Autopsy Round 11, 2022: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

How was that hit on DMAC for no free. But the pay frees for a slight touch.

No wonder the umpires get hammered. 3 umpires on the ground and not one saw it, well two because Leigh Fisher would never pay anything to the Saints.

You'd think that the match review should include an examination of every incident resulting on a player coming off with head injury.

We knew they were gonna have a bit of fire in the guts. Goldy is a good ruckman. I loved our tackling, Espescially loved our tackling today. Not just the quantity but the quality
was great. This was amazing considering the high tackles last week.

Standout tacklers
Owens
Jones
Battle
I think apart from the one blatant mistake, the umpiring was pretty good. Not over umpired, seemed to allow vigorous tackles, even a bit of push and shove.
No stupid dissent frees, a couple of 50's but they were there.

Harsh on owens. Big kid. Strong as.

Still looks like a big kid, he looked OK against North who have other kids in the midfield, he could still be found out against Brisbane, Melbourne etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can if they improve the side. Are you actually saying Clark and Higgins won’t play seniors if they are deemed fit enough?
Where did I even remotely say that when I quoted a post that mentioned Billings, bytel and Byrnes?
How about reading a ******* post before having a dig. Dumbed down enough for you?

The old stereotypes about the Crouch brothers ringing true

At the ground it looked like North flooded our forward line and pressed man on man at other times. It was actually good that we went sideways and backwards when needed instead of blazing away. Crouch looked pretty good to me.

Ziebell has failed to collect 20 or more disposals in over half of the 250 games they just chaired him off for.

10 today.

They're a rabble
To be fair he was more focused on playing the man and not the ball. And he’d obviously been told that for his 250th he’d not give away a free any time he did so, so he did so.

Last edited:
I really did not enjoy that game.

Bank the points, move on.

North gave us an absolute touch up in the clearances. We really miss #9. We also turned it over far too easily.
I enjoyed the game heaps. So many good things. Hill, Owens, Long, Windhager. All good games

N
Pretty crazy to think that we have just had a 50 point win to put us in the top 4 heading into the bye and that we are doing it without Steele, Clark, Higgins, Butler and Coffield etc. and we're all already growing complacent. Wouldn't have picked that after round 1.
Not sure Steele is best 22 anymore. Others have gone past him.

Where did I even remotely say that when I quoted a post that mentioned Billings, bytel and Byrnes?
How about reading a ******* post before having a dig. Dumbed down enough for you?
Not quite. What does the word hello start with. What is 3 plus 1. That’s more my standard.

At the ground it looked like North flooded our forward line and pressed man on man at other times. It was actually good that we went sideways and backwards when needed instead of blazing away. Crouch looked pretty good to me.
Exactly this. They flooded like a Paul Roos Sydney team. I thought Norths tackling pressure was pretty good especially in midfield, which stopped our run a bit. Happy that we matched it and our more experienced players made them pay. They seemed to make simple mistakes at critical times in their back 50 that we capitalised on.

Would hope to win 2 out of 3 of them

Billings , Bytel, Byrnes need to earn their spot back with hard work at Sandy

I wouldn't be rushing Billings straight back

Higgins and Clark back in for Brisbane for me

Butler is walking in off his VFL performance.

I thought Wood played quite well today and I'm not a huge fan. Stuffed a couple of fairly easy kicks tho that cost us. Same with Paton - missed a few easy hit ups that cost us.

Wood had lot of touches but he's not very damaging. He looked like he was coasting at the ground. Missed kicks and slowed play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back