Adduci 1
E.Phillips 1
Porter 1

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
I doubt Morris plays much forward for the rest of the year. He looked like a natural defender and made some ambitious kicks coming out of defense. Bodywork and marking looked good.

Brockman had a very good game. He had a great ability across half forward to wheel around and hit teammates. Played an unselfish game with the ball.

They were my Hawthorn listed standouts while Jeka could have been there with some accurate kicking. Anonymous first half but cam alive in the third. Pepper's pressure was great up forward and disrupted a lot of GC disposal. Reeves had an almost game before injuring his elbow (?)

Mitchell will be better for the run while Hartley and Brooksby were solid as expected.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One thing that was pleasing about Seamus's game was the 6 tackles. After missing 18 months it was always going to be a challenge adapting to the pace of things but one of his supposed biggest weaknesses in his draft year was defensive intent. Didn't seem that lacking today which is a massive positive given his other attributes.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
4 players on the Hawks list stood out today, Morris as a back flanker, Jeka marking everything, unfortunately goaless, but set up a couple goals, Reeves continuing his good form in the ruck this year and Brockman who even though he didnt have his best game just has deceptive speed and agility in tight, our Box Hill aligned guys are good too.

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Half time Box Hill 6.8.44 lead GC 2.5.17

- Reeves is winning most hitouts and has done some great stuff in the contest but he isn't getting clean hitouts to advantage.
- Hartley and Morris have been very solid behind the ball both defensively and going forward. Morris is still adjusting with a couple smothered kicks but I think a very promising first half in a new role.
- Brockman has played a solid all round game. Presenting up well and giving it off with some very clever disposal.
- I'd say Cousins and Saunders have both been good in spurts but the GC midfielders are on top of them on balance.
- Mitchell and Pepper have been buzzing around causing trouble with their pace and pressure. Very happy with the first half from Seamus :)
- Downie held as the fat side wing that Q and did a lot of unrewarded defensive running. He does a lot of little things right with his pressure, running, 1%ers but still isn't finding himself in clean position to use his kicking in space. His handballing in tight is good but I wish he was in tight less.
- Callow has been serviceable hitting some contests. Jeka has had a complete stinker. Dominated by his opponent and was very selfish in his second shot at goal. Wouldn't want him in ahead of Lewis on this performance.

Box Hill listed players have all played really well and the main reason our boys are on top by so much (along with GCs kicking for goal).
A friend of a friend just told me that Sam Mitchell informed Jeka of just how unhappy he was of his effort in the first half. He wasn’t the slightest bit surprised when he came out and played a much better second half

Aug 16, 2009
Behind you
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A friend of a friend just told me that Sam Mitchell informed Jeka of just how unhappy he was of his effort in the first half. He wasn’t the slightest bit surprised when he came out and played a much better second half
Good to hear he took it on board and responded in the right way

westhawk

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was probably in shock in the first half that a spud like Nash got gifted a game instead of himself who has played excellent footy since going back to Box Hill. Great that he responded well in the second half.

Rocket72

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Was probably in shock in the first half that a spud like Nash got gifted a game instead of himself who has played excellent footy since going back to Box Hill. Great that he responded well in the second half.

Think Nash is contracted for next year too, we gotta see what he's got. He has been playing well in the middle for Box Hill.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
4 players on the Hawks list stood out today, Morris as a back flanker, Jeka marking everything, unfortunately goaless, but set up a couple goals, Reeves continuing his good form in the ruck this year and Brockman who even though he didnt have his best game just has deceptive speed and agility in tight, our Box Hill aligned guys are good too.
Could you see a spot for Greene on our list? In the games I have watched he appears a class above. 6 today when everyone else could not handle the conditions.

Rocket72

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
And then Clarko puts him up forward where he has shown nothing on many occasions. I just don’t get it. If he has been playing well in the midfield, then give him a run there in the seniors.

agreed. We certainly need some help there

Back