Prediction Round 11, 2024: Changes vs Kuwarna (Adelaide)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting my guess in:

In: Yeo, Gaff, Hedwards
Out: no one yet

Extended bench: Chesser, Rotham, Maric, Jones, Ledwards, Dewar, Gaff, Hedwards

Jones, Ledwards and Dewar basically competing for the final 22 spot, the sub spot and the job carrying the bags.

Gaff and Hedwards to play Claremont.

Just getting my guess in:

In: Yeo, Gaff, Hedwards
Out: no one yet

Extended bench: Chesser, Rotham, Maric, Jones, Ledwards, Dewar, Gaff, Hedwards

Jones, Ledwards and Dewar basically competing for the final 22 spot, the sub spot and the job carrying the bags.

Gaff and Hedwards to play Claremont.
Don't forget the melts here for Gaff being listed on the bench again

Going by a Crows interview on TV last night, looks like Reid can expect a rough time from the Crows. Be curious to see how he handles it. If so, wouldn't surprise me if there was a melee or two. After all the hype from the Demons game, oppos are putting some time into him..
Hope his mates go in hard (within reason) then, don't want to see the same shit that happened when Long( was it him?) was roughed up last season.

It’s kind of funny, they keep saying they are going to target Reid physically. Have they not watched him play? He draws contact in just about every contest he runs into and relishes being able to get out of it. I’m not sure what impact they expect it to have.

Having said that, attention will start coming, he will almost certainly draw a tag for the remainder of the year. So we need to make sure we give him a good chop out.

It’s kind of funny, they keep saying they are going to target Reid physically. Have they not watched him play? He draws contact in just about every contest he runs into and relishes being able to get out of it. I’m not sure what impact they expect it to have.

Having said that, attention will start coming, he will almost certainly draw a tag for the remainder of the year. So we need to make sure we give him a good chop out.

Bring back the RoJo blocking strategy.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

What was said?
Forgot his name, a player interviewed, mentioned how they got Reid in the preseason and reckons they've got his measure, not fazed, they're onto it. But most oppo say it in a sportsmanship way as in it'll be a fun challenge to take him on, but this had a bit more spice to it...anyway it's all part of footy of course, we wait and see...

Last edited:
Aus cricket side decided not to sledge Brian nLara back in the day, great decision.
Have a feeling roughing up H Reid might end up in the same pile.
Look what happened to Nat Fyfe.

IMG_5487.jpeg

Yeo in for Edwards

Dewar stays in the 26 on the extended bench

Gaff, Hall and the other Edwards added to round out the squad of 26

Expect either Hall or Dewar to be the sub

Like it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dewar might be better with a full run in the wafl than 5 mins at the end of a game or starting and someone else moving to sub. I don't think there will be many changes though.

With regards to players like Ledwards getting a run of games. It might be that the mc see something we don't or they are giving players a good go to see if they'll make the cut. After the bye other players like culley might get a run to see how they stack up. I don't mind Ledwards. I think he has some poise in heavy traffic even though his numbers aren't huge. It could be that he and Chesser are just getting match fitness. Don't worry about the numbers just get heaps of kms in their legs?

Astonishing to see Edwards dropped.
Wouldn't be a surprise for Hall to get a spot just as the sub, but prefer him to develop to more in the WAFL and win a place in the side rather than just a couple of sub appearances.
Maybe the Jones the sub instead of Dewar again.

Last edited:
Has Hall travelled with the team as the travelling emergency yet? Could be the case this week just to get a feel for it.
Probably just plays WAFL though after not playing last week

Has Hall travelled with the team as the travelling emergency yet? Could be the case this week just to get a feel for it.
Probably just plays WAFL though after not playing last week

I think that’s what they might be doing (having him travel) like they did with Johnston before his call up

All of a sudden we are looking good across the board and the match committee is making good choices.

Such a great turnaround for us.

Good times to seemingly be past all the shit and things looking up.

Be even better with Flynn, Allen and Hewitt back in.

Aus cricket side decided not to sledge Brian nLara back in the day, great decision.
Have a feeling roughing up H Reid might end up in the same pile.
Look what happened to Nat Fyfe.
He'll learn and adapt, and it'll just add to his AFL craft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back