Preview Round 11, 2022: Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 7:40pm 28th May, TIO stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts too. Some saying Butler our best get from last years draft, others saying McDonald, others on the Ward wagon. One things for sure, although early days, it’s shaping like a helluva draft haul
Heard from a BHH player that he can’t wait to see Serong play for the Hawks as he reckons he’ll be something special when he’s 100% fit.

Great that Day has stayed.
I'm just hoping he's not a late out.... unless that ankle was really minor, they are usually a bit touchy for a while afterwards. I havent taken a lot of notice, but hasnt he been out with an ankle fairly recently as well? If so, you would expect them to be cautious.

JOM out and Worpel doesn't get an emergency spot. May be getting a spell at BH for a while.
Unlike others who have been managed, his output has been low, so they’d want to give him a game at Box Hill and get some confidence and form behind him.

I'm just hoping he's not a late out.... unless that ankle was really minor, they are usually a bit touchy for a while afterwards. I havent taken a lot of notice, but hasnt he been out with an ankle fairly recently as well? If so, you would expect them to be cautious.
The warm climate will do his ankle well 😬

JOM out and Worpel doesn't get an emergency spot. May be getting a spell at BH for a while.

The way he's been playing this year I wouldn't automatically assume that Proctor has him in the 22.

I do hope Worps heads back to the VFL and puts his head up and absolutely dominates for couple of weeks.

We all know his been struggling but a confident Worps is good for the team and the club

Oh I would absolutely like that too. I don't wish any ill will to Worps - just an observation on his less than stellar output this season.

Mitchell said this morning on SEN that he will play. Mitchell hasn't gone down the path with hiding injuries or playing games with the team named yet so I would be more trusting of what he says than most coaches

Worried about Gold Coast both with their talent but maybe being use to a bit more of the humidity. The Darwin Afl games ussually aren't really the smoothest at the start as players get used to the humidity and a bit of slickness on the ball.

Glad to see the boys are getting prepared for the slickness let's hope it pays off

Mitchell said this morning on SEN that he will play. Mitchell hasn't gone down the path with hiding injuries or playing games with the team named yet so I would be more trusting of what he says than most coaches
Must say, Mitch has been super impressive not only from a coaching perspective but also from how he has handled himself in the media so far. After the way things ended last year, it's a credit to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must say, Mitch has been super impressive not only from a coaching perspective but also from how he has handled himself in the media so far. After the way things ended last year, it's a credit to him.
Just like Clarko, he's great to listen to also.
You always come away finding out some new bit of info about some different facet of the club/players or his coaching philosophy.

Hopefully the midfield rotation is - the Duke, Mitchell, Wingard, Nash, MacDonald and Day.

Surely MacDonald sees some significant midfield time with Worpel, JOM and Ward out. Nash will likely have to play some ruck too.
I get the feeling his clean hands could be vital in the clinches for us if we're going to have a sniff at this one.

Just like Clarko, he's great to listen to also.
You always come away finding out some new bit of info about some different facet of the club/players or his coaching philosophy.
Actually I found Clarko's press conferences to be a bit meh towards the end of his tenure. He was such a professional coach all he would give the press was one of his favourite cliches "another solider, more polish, etc".

Whereas Sam seems to be refreshingly honest about where he thinks the list is and how he is going about building the team in his image. He doesn't go overboard but I feel like we have a real insight into what is happening within the club.

Actually I found Clarko's press conferences to be a bit meh towards the end of his tenure. He was such a professional coach all he would give the press was one of his favourite cliches "another solider, more polish, etc".

Whereas Sam seems to be refreshingly honest about where he thinks the list is and how he is going about building the team in his image. He doesn't go overboard but I feel like we have a real insight into what is happening within the club.

Agree. Clarko was always umming, aahing and saying a whole lot of nothing because he loved a cliche. I think outside of the media obligations he is pretty good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back