Preview Round 11, 2021: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 29th May, 4:35PM AEST *ROSS 150TH* *CLAVARINO DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong have played Constable?

He's played 12 games in 3 and half years despite having dominant performances in the reserves.

Played the first few games and got dropped because he did not perform.

He's also had some high possesion games at times.

Gulden isn't an inside mid and has won a rising star nom .

Campbell has been dropped from the Swans.

Instead of comparing apples to oranges, show me how many inside mids that don't play other roles have continued to get a game aftwr averaging just 15 touches a game.

If you flick through all the sides current midfielders and compare their stats to Bytels right now it's hard to find anyone that has numbers that low. In fact I'm yet to find one. Even Dunstan who had a down year at 20-21 is ahead of him.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway, he's going to be delisted in a couple of years anyway, best not to get attached to players at the Saints. He'd be better off siting on the sidelines doing some study for life after footy.

To me we have ****ed the year so should blood kids but what do I know, I just watch the Saints do their elite development and get annoyed at nothing for fun.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm impressed that you've taken the time out of your day to go thru my posts.

I posted on here after listening to rats comments that changes need to be made after last week's effort, I look at the team list Thursday and nearly fall off my chair that the saints after the coach came out with that plus the way they played only drop 2 fringe players, which to me is piss poor.

Add to the fact that last year at Kilda were probably the most exciting team last year and after tuning into them this year, I've only seen them against the bombers, cats, port, dogs and tigers and they look nothing like the side of 2020 and you think why?

You go look at the list and see why.

My comments are based purely on the games I've seen and players, I'm not sure that's a troll

As for our little troll friend it turns out he goes to other teams' boards all the time to tell them how to run the club - he was on the Hawthorn board last week telling them who to trade and delist, etc - I haven't seen any posts recently on the Cats' board, he seems to frequent various local country leagues as well like Ovens Murray and Goulburn district. Begs the question - why on Earth did he come here just to tell us what he thinks we don't know but clearly we already do?

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Personally I love seeing the opinions of those who simply love footy. If they watch enough to have opinions on multiple teams and multiple leagues - they must love it. Nothing wrong with someone with a passion for the game giving their thoughts.
Yeah I love it too when it’s warranted. I watch multiple teams but I stay here or occasionally venture into the song contest or main bored to piss around there.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
I'm impressed that you've taken the time out of your day to go thru my posts.

I posted on here after listening to rats comments that changes need to be made after last week's effort, I look at the team list Thursday and nearly fall off my chair that the saints after the coach came out with that plus the way they played only drop 2 fringe players, which to me is piss poor.

Add to the fact that last year at Kilda were probably the most exciting team last year and after tuning into them this year, I've only seen them against the bombers, cats, port, dogs and tigers and they look nothing like the side of 2020 and you think why?

You go look at the list and see why.

My comments are based purely on the games I've seen and players, I'm not sure that's a troll
Troll, you have been found out

Its not great
Nah it's ammos level s**t. You don't see strong coaches and clubs with strong leadership do this stuff.

He basically threw emotion out there knowing it would resonate with the supporter base then didn't have the stones to follow through with it so he had to try and put the genie back in the bottle.

We talk too much s**t as a footy club. We need to be more measured. Two instances of it this week. Ratts and then the president.

We deserve better.

Hopefully we come out and belt the absolute shite out of norf and spring board from there.

Enough is enough.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

No matter what way you look at it. They completely f’ed the communication. Just not good enough.

Things change over the course of 6 days. Multiple injuries at training aren't forecast when he does the post match press conference.

I'm glad he has picked the best team to win with the players we have available over dropping someone just because he emotionally said something after the game. I'm surprised so many people feel differently.

Also, Ross has been playing better than Bytel it's just a foolish comment in the tweet.

Things change over the course of 6 days. Multiple injuries at training aren't forecast when he does the post match press conference.

I'm glad he has picked the best team to win with the players we have available over dropping someone just because he emotionally said something after the game. I'm surprised so many people feel differently.

Also, Ross has been playing better than Bytel it's just a foolish comment in the tweet.
That excuse would fly if we hadn't seen that type of comment before and the actions that came from it.

Honestly it's indefensible. Exactly like the comments from lethers and the president which do not line up. Nor the comments from ratten and the pres in the off-season to the comments this week.

The president tried to releave pressure by readjusting expectation instead of just seeing how the year panned out and holding the club to the expectation set before the last pre season.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Harsh call after 12 games
Nah, reckon he will be better than Acres, but just the way people are carrying on about him being dropped.
Thought he looked a bit lost last couple of games, and a game off will do him good.

I think he has got a bit. Byrnes as well.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
I think the dumb comment from Ratts today was around the review. Said it was "the best review I've seen in my time at St Kilda. We reviewed everything, the game, the program etc."

I think there comes a time where you just need to shut up and let the side go out and win. There has been a big response this week, the letter from the pres, Lethlean doing a press conference, you don't need to come out and talk about the review. Maybe it was honest, which is great, but did it work??? We won't know until we get results. So why tell the press?

I feel for Ratts in that he needs to sell the fans hope, but there's only one thing that will help now and that's results.

Nah, reckon he will be better than Acres, but just the way people are carrying on about him being dropped.
Thought he looked a bit lost last couple of games, and a game off will do him good.

I think he has got a bit. Byrnes as well.
Emotions run high after 111 point smashing, myself just disappointed it was the soft targets Lonie and Bytel. But time to move on, think both he and Byrnes will be very good players

Browny2Carlisle

Premiership Player
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bytel is the new Acres.

The GOP saviour. Typical St.kilda supporters.
Think Dunstan's the GOP saviour tbh.
But you're right alot of similarities between Bytel and acres.
Another mismanaged youngster dropped for perrenial gops. We should trade him and a bunch of picks for an absurdly overpaid wing who flees from contact

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think the dumb comment from Ratts today was around the review. Said it was "the best review I've seen in my time at St Kilda. We reviewed everything, the game, the program etc."

I think there comes a time where you just need to shut up and let the side go out and win. There has been a big response this week, the letter from the pres, Lethlean doing a press conference, you don't need to come out and talk about the review. Maybe it was honest, which is great, but did it work??? We won't know until we get results. So why tell the press?

I feel for Ratts in that he needs to sell the fans hope, but there's only one thing that will help now and that's results.
I hate how delusional I get prior to game day. I suddenly feel confident about the season being able to be resurrected. Maybe I’m buying what he’s selling. Or maybe I’m just batshit insane.

Well he's gonna look like a ******* idiot if the form line continues after the best review ever

I hate how delusional I get prior to game day. I suddenly feel confident about the season being able to be resurrected. Maybe I’m buying what he’s selling. Or maybe I’m just batshit insane.
Just bat 🦇 s**t insane 😉

Well he's gonna look like a ******* idiot if the form line continues after the best review ever

Painted himself into a corner somewhat.
I mean, where to from here if we actually drop this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back