Preview Round 11, 2022: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 29th May, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 60 82.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see it happening, given the state of North. Losing to them would really hurt; it should be a chance to really increase the percentage.
Wood.
295340.png

Unfortunately our mids and half forwards don’t kick enough goals. I’m still very happy with how we are going because I don’t think we are a top 4 side this year.
Seems like your describing what OWENS already seems to be capable of...26 touches two goals in VFL...a mid who can be hard at it and get the numbers and kick goals
Wouldn't he be first in line?

I’d be stunned if we risked Higgo, given what seems to be mounting evidence that you’re unlikely to be fully recovered from a concussion for up to a month, we’re playing a bottom 2 team, have the bye next week and he’s had brain issues.

Just no.

Hunter Clark in is a no-brainer and hopefully to spend a good chunk of that time in the midfield. Would be cool if he and Sincs could rotate between there and HB if we don’t want Hunter to play there exclusively.

With him due back I suspect he takes the place of one of the 3 who have been playing wing all year, given the fact Hunter can play wing, and his inclusion into the midfield could push others out to the wings at times.

All 3 put themselves in a bit of jeopardy with 10-13 disposal games.

Wood is the only one of the 3 who looks remotely like hitting the scoreboard on anything like a regular basis though, and we’re relying on too few to do that as it is, so he’s probably safe. Especially after 20 disposal games in each of the previous 3 weeks and the fact we’re playing his old team.

Ratts said something about us still not necessarily having the ideal setup yet, so that says to me that we’re not convinced that the 4 marking targets up forward is the way to go. So Coops could be in strife for one of Higgins, Butler, Byrnes, or Owens.

They must be mighty bloody tempted to bring Highmore in. You’d think there would be a bunch of other clubs who would love to pick him in their team this week.

Last edited:

We must pick Highmore.

He is in great form, whereas Webster and Paton are iffy.

If you don't reward 2s form, they all lose incentive and become disgruntled (see Dunstan last year).

Highmore offers great intercept marking, plays tall and small and has great skills. He is an upgrade on Paton currently and should play for that reason.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know we are winning but i still have several concerns
We need a better spread of goal kickers , we rely way to much on Max
Need to start playing for four quarters as you cant beat the good sides playing half a game every week
We need to learn to be ruthless and bury teams
A few more but those are the main ones for me
When was the last time Melbourne played 4 quarters ?

I’d be stunned if we risked Higgo, given what seems to be mounting evidence that you’re unlikely to be fully recovered from a concussion for up to a month, we’re playing a bottom 2 team, have the bye next week and he’s had brain issues.

Just no.

Hunter Clark in is a no-brainer and hopefully to spend a good chunk of that time in the midfield. Would be cool if he and Sincs could rotate between there and HB if we don’t want Hunter to play there exclusively.

With him due back I suspect he takes the place of one of the 3 who have been playing wing all year, given the fact Hunter can play wing, and his inclusion into the midfield could push others out to the wings at times.

All 3 put themselves in a bit of jeopardy with 10-13 disposal games.

Wood is the only one of the 3 who looks remotely like hitting the scoreboard on anything like a regular basis though, and we’re relying on too few to do that as it is, so he’s probably safe. Especially after 20 disposal games in each of the previous 3 weeks and the fact we’re playing his old team.

Ratts said something about us still not necessarily having the ideal setup yet, so that says to me that we’re not convinced that the 4 marking targets up forward is the way to go. So Coops could be in strife for one of Higgins, Butler, Byrnes, or Owens.

They must be mighty bloody tempted to bring Highmore in. You’d think there would be a bunch of other clubs who would love to pick him in their team this week.
Yep, risking Higgins against the bottom side when we have a bye the week after would be stupidity.

The Adelaide game was not a good indicator of anything apart from the team, especially the midfield, being second to the ball and not being switched on for much of the match, but at least put a big effort in the last quarter. The only change I would make is to leave out NWM who is still learning the caper, and maybe bring in a harder body.

Last edited:
We must pick Highmore.

He is in great form, whereas Webster and Paton are iffy.

If you don't reward 2s form, they all lose incentive and become disgruntled (see Dunstan last year).

Highmore offers great intercept marking, plays tall and small and has great skills. He is an upgrade on Paton currently and should play for that reason.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree to a point but when the side's winning it comes down to injuries opening the door as with Dunstan we wern't winning at the start of the year so he had a legitmate case.

It's amazing how many selections are made on 1 performance,Longy for instance has 1 bad game 5 good one's yet let's drop him come on, Paton,Webster stay in it's called team balance otherwise you'll have Sinclair & Hill as your med to smalls.
I reckon Highmore could play on medium-small forwards if he was to replace one

Yep, risking Higgins against the bottom side when we have a bye the week after would be stupidity.

It really depends on why we sat him out. They said they took him out to be extra careful. It sounds like it was on the low end so it might have already been extra cautious to leave him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knock off for the bye and we drop a game we should win.
This, like the Port game would be a disaster and will undo all the good wins over Geelong and Adelaide, could derail the season.
We win, we go in confident after the bye we can even make the four, lose and we are back in the pack, confidence not as high, looking just to make the eight.
Most important game of the season IMO.

Brad Crouch has stepped up and I look forward to him doing so again.

It really depends on why we sat him out. They said they took him out to be extra careful. It sounds like it was on the low end so it might have already been extra cautious to leave him out.
Pretty sure they mentioned he failed the test?

Pretty sure they mentioned he failed the test?
He had delayed symptoms didn’t he? That’s why he went off a quarter after he received the knock and told them he wasn’t right. So he must have had actual concussion symptoms this time.

The other risk is that if he comes back in this week and cops another knock so soon after his last one, that’s apparently all kinds of bad.

Obviously the risk of that happening is not high, but it’s not like we need him back urgently, so why take that risk.

Most over used word on forum "Most important game of the year"

They’re all important from here really! We’re not playing the ‘seemingly unbeatable’ side for the rest of the year which means we should be a very good shot in every game we play.

The teams way below us we have to win cos it’s a waste otherwise. The teams around us we have to win cos they’re 8 point games!

So yeah. Every game from here on is the most important of the season. One week at a time haha

It doesn't depend on why they sat him out since it was enough to pull him out in the first place.
It's the difference between 2 weeks or 4 weeks recovery time and it depends on professionalism, conscientiousness and decency from the selection committee.

Against the bottom team, with plenty of alternatives, you just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back