Autopsy Round 11, 2022: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Well let’s win the flag then. Easy.
Just meant that it’s certainly possible to do that while playing the kids and managing to do that elevates those kids into hardened afl players instantly. Like getting a pawn all the way to the end of the board in chess. If we can manage to do that with our lot we instantly improve our list internally. Just need to carry Owens, Sharman, Windy, Nas there and win

8-3 at the bye, good times.

The pies beating the blues to have us top 4 at the bye, good times.

Weitering out for a while derailing the Blues season in the process leading in to the bye, good times.

Lucked the timing before the mid season draft though. This happened at just the right time to bring in a mature top up defender.

Just meant that it’s certainly possible to do that while playing the kids and managing to do that elevates those kids into hardened afl players instantly. Like getting a pawn all the way to the end of the board in chess. If we can manage to do that with our lot we instantly improve our list internally. Just need to carry Owens, Sharman, Windy, Nas there and win

I think we probably play 2 next game but doubt all 4. Nas is too good to leave out off that match. Owens the next best.

also just wanted to point out on the topic of our kids being such good value.

JHF was pick 1. Predicted to be the next Sam Walsh/Rowell in terms of impact as being an AFL player early.

15 touches, 5 tackles, 4 marks 1 behind

Mitch Owens AND Windy we got for a second round essentially

Owens

14 touches, 10 tackles, 3 marks, 2 goals (one out on the full)

Windy

10 touches, 5 marks, 1 tackle, 1 goal

Nas excluded from the discussion because he’s a different type of player.

Also yes I know we smashed them so obviously it’s easier to down hill ski than get stats in a s**t team but our boys showed up the supposed future star at north. Hope they get some credit in the media

I think we probably play 2 next game but doubt all 4. Nas is too good to leave out off that match. Owens the next best.
I agree. Every match we can manage to keep one in is investing into the future but Brisbane being a top side with a mature midfield is a tough decision. Owens, Windy while excellent today might honestly get run off their feet by a Neale who might get 38 and kick 3 without Steele there to oppose him. Not many softer mids we can exploit. Only thing is their defence is a bit more vulnerable than the other top teams so we might be able to get them there.

Selection will be intriguing for the Brisbane game. Wang has to stay in. I'd say they'll bring in Butler for Sharman, Higgins for Windy. We'll need to address our lack of Steele in the middle, not sure how we do that against the lions.

I think apart from the one blatant mistake, the umpiring was pretty good. Not over umpired, seemed to allow vigorous tackles, even a bit of push and shove.
No stupid dissent frees, a couple of 50's but they were there.
Thought exactly the same. Helps when you win 😉
They weren’t so whistle-happy today.

Selection will be intriguing for the Brisbane game. Wang has to stay in. I'd say they'll bring in Butler for Sharman, Higgins for Windy. We'll need to address our lack of Steele in the middle, not sure how we do that against the lions.
Who’s the other winger for Brisbane? I worry Robbo will brutalise Nas. He’s the big bodied wrecking ball type of winger like Dmac

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also just wanted to point out on the topic of our kids being such good value.

JHF was pick 1. Predicted to be the next Sam Walsh/Rowell in terms of impact as being an AFL player early.

15 touches, 5 tackles, 4 marks 1 behind

Mitch Owens AND Windy we got for a second round essentially

Owens

14 touches, 10 tackles, 3 marks, 2 goals (one out on the full)

Windy

10 touches, 5 marks, 1 tackle, 1 goal

Nas excluded from the discussion because he’s a different type of player.

Also yes I know we smashed them so obviously it’s easier to down hill ski than get stats in a s**t team but our boys showed up the supposed future star at north. Hope they get some credit in the media

Horny Francis is a coal face bull, he'll be a gun. Our guys are still a bit more speculative but showing more early than just about any kids we've had in about decade. We seemed to find the most slow burn players ever that then burnt out as quickly as they arrived. I guess Max King is pretty good for a KPF as well.

Steele is pushing for an early return. Not sure if Brisbane is too early as that’s 4 weeks.

But might be in V the bombers.

Thank * for that. We have a major hole in the side without him.

Yeah I agree. Clark, Butler and Higgins are all pretty likely to be back against Brisbane, it's pretty hard to pick outs. Sharman in the most danger, probably followed by Windy given it is pretty damn hard to drop either Owens or Nas after today and all our other more fringe types just keep playing good footy. Maybe one of Paton or Webster in danger again if I have to pick a third. Maybe one of Higgo or Clark plays in the twos for fitness, I'd really like to see Clark back to boost the midfeild though.

Who’s the other winger for Brisbane? I worry Robbo will brutalise Nas. He’s the big bodied wrecking ball type of winger like Dmac

McLuggage is probably one of the best wings in footy this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back