone at the game

Write a bit more later but the most poignant thing that stood out to me was that we didn't drop our bundle after missing easy goals. Same with the Carlton game. In previous years our wastefulness would drive a stake through our hearts and we'd visibly drop heaps.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Loving how Ladhams is doing being a Norwood Supporter. Didn’t see him a lot at Norwood as we had Bauldy and Dawe. So 19 year old ladhams had to play in the ressies. I had no idea how good he was going to turn out. Wish we drafted him now. One of many mistakes like Not selecting butters and Duursma in the draft and leaving them for you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back