Review Round 11, 2021: Box Hill v Aspley @ BHCO, Sat 1:00pm

westhawk

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know he struggled in his two AFL games but it's reached the point where I think we need to be giving Jeka consistent exposure at senior level. 4.2, 20 disposals (18 kicks), 11 marks and 8 Inside 50s.
Play him at CHF as well, we played him too deep in his 2 games. He is such a good mover with great kicking skills off both sides, he suits playing higher up the ground.

The Cleaner

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes but that wasn't the question. The question was why did they only learn today that the afl site tracks vfl stats. Obviously the VFL have always tracked VFL stats, they've just been poor at reporting it live until recently.
Not sure why you’d bother to nitpick this, amidst a perfectly entertaining match thread. I simply don’t care that the original question was AFL app related. I added to the conversation with related details about the vastly improved VFL app and stats. This may well be of interest to some people reading a VFL thread.

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
Aspley were so lippy at the start of the match and a lot was directed at Brockman, who lost his cool a few times. Erin Wasley-Black has perfected the fall flat in your back when pushed in the chest. About the only thing he could do as he seemed to struggle to play football. Didn’t hear much chatter from them in the second half. Totally outplayed and stuffed by the end.

Connor Nash was very good, Hanrahan and Reeves in the middle have good synergy, loved Jeka’s game took some great contested marks, and Brooksby was great once again.

After quarter time, where we failed to lower our eyes and just bombed it, we were clearly the better side and if we were accurate should have won by a lot more.

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Saw the last 45 mins live.
Finn was moving well had a nice clearance and deliver well. Was not tagging
Hartley is a freak - does not stop taking. Very positive around the younger boys. Can see why they would want him around the club.
Hanrahan is so unfit. Is totally stuffed after each contest. Put a line though him. EDIT just saw how much ball he got fore zi arrived so he may be excused.
BH were well on top not a lot of pressure coming from Aspley.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
Any observations on Maginness and Brockman from those attending?

Maginness was ok , not outstanding but did some nice things , his body use around the contest is good.

I was pleased with Brockman , after he was targeted in the first quarter he could have dropped his bundle but he showed some good energy in the second half. He wasn’t effective but he made some good team decisions in the last where he could have blazed away but passed to others in better positions. Missed a goal he should have kicked in the first.

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
Saw the last 45 mins live.
Finn was moving well had a nice clearance and deliver well. Was not tagging
Hartley is a freak - does not stop taking. Very positive around the younger boys. Can see why they would want him around the club.
Hanrahan is so unfit. Is totally stuffed after each contest. Put a line though him.
BH were well on top not a lot of pressure coming from Aspley.

RE Hartley he got stuck into Saunders for fumbling at a crucial time which I didn’t feel was helpful. Saunders knew he stuffed up. Cost us a shot on goal which was a point. Hartley then took the kick out which he kicked straight to Aspley inside 50m. Needed to call himself out after that.

I thought Hanrahan ran it out ok.

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
RE Hartley he got stuck into Saunders for fumbling at a crucial time which I didn’t feel was helpful. Saunders knew he stuffed up. Cost us a shot on goal which was a point. Hartley then took the kick out which he kicked straight to Aspley inside 50m. Needed to call himself out after that.

I thought Hanrahan ran it out ok.
Saunders was out of sorts today from what I saw. Hartley is a weird unit.

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Aspley were so lippy at the start of the match and a lot was directed at Brockman, who lost his cool a few times. Erin Wasley-Black has perfected the fall flat in your back when pushed in the chest. About the only thing he could do as he seemed to struggle to play football. Didn’t hear much chatter from them in the second half. Totally outplayed and stuffed by the end.

Connor Nash was very good, Hanrahan and Reeves in the middle have good synergy, loved Jeka’s game took some great contested marks, and Brooksby was great once again.

After quarter time, where we failed to lower our eyes and just bombed it, we were clearly the better side and if we were accurate should have won by a lot more.
Wasley-black was a flog. Hanrahan cleaned him up after a mark and he didn't come back

DeafHawk

Senior List
Aug 31, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congratulations HFC & Box Hill Hawks fantastic win well done boys. I'm from Horsham, missed out seeing Kayo live due to NBN faulty.

What role does he play for Box Hill? The same he's asked to play when hes called up to the afl side?
He has been playing midfield the last few weeks and has done exceptionally well there.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Back