Preview Round 11, 2022: Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 7:40pm 28th May, TIO stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying up there for this one! First time I've seen a game in Darwin.

Anyone have any tips on how/when to get to the stadium etc?

Flying up there for this one! First time I've seen a game in Darwin.

Anyone have any tips on how/when to get to the stadium etc?

It's about a 15-20 minute drive from the city. If you are driving in, you want to give yourself a bit of time, there's not many ways in/out of the Marrara precinct so tends turn into a bit of a snarl while people find parking spots etc (getting out at the end of the night takes longer). Probably allow 20 mins to park - I think there are some big vacant lots where you can pay to park, but a lot of people just park on the side of the road - and another 15-20 to get into the ground (in case there is a queue)

You could also get dropped off on Lee Point Rd, close to the McMillans Road intersection and cross over into Marrara and walk. It's about 10-15 mins to the stadium I guess. Getting home might be a headache, though, without a car. I've never tried it :sweatsmile:

If you have seats in the grandstand, try to wander out the back, toward the food sellers/bar etc, around sunset, it's usually a pretty speccy view from there.

Last edited:
Ward probably gets a week in the VFL from concussion and comes back against Collingwood.

Day a test but rest him this week and bring back Scrim.

Callow for Lynch and have Kosi and he rotating ruck.

MacDonald for Howe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see Finn come back in for Howe, didnt see much from howe on the weekend and i liked the way finn was tracking
Callow in for Lynch
Mcdonald for Day if Scrimshaw not ready
Give Ward a proper run at box hill if he is back from his concussion

Have we won an inside 50 count this season yet ? That might be something to aim for shortly.

As for this game we'll get absolutely smashed in the ruck but need to find a way to not make it clean exit from stoppage situation as much as possible. If we can do that then they'll be kicking into the F50 under pressure and we'll have the chance to rebound and launch our own attacks in transition which is where we thrive at times.

IN: Scrimshaw, Callow, MacDonald

OUT: Lynch, Day, Howe (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frost, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Bramble

HF: Wingard, Koschitzke, Butler

F: Breust, Lewis, Moore

R: Callow, O’Meara, Newcombe

INT: Impey, Nash, Shiels, MacDonald, Long (Sub)

Have we won an inside 50 count this season yet ? That might be something to aim for shortly.

As for this game we'll get absolutely smashed in the ruck but need to find a way to not make it clean exit from stoppage situation as much as possible. If we can do that then they'll be kicking into the F50 under pressure and we'll have the chance to rebound and launch our own attacks in transition which is where we thrive at times.
Has Lynch been declared unavailable yet? Sam said he was fine but could be a case of delayed concussion. We will spend quite a bit of the week planning for the no recognised ruck scenario if it eventuates. Different to the Geelong game when it happened during the game and early and we had to adapt quickly. Witts will win 95 per cent of the hitouts. If we plan correctly there not going to just walk it out of there though. Wouldn't be surprised if Dew instructs their mids to be on the move at all times so he hits it in their path and their away. It could have a big say in the outcome if we allow it. Hoping that's not the case.

Has Lynch been declared unavailable yet? Sam said he was fine but could be a case of delayed concussion. We will spend quite a bit of the week planning for the no recognised ruck scenario if it eventuates. Different to the Geelong game when it happened during the game and early and we had to adapt quickly. Witts will win 95 per cent of the hitouts. If we plan correctly there not going to just walk it out of there though. Wouldn't be surprised if Dew instructs their mids to be on the move at all times so he hits it in their path and their away. It could have a big say in the outcome if we allow it. Hoping that's not the case.
Lynch ruled out.

Lynch ruled out.
Games like this is where the 3rd man up would be extremely beneficial. Your not going to see a fair contest on Saturday night let's be Frank. Should be looked at in the future again for situations such as this when your whole ruck stocks get wiped out. Before anyone says we should have at least 4 on the books to avoid it happening name a club that actually has 4?.

My one thought, and could be wrong about this, is that it will be awefully dewy being an NT game at night.

It might minimise our losses in the ruck Vs witt, if we focus on sharking the taps.
Agree. It's going to be super humid conditions. Ball will skid across the deck all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back