Autopsy Round 11, 2021: Suns burn Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's pretty simple for the rest of the year.
Select the team on attitude.
Couldn't care less if the balance is wrong and we get out played.
I think most will agree, one thing we shouldn't accept at Hawthorn, regardless of circumstances, is to be out tried.
Attitude means howe gets picked.

When there is no defensive pressure all over the ground and players do not know how to make a tackle stick, then you gradually deteriorate into a poor attacking team.

A mate at the game rang me and said the amount of times we ran beside a Gold Coast player (less than a metre away) instead of laying a tackle was astounding and hard to believe.

He said the lack of effort showed up at the ground massively and I replied “don’t worry it showed up clearly on the tv mate”

So we trade our best small forward for an end of 1st round pick and maybe get someone who is 75% as good as him ?

Just hypothetically speaking here:
How many more years do you think Breust will play? Say he plays for 3 more years before retiring, then by 2025 we have no player and no replacement value. If we trade now we get a player that COULD be as good as Breust (or better) that will be on the list for 10+ years. If we pick a dud in the draft then he may be off the list by 2025 too but that’s the worst case scenario, and is the same position (in 2025) that we’ll be in if we keep Breust.

A mate at the game rang me and said the amount of times we ran beside a Gold Coast player (less than a metre away) instead of laying a tackle was astounding and hard to believe.

He said the lack of effort showed up at the ground massively and I replied “don’t worry it showed up clearly on the tv mate”
perhaps we should get tackling drills done from the NRL clubs again (once this lockdown is down). Or the AFLW clubs

How many more years do you think Breust will play? Say he plays for 3 more years before retiring, then by 2025 we have no player and no replacement value. If we trade now we get a player that COULD be as good as Breust (or better) that will be on the list for 10+ years. If we pick a dud in the draft then he may be off the list by 2025 too but that’s the worst case scenario, and is the same position that we’ll be in if we keep Breust.
he was referencing the view of trading breust back end of 2016 (when he didn't want to go either) as not likely to work - and with clubs not trading fairly with us (jordan lewis for a 2nd round pick upgrade, mitchell for 88, hill for 2nd rounder) we would have been lucky to get a late 1st.

Now, (2021) would I trade breust for a late 1st - yep.

he was referencing the view of trading breust back end of 2016 (when he didn't want to go either) as not likely to work - and with clubs not trading fairly with us (jordan lewis for a 2nd round pick upgrade, mitchell for 88, hill for 2nd rounder) we would have been lucky to get a late 1st.

All good that’s my bad then. There have been a few people on here that seem to be clinging on to our older players and I just jumped to a conclusion

How many more years do you think Breust will play? Say he plays for 3 more years before retiring, then by 2025 we have no player and no replacement value. If we trade now we get a player that COULD be as good as Breust (or better) that will be on the list for 10+ years. If we pick a dud in the draft then he may be off the list by 2025 too but that’s the worst case scenario, and is the same position (in 2025) that we’ll be in if we keep Breust.

Hmmmm I think that ship sailed when we gave him a 5 year contract. What’s he worth to a club that needs a small forward at his age???? Pick 20-30 range I reckon.

Now we won’t be able to trade Breust for a 6 pack of Emu lager and a packet of chicken twisters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back