Preview Round 11 - Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Sunday 3rd June 2018, Adelaide oval, 4.10pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davis trained full contact today apparently
He was expected to. I dont know how the Clinical assessment is made, but it might be as simple as a headache afterwards or a lack of coordination.
It's my opinion, we'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:
Occams razor.
Simplest explanation is Davis didn't pass the concussion test I think.

We'll see but I think this fails Occam's Razor because there'd be no point even naming Davis to the emergencies if he didn't pass the concussion test.

We'll see but I think this fails Occam's Razor because there'd be no point even naming Davis to the emergencies if he didn't pass the concussion test.
Keep the opposition guessing perhaps? We'll find out soon enough anyway. I just cant make sense of it any other way, doesn't mean there isn't a reason though.

We have too many tall defenders..... let’s debut a tall defender!

Funnily enough they're about all we have that are both fit (unlike our mids) and more or less in form (unlike our forwards).

In all seriousness maybe Leon is just giving up on trying to control Eddie. Just limit his options.

Or

Get the rookie to take him out early.

Not that im promoting the intentional taking out of a player who rips us a new one each time we have played them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Barrett you are a flog.

1 more chance away to Adelaide.

The stupid is strong in this one.

By the way. A Barrett nice comment about the Giants.
We will get another injury this week.
16d63ae4f4eca0ba81c2a7fa609ef5d8.jpg

We've played 4 for a long time, and we're certainly not the only club that does. It's fine if there's ground level capacity there, and Corr, Haynes and Davis have that in their skillset IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not concerned about going in too tall down back. We have has issues going in too tall but that was a tall forward line. Last week Shaw played lose man across the back but with Eddie playing this week, shaw is likely to go to him and maybe that frees up Davis to play a McGovern type role?

Im not concerned about going in too tall down back. We have has issues going in too tall but that was a tall forward line. Last week Shaw played lose man across the back but with Eddie playing this week, shaw is likely to go to him and maybe that frees up Davis to play a McGovern type role?
Betts towels shaw up every time he plays on him.

Adelaide v GIANTS
Sunday June 3 at 4:40pm (EST)
Adelaide Oval
FB: Sam Taylor, Aidan Corr, Adam Tomlinson
HB: Harry Perryman, Nick Haynes, Lachie Whitfield
C: Zac Langdon, Stephen Coniglio, Heath Shaw
HF: Tim Taranto, Jeremy Cameron, Jacob Hopper
FF: Jon Patton, Harry Himmelberg, Daniel Lloyd
RR: Rory Lobb, Dylan Shiel, Josh Kelly
Interchange: Sam Reid, Ryan Griffen, Phil Davis, Callan Ward
In: Phil Davis, Sam Reid, Sam Taylor (debutant)
Out: Tim Mohr (shoulder), Matt Buntine, Dylan Buckley (omitted)
Emergencies: Dawson Simpson, Matt Buntine, Dylan Buckley, Brent Daniels

Oh well wrong again. I thought Bunts a possibility but very unlikely. Maybe it is what Danny88 suggested. I have seen Davis playing loose before, but tend to expect Haynes in that role. With Haynes and Taylor both capable intercept markers as well lets hope it works.

Lobb's greatest asset when Mummy was still playing was his ability to play anywhere. If we needed to slow game down or defend the last 5mins of a qtr he could play loose back and pluck marks over anyone. Then his confidence was sky high and he would go fwd and do the same thing. Now he is getting battered playing ruck all day, never gets a mismatch because his opponents are now all physically bigger than him. We have a guy like Simpson who can take guys jumping all over him all day long and still get his fair share of hitouts, yet we prefer to play Patton in the ruck instead and have a completely dysfunctional fwd line. And the coach says its because guys need to be able to play more than one role. And now we overload on tall defenders who can only play one position. Its like our selectors have positional racism or something.

Lobb's greatest asset when Mummy was still playing was his ability to play anywhere. If we needed to slow game down or defend the last 5mins of a qtr he could play loose back and pluck marks over anyone. Then his confidence was sky high and he would go fwd and do the same thing. Now he is getting battered playing ruck all day, never gets a mismatch because his opponents are now all physically bigger than him. We have a guy like Simpson who can take guys jumping all over him all day long and still get his fair share of hitouts, yet we prefer to play Patton in the ruck instead and have a completely dysfunctional fwd line. And the coach says its because guys need to be able to play more than one role. And now we overload on tall defenders who can only play one position. Its like our selectors have positional racism or something.
Jesus wept

I’m an deadset sick of blokes wailing on Lobb! He has literally played two games as the primary Ruck. One of them was last week where he had 38 hit outs a couple tackles a few inside 50’s and 4 contested marks. What a stitch up! He is so young he needs time to keep putting it together

Dawson is a statue and a step backwards

Jesus wept

I’m an deadset sick of blokes wailing on Lobb! He has literally played two games as the primary Ruck. One of them was last week where he had 38 hit outs a couple tackles a few inside 50’s and 4 contested marks. What a stitch up! He is so young he needs time to keep putting it together

Dawson is a statue and a step backwards
The fact he doesnt refer to himself in the 3rd person, like in the Movie, annoys me.

Last edited:
I have a weird feeling about this game.

Lose the ones we are expected to win. Win the ones you are expecting to lose

I know what you mean.

We're out of form, struggling with injuries and persistent structural problems. We're away to our greatest bogey team and no-one gives us a chance.

Still, they've been all over the shop this season. They're under huge hometown pressure to redeem themselves after last week. Stranger things have happened. :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back