Preview Round 11, 2022: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 29th May, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 60 82.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok with the structure. We fixed up lots of the issues we were having after quarter time last night. Minus seven in clearance at quarter time. Ended up minus seven for the match so broke even after then. Crouch, Ross, Gresham and Jones are still going to be the main four mids even if we bring another one in. I think we just need to give those four some time to adjust to not having Steele in there.

It is exciting though to have four genuine possibilities in Clark, Byrnes, Owens and Bytel playing in the VFL today. Elite VFL midfield and makes today a bit of a shoot out for them to see who can assert themselves as next cab.

I'd probably bring Clark in and find a spot for him one way or another. We still lack some class and he can do it on the inside and outside. Hopefully he has a strong game today.

I reckon the coaches should and will straight up be telling our mids in the VFL, “we need to bring in another midfield with Steeley out, whoever dominates the most today gets that opportunity”.

Then let Bytel, Byrnes, Clark and Owens show what the all have. Clark you’d think will be the first choice, but I could see any of Owens, Bytel and Byrnes seriously pressing their case.

Btw, Dan Butler playing VFL. Interesting to see if that does anything to his form. If he has an ok game and we don’t bring him back against North then we can assume he’s out of the side due to both injury and form.

Would love to see Highmore somehow break in as well. Not sure how and who for but, he’s been in ripping form.

Today in the VFL, and next week against North should both be a lot of fun viewing - enjoy!

Very much looking forward to the VFL to see who earns the spots next week.

I don't care how cocky it is, realistically this should be a bloodbath North are barely AFL quality. Time for the team to get it's bigboy pants on and dominate an opposition when we're expected to.

North looked OK against Melbourne yesterday and were competitive against them for most of the game so it may not be as easy as people think.

That being said if we are serious about being a top 4 side we should still beat them comfortably and hopefully get a healthy percentage booster.

Need to really keep driving improvement and look to make the team better next week. When it is all said and done we were very lucky to get away with the win last night. Wilkie, Hill and King kept us in it and a few cameos when it mattered got us over the line. Long 4 possessions and only two tackles on the back of a 9 touch game v Geelong. Reckon he gave away more frees than he had touches. Probably has a few credits this season but if Butler is right he is in trouble I reckon. If Highmore plays well today then Webster or maybe even Paton makes way. Both have looked shaky. Lots of love for Sharman on these pages but he has had little impact and to be honest was just going at VFL level when he got the call up. I know it’s about team balance but I sense we need to make a few changes next week.

What style of player is Allison? Haven't followed him at all

Shame Byrnes doesn't have a little more polish

he's a bit like dmac in the sense he's an athletic agile type, but he's much taller and doesn't have the defencive side dmac has.

he's more a wood if i was gonna draw a comparison

Hunts looking good for Sandy at the moment, seems to be moving better, much cleaner than last round, I’d expect him in for his first game of the year this week.

Byrnes, Lienart, Heath also playing great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a natural forward but still developing. Still spending a lot of time in different positions, has had a stint down back and still goes through the wing.

Not a high impact player yet but he's starting to do some impressive things.

I hate to say it but i think Byrnes is going to be a very good VFL player and that's about it , gets it a bit but doesn't do any damage and is messy by foot

I dunno if we will bring him in or not but Mitch Owens is taking the piss for Sandy today, bursting through traffic, kicking goals, taking pack marks, he looks amazing for a kid his age, been playing well for 5-6 weeks now at Sandy, has to be close.
Think bringing him in against north is a good idea. They have a few good contested ball players. Would love to see mitchito on greenwood

I’d love to bring Owens in as a forward.

Applies pressure ✅
Wins the contested ball ✅
Can kick set shots ✅
Can take hangers ✅
Can crumb and kick crafty goals ✅

Clark should come in as a mid. He just has innate classiness and evasion.

Wouldn’t say no to Byrnes either he’s a hard worker, racks up touches in the VFL.

Byrnes & Bytel the great hopes that look like they will be overtaken by a couple of teenagers - Windy & Owens.

Hard to know but they need to demand spots in the side. Byrnes is doing his best to get back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back