Review Round 11, 2021 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up the power 47 points...
Too easy....

8-3

Watch all the negative Nelly's come out to pRty...
Should have won by 100 points, we lack the ruthlessness the ‘Great’ sides have. We are ‘working towards’ being a Great team... tonight was the time to evolve.

‘Negative Nelly’ sure, I think I’m more or a ‘Realistic Riley’

I just want to know what happened to our ability to lock the ball in our forward half which we were renowned for last year.

Teams are just going end to end at ease now.

You got it. Need better defensive pressure in the forward line - it comes straight back out if we don’t get over the back or a mark

Well the first quarter was good at least
The first part of the first quarter.

Rest, meh. Except the backline which played 3 quarters of absolute crap. We conceded 16 shots in the first half. 16!

We were lucky they didn't kick straight really. Otherwiseould've been a lot tighter.

Overall some really nice stuff from the mids. A good early intensity, but our extremely poor team defence, poor forward press and really vulnerable back 6, made it into a very ugly game that we were lucky to get through.

We have serious structural issues as a side. A couple of the main ingredients that made us good have forsaken us and really I can't see us going anywhere until we can address them. Teams are transitioning the ball with ease against us, scoring way too easily and in general play if we lose the contested possession we are very poor at finding a way to apply pressure and create turnovers.

Biggest positive of a crappy night was Jones. Great game kid.

I just want to know what happened to our ability to lock the ball in our forward half which we were renowned for last year.

Teams are just going end to end at ease now.
Different forward 6, 3-4 bigs, Fantasia up there, etc.

Brain dead football for huge tracks of that game typical hinkley mind set. Just cant take control of a game with kern at the top.
good sides will tear kern to pieces

Remove this Banner Ad

Back