Preview Round 11, 2023: Saints v Hawks 1:45pm Sat 27th May, Marvel Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want the win, we play Maginness & send him to Sinclair = Game Over.

Probably gain more by playing our Best Available & playing on our terms, though.

Last edited:

Pinoy Hawk

All Australian
Aug 21, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Went to Waverley this morning.
All named 26 players are there (including emergencies).
All did their normal drills.
Based on my untrained eye, probably no change.

I asked Sam after the outdoor training if Ned Reeves will play, he said “He will be out there.”

Personally I don’t think thats a definitive answer. But we’ll see tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpeg
    IMG_0503.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 169
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sam said on SEN this morning that Scrim has fallen out of the best 22 based on form. And that Weddle and Seamus are best 22 players right now in his position. Likewise Frost.

Scrim now needs to dominate at VFL level to get back in. It's over to him now.
Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sam said on SEN this morning that Scrim has fallen out of the best 22 based on form. And that Weddle and Seamus are best 22 players right now in his position. Likewise Frost.

Call It Off Rebecca Wisocky GIF by CBS

Sam is an idiot & doesn't know anything...

Am I right Simon Crawshay ?

He also made mention before that how since he's come across from the Suns he's been able to get a game on his talent but he's now at that point he needs to improve his work rate to reach another level.

I made this post in the round 3 review thread and I think Sam might see it the same way. That Scrimshaw is best 22 on talent, but could be truly elite if pushed to work towards it. And I guess it's got to the point where he is now forced to do so if he wants to be in the team. A tough, but important call if this is what's happening.
Personally I think Scrimshaw has a higher potential to reach. With all his talent and footy IQ, at age 24 and approaching 70 games he should really be pushing to be our best player in the backline and being talked about as one of the top few in the comp for his position.

I'd back the coaches to challenge him and hold him to a higher standard. We should be starting to talk about him and Sicily in the same breath. Not debating whether he's best 22.

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination

Needs to pull his finger out. Been saying it for years.

There's a reason why the Gold Coast were more than happy to give him the flick. Their loss has been our gain but time is ticking for Scrim.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Could be the push that makes Scrimshaw an elite player, still young at 24.

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Naah look Scrim should be working hard to get back in the team. He will be fighting every week. We need him to be the best he can be. Because when he is we will be better as a team.

Alternatively, if he can't get back into a stacked position with high-upside talent , younger talent...

It will be an interesting watch end of season as a finals team could part with a decent pick for him.

Alternatively, if he can't get back into a stacked position with high-upside talent , younger talent...

It will be an interesting watch end of season as a finals team could part with a decent pick for him.
Not sure about this to be honest.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Not sure what sort of omen this is, but just bought a packet of footy cards and wax stoked to find Dylan Moore, but worryingly it also contained Jack Steele, Seb Ross and Jade Greshem.

Love this quote about Frosty in there:

I think the performance of some of our (older guys), whether it’s a guy like Sam Frost - who is not everyone’s favourite - but I think he’s the teammates’ favourite and the coaches’ favourite because he’s so reliable and he gets the job done.

Love this quote about Frosty in there:
Haha, don't doubt Sam here but he must do so much right from a team work point of view to offset some of the hair tearing mistakes he makes. Goes to show how much we're not privy to.

I remember when Sic was going through a phase where everyone was ragging on his effort and leadership or whatever, then Sam came out in one of those interviews and talked about how amazed he was at the amount Sicily was doing on the field and how good he'd been despite the extra responsibility on him this season.

Not sure what sort of omen this is, but just bought a packet of footy cards and wax stoked to find Dylan Moore, but worryingly it also contained Jack Steele, Seb Ross and Jade Greshem.
It meant you bought a pack of footy cards.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back