Preview Round 11, 2021: St Kilda v North Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday May 29 @ 4:35pm (Replacement home game for members)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

they killed us on the spread but part of the reason they got so far ahead is all their inside 50s turned into goals while almost none of ours did. having some tall targets up forward might help to remedy that

Reason was lack of pressure on * inside 50s

Reason was lack of pressure on * inside 50s
Doesn't explain the other end of the ground though. Honestly there's just a bad combination of personnel issues (mostly due to availability), form issues, and gameplan issues that between them are causing both turnovers in horrendous spots of the ground and also preventing us from getting scoring shots in good positions. We've had a lot of quarters where we're pretty close to even on inside 50's and yet have been outscored heavily. All three issues I specified should largely resolve themselves over time, especially given the synergistic effects between them, but the only real short term solution is to drastically alter the gameplan/structures. For better or worse Noble has largely locked the gameplan in.

I'm not sure where I sit in terms of sacrificing short term benefit, changing the gameplan and structure, versus the long term benefit of players getting more experience within it. Better results/form now would/should translate into long term benefits in and of themselves, so it's a bit more complicated than just saying we need to be looking almost solely at the long term.

In terms of this week versus the saints I think the smart money would be them downhill skiing us into mush, but they genuinely have their own issues and if they're not switched on we have a reasonable chance of hanging on. With a mentally fragile team like that early scoreboard pressure is probably the best way to make it a done deal. Go hard in the first half trying to score and then turtle up at the start of the third term after they make their adjustments and have Ratten verbally flay them.

Would have thought Phillips and Xerri would come in after stellar VFL performances and the AFL team being dominated by a bottom 6 team. But alas let’s roll out the same lineup until the seasons finished, they’ll come good next week... or the week after... or

Would have thought Phillips and Xerri would come in after stellar VFL performances and the AFL team being dominated by a bottom 6 team. But alas let’s roll out the same lineup until the seasons finished, they’ll come good next week... or the week after... or
They will get there chances maybe after the bye round...

Going by Nobles presser Xerri won’t be selected

Regardless Saints are a Jekyll and Hyde. They will come out fired up. I’m not confident

Last edited:
Doesn't explain the other end of the ground though. Honestly there's just a bad combination of personnel issues (mostly due to availability), form issues, and gameplan issues that between them are causing both turnovers in horrendous spots of the ground and also preventing us from getting scoring shots in good positions. We've had a lot of quarters where we're pretty close to even on inside 50's and yet have been outscored heavily. All three issues I specified should largely resolve themselves over time, especially given the synergistic effects between them, but the only real short term solution is to drastically alter the gameplan/structures. For better or worse Noble has largely locked the gameplan in.

I'm not sure where I sit in terms of sacrificing short term benefit, changing the gameplan and structure, versus the long term benefit of players getting more experience within it. Better results/form now would/should translate into long term benefits in and of themselves, so it's a bit more complicated than just saying we need to be looking almost solely at the long term.

In terms of this week versus the saints I think the smart money would be them downhill skiing us into mush, but they genuinely have their own issues and if they're not switched on we have a reasonable chance of hanging on. With a mentally fragile team like that early scoreboard pressure is probably the best way to make it a done deal. Go hard in the first half trying to score and then turtle up at the start of the third term after they make their adjustments and have Ratten verbally flay them.

I guess he knows what he wants and isn’t diverting away from that path.
It’s better than flip flop scotts with his game plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious overrating of St.Kilda here.

Could make a case they are the second worst team in the comp. Getting smashed regularly.

They are also heavily stocked with front runners and downhill skiers so they could well work us over by a decent margin.

We are in with the same chance of a victory this week as we were last week. That didn’t work out well. North and Saints are flakey - like about 8 other teams in the competition.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They will rebound hard after last week. We should as well, but I don't have any confidence in us

Are we a bloody red hot chance tomorrow or what??

They are putrid

Definitely a chance. If Cunners can get on top in the middle, Saints will wilt. McKay head to head will belt that human orchid, Max King.

If we beat the Saints tomorrow then the fallout for the Saints will be a good read next week.
that's one of the things that has me hopin for a win each week, to read the "but holy s**t they lost to north" reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back